What a joke

[Post New]by amilitaryremembd on Feb 19, 10 9:56 AM
I played this game for all of 10 mins. No direction, no list of items to pick up. A stupid game.

moaner1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:What a joke

[Post New]by moaner1 on Feb 23, 10 5:29 AM
I went one better and purchased the game - one of the most boring games I've ever played it is so WOODEN

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

What a joke

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 28, 10 10:58 PM
amilitaryremembd wrote:I played this game for all of 10 mins. No direction, no list of items to pick up. A stupid game.

Welcome to the forums, amilitaryremembd!

Sorry you were disappointed. There are never lists or many instructions in adventure games. I love the series, personally

[Post New]by Princessdana on Jun 10, 10 6:04 AM
I don't like this game either. You waste way too much time trying to navigate. i gave up after being stuck in Edvin's apt. for several days & unable to find the exit.

[Post New]by kebber on Jul 5, 10 10:30 AM
I agree! Total waste of time!

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Dec 3, 10 11:13 PM
And I respectfully disagree. I love this game. Isn't it great that we all have different tastes, likes and dislikes? "That's what makes horse racing," my Granddaddy used to say.

Those of us who enjoy adventure games probably do so for the same reason that other folks, such as yourselves, dislike them. You have to wander around and explore things, poke your nose into all of the cabinets and cupboards and closed doors. There usually aren't clear-cut directions, it's just sort of free-form play. No list of things to look for such as shoes, yarn, umbrellas, magnifying glasses, binoculars, bees, beetles, gears, and the like.

(Raising my glass) Here's a toast to diversity - you enjoy your types of games and I'll enjoy my types of games. You'll probably be surprised how often you see me there in your types of games, too. I really don't exclude any particular types of games. I can find something that I enjoy playing in pretty much every category. Not very good at some of them, but I play them and enjoy them anyway.

Keep gaming, Good Fishies.

Edited on 12/18/2010 at 8:30:33 AM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

What a joke

[Post New]by mcurty on Dec 15, 10 9:58 PM
amilitaryremembd wrote:I played this game for all of 10 mins. No direction, no list of items to pick up. A stupid game.

That's what makes this game so enjoyable and a challenge. You have to figure out what you need to do. I remember the first time I saw MCF Ravenhurst and demo'd it. A stupid game -- no adventure. What a rip-off, I though! This is not an adventure, it's an ISPY game that I would have my elementary students play. However, I did learn to appreciate some of the HOG games and play some of them. I really like the Ravenhurst games and Dire grove now.

The most intriguing thing about the Carol Reed games is the art work and the environment. They are a very relaxing atmosphere, and I've learned a lot about that country and how it is different from ours. Makes me feel like I've taken a vacation every time I play one.

The best way to learn to play these 'real' adventure games is to find a walk-through. You can google and find one from several sites. Games for Boomers is a good start since many of us players are boomers. Use that walk-through to get you started and through the most difficult parts. I love these games but have always needed to use the walk-through in places.

[Post New]by eve_naive on Jul 28, 11 3:39 PM
The most intriguing thing about the Carol Reed games is the art work and the environment. They are a very relaxing atmosphere, and I've learned a lot about that country and how it is different from ours. Makes me feel like I've taken a vacation every time I play one.

I actually went on holiday to Sweden because of playing the games! Go! Its so wonderful - going back and next time I am going to Norkoping ...in fact if I find a way I'm going to live there one day...really.

Keep making the Carol Reed's! xxxxxx

Go to: