bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Ancient Spiders forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Ancient Spiders forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Ancient Spiders players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

Re:Welcome to Ancient Spiders forum

[Post New]by moonladydi on Apr 29, 17 10:24 PM
I cannot get the Demo to play. Looking at previous discussions from people with the same problem (including players who purchased the full game) it seems this will only work on older Macs which include the Rosetta translator. Here is what Wikipedia has to say...

<quote> Rosetta was initially included with Mac OS X v10.4.4 "Tiger", the version that was released with the first Intel-based Macintosh models.[3]

Rosetta is not installed by default in Mac OS X v10.6 "Snow Leopard", but can be retained as an option via the installer or Apple Software Update for users who need to run PowerPC applications.[4]

Rosetta is neither included nor supported in Mac OS X v10.7 "Lion" or later. Therefore, with Lion and later releases, the current Macintosh platform does not support PowerPC applications.[4] <unquote>

There is more to follow in the article, but it's all Jargon to a "techno-challenged" granny like me. Please include a warning to customers, or ask the Developers to update their game. Thank you

[Post New]by zimmkat on Jul 13, 17 6:00 PM
i couldn't get this game to work before buying, so i bought it and it still won't work.
i did delete cookies but it appears from the below that it won't play, so i'd like a refund, please.
thanks, zimmkat

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lsr103 on Jul 24, 17 11:06 PM
Exactly the same problem here - the demo won't even open, let alone play. Is there anything I can do to try playing this game or should I simply delete and forget...? Advice gratefully received.

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lsr103 on Oct 3, 17 4:23 AM
Ditto - same here. Is there anything we can do to get this to open?

[Post New]by dreens on Oct 8, 17 6:39 AM
Will not load on my Mac - someone much cleverer it seems than I am has given loads of tips re Mac - I don't understand their instructions unfortunately. Does this mean that I've just lost a credit. Help in simple language please

Go to: