Director Player Error

[Post New]by tantejoan on Oct 7, 08 7:18 PM
Suddenly, after playing this for months, I am getting script error message on attempting to open the game, followed by Director Player Error, continue yes/no. Has anyone had this, and how do you get out of it and into the game?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Director Player Error

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 7, 08 8:49 PM
tantejoan, I've never seen this specific error. This is what I would do. First document where you are when this happens and the exact message ... then each step you take and what happens.
...I'd say yes and see if you can continue. If you can continue playing, good. But hang onto your notes. If you can't play, close the game, close all open applications, and Restart your PC. Then open game and try again. Remember, write down your steps. If you can play without the error occurring again ... go for it. If the error occurs again, I'd close the game.
...Then, run and save your dxdiag file. Send an email to Tech Support and attach your dxdiag file. Hopefully, they'll be able to determine why this is happening.
...Good Luck

[Post New]by moyosmif on Oct 15, 08 8:24 PM
I'm having the same problem. Any ideas will be appreciated

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 15, 08 8:27 PM
moyosmif, welcome to the Fish Pond. I'm sorry you're having this issue. Did you read my post above? Those are the steps I'd recommend. good luck

[Post New]by tantejoan on Oct 17, 08 6:37 PM
cesse47, thanks for your reply. I tried your solution and did get away from this message, however now I play my Mac games for varying lengths of time but inevitably get a freeze. Frustrating much?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 17, 08 6:46 PM
tantejoan, I'm so sorry...that's just so frustrating, I'm sure. Have you Googled that phrase--director player error
to see what it might tell you?

[Post New]by moyosmif on Nov 5, 08 1:45 PM
yeah, not much works to get this up and running. It just keeps giving the error. I did a Goggle and found a post from 2005 that said it was a Big Fish server problem.
It would be nice if someone from the Big Fish side would run some test and look into it.
I'm sure there are more than two of us having this problem.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 5, 08 1:50 PM
These forums are for users. Tech Support does not respond to technical issues discussed in the Pond. If you haven't done so, I recommend you send an email to Tech Support and attach a copy of your dxdiag file...see link bottom right.
....Good Luck

[Post New]by samcam58 on Mar 20, 09 12:39 PM
I have been having the same problem "Script error, continue?" and have tried all sorts of things to resolve the issue. Trying to get information online, and trying to speak with someone from customer service has been not so good. Have waited over a half hour more than once without ever getting a live person. I had purchased a few games from BigFish and used them without trouble for a few months. Suddenly I started to get the same errors as were previously mentioned. I just purchased another game, hoping for the best and reading all the system requirements, and it looked good to me - but them I'm not a techie. Regrettably, this game won't start either. I get a message about "Can't Init 3D". I'm getting very frustrated and am considering forgetting any future purchases. It's too bad, because I really enjoy the products. When they work!

[Post New]by samcam58 on Mar 20, 09 12:56 PM
Got through to customer service and am sending a diagnostic file once I get the directions via email. Hopefully, BFish tech dept will be able to help. After a long wait on the phone, a very nice person assisted me and told me that while they can't assist with tech problems over the phone, she could expedite the online assistance. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will let you all know how it goes.

[Post New]by pudy68 on Jun 14, 10 5:49 PM
Well, it's now June 2010 and they are still selling this game with the same Director Player Error script that appears with Chapter 8. I haven't been able to find any solutions on line. I bought this game at Wal-Mart, so maybe it's not a BigFish problem. Anyone had a success story yet?

[Post New]by norrrmysmom on Jul 19, 10 9:09 AM
Same problem here. Has a solution been found yet???

[Post New]by michele on Sep 1, 10 3:36 PM
i have been having the same issue and have tried reinsalling adobe shockwave and adobe flashplayer as i found out they might be the issue..i have also tried running registry cleaner and disabing script debugging in internet explorer but i stil cant play the game and am so frustrated

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 1, 10 4:20 PM
Hey michele,

I'm sorry that you're still having troubles playing that game. Have you also tried updating the Microsoft components? It may help, and if you'd like more information on this, please take a look at this help article:

Microsoft Updates

If you still can't resolve that error message, please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps. Be sure to include any troubleshooting steps you've already taken!

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Hope this helps.

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: