No Skip no Buy

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

No Skip no Buy

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 19, 10 5:54 AM
Well I nearly bought this one as it is okay forgetable but okay until I got to the pond where you have to memorise the circles, for some reason same as the tunes in some games, Now I just cannot get past six It is like I freeze, with no skip no buy it says try again I said NO but it looks like you need to do it to get any further, I have Bad Bad memories of an organ I think in Magic Encyclopedia or Dream Chronicles that it took me ages and I was realy stressed.
I think that is why I freeze, imagine getting stressed about a game, I do not even beleive I am writing this but yes I admit I get stressed on memory games and always just skip, Yet on the whole I think I have quite a good memory I need for my job, but must be gettig old No Skip No Buy LISTEN DEVELOPERS>

Cheers
lineck

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:No Skip no Buy

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 19, 10 6:04 AM
Totally agree with you. I hate those things where I have to repeat the colors, or music notes, etc. Like you I stress ... and that is why I play these games .. to relieve stress.. No Skip No Buy.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Feb 19, 10 6:07 AM
I agree too, No Skip No Buy! I don't like those repeat puzzles either. Not worth my time and energy. And we all play to relieve the stress of these days.

Want to sell the Games? Put in Skip Buttons!! Not a bad Game otherwise.

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 6:08:58 AM PST

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Feb 19, 10 6:27 AM
Lineck, I am with you all the way. I remember that horrible organ thing in dream chronicles that you had to copy the tune. My husband finally had to get me out of it. I shy away from the music puzzles because I simply don't have an ear for it. Do the developers assume that everyone know how to play music?
I will not buy this game based on your opinion. Thanks for helping me to avoid stress. Lyds

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Feb 19, 10 6:47 AM
I agree. Playing or not playing puzzles in a game should be your choice, not mandatory. It's a game for bejesus sake! I like CHOICE and with this game there just isn't much of that. I found this game kinda irritating, not very well explained, and with the no-skip, its definately a NO BUY for me.

[Post New]by MurphtheSquirt on Feb 19, 10 7:19 AM
I don't like the no skip aspect. Sometimes I get frustrated with a game and need to skip it.

I'm with you. NO SKIP NO BUY.

Murph

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 19, 10 7:47 AM
The pleasure is all mine, I have deleted it no go: back to the kid in me and playing the Penguin game again until something else better turns up with no stress, glad I am not alone re the timer I sometimes get my friends young daughter to help out as they are a lot quicker and my grandkids all stay too far away. well back to Pengoo (love that game best this year.)

Cheers
lineck

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Feb 19, 10 8:08 AM
Thank goodness I am not alone. I dread those memory mini games that escalate to being really hard. I skip them too. I will not even download the trial now.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Feb 19, 10 8:19 AM
I agree. It's too frustrating to get half-way through a game, and get stymied by a puzzle that won't work for you.

No Skip No Buy should be something all developers should know by now!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 19, 10 8:21 AM
Ah, the Dream Chronicles organ! Yes, that was a very hard puzzle! I finally drew out the keyboard thing, lettered the keys, and wrote down the sequences. I usually have to do something similar in all the Simon games if they have more than 5 sequences. That said, try tracing the pattern as it plays. Remember the pattern rather than the individual notes/colors/whatever. That will help with this type of game.

I have DLd but not played, yet. Sounds like I may actually like it, if it is as hard as everyone says, since I think most games are on the easy side. BUT. I also like skip buttons for the games I am not wired to do, like quick clicks and the slider pictures. I also don't like penalties for misclicks, because clicking everything is the way real adventure games are played!

We shall see...

MissJack08
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MissJack08 on Feb 19, 10 8:43 AM
I agree with all! NO SKIP-NO BUY!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 19, 10 8:53 AM
I made it through the circles in the fountain and the bird and even the tile matching BUT you get 3 chances and then you have to start over. I agree with everyone who said "NO SKIP, NO BUY" I found this game really confusing and it needs a walkthrough which I'm sure allot of us would need for almost the entire game.

wrennie
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

[Post New]by wrennie on Feb 19, 10 8:54 AM
Good morning, all !! Thanks, Lineck, for bringing this to light. My vote is with you for no skip, no buy. I won't even bother with this game now. I don't have any problem with the music or repeat games but I am half blind and my eyes can't move fast enough for the games like the Robot in Azada. My grandaughter had to rescue me from those because you don't get enough orbs to skip the puzzles.

fudgem
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by fudgem on Feb 19, 10 8:59 AM
I too have dumped this game because there is no skip, not only that but there is no access to the menu so had to summon the task manager to close the game, no buy

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 19, 10 9:04 AM
NO "SKIP" NO BUY

PEN

[Post New]by momydearest on Feb 19, 10 10:24 AM
I agree with no skip no buy. I get very stressed with the some of the puzzles

[Post New]by henifer on Feb 19, 10 10:37 AM
How funny!!! I came to the forum to see if there was a way to "skip" the pond puzzle even though it doesn't have a "skip" option!
I agree!!!!
No Skip No Buy!

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Feb 19, 10 10:39 AM
I posted earlier in another thread about no skip button. Since there is now a titled thread I will add my comment here--NO SKIP/NO BUY!! Thanks lineck for the thread for us not so crazy about mini puzzles.

Pely
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Pely on Feb 19, 10 11:11 AM
I AGREE 100%.

NO Skip...No BUY!

Time to delete this game, which is a shame, as I was enjoying it up to this point. It's hard to follow patterns with my ADD.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Feb 19, 10 11:25 AM
I have fibromyalgia which causes short-term memory problems fondly known as fibro-fog, so I am with everybody else on this one. I play these games as a distraction from the pain, so I don't need the stress of time penalties or especially no-skip puzzles. I've passed on a lot of games for just that reason.

Go to: