The Inquisitor

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

The Inquisitor

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 19, 10 11:03 AM
New IHOG has been out at LI, but for premium price. ULose just put it out today at regular price. Gonna demo it there. Hopefully it will come to BFG. It looks dark and interesting...

ljhiluvbf
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,896 Posts

Re:The Inquisitor

[Post New]by ljhiluvbf on Feb 19, 10 11:08 AM
Keep us informed......................Sounds good!

@

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Feb 19, 10 11:09 AM
If it's a dark and/or creepy IHOG or LF game count me in! Please let us know how you like it!

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Feb 19, 10 11:44 AM
I downloaded the demo from Legacy awhile ago and played at least half of it. I guess it's creepy but it's not exactly what you might expect.

There were a lot of hidden objects and The Inquisitor is a sympathetic character. Of course, if you check The Catholic Encylcopedia, they agree . (I was curious about the Inquisition in Germany, okay?)

It wasn't really to my taste but what I played seemed well done.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 19, 10 11:53 AM
And speaking of dark and creepy, Alapeace just released a new one, Mind's Eye: Secrets Of The Forgotten that looks to be REALLY creepy and weird. They even state "Disturbing imagery". Of course I'm dl'ing that one too!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 19, 10 11:56 AM
Just finished demo. OK, good story just not good graphics, that I love, and repetative scenes. When I skipped through the sketched artwork, I missed what I was supposed to do next and had to figure it out on my own. WAAAAHHH! Was in too much of a hurry. My bad.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 19, 10 12:03 PM
One of my all time favorite books is Umberto Eco's Name of the Rose (now there would be a great IHOG/LFA), set in a monastery in Austria (which actually exists). So stories set in this milieu interest me. I also want to play Murder in the Abbey, which is a LFA and may have to give a nod to Eco.

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 12:05:49 PM PST

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Feb 19, 10 12:25 PM
phatkhat wrote:And speaking of dark and creepy, Alapeace just released a new one, Mind's Eye: Secrets Of The Forgotten that looks to be REALLY creepy and weird. They even state "Disturbing imagery". Of course I'm dl'ing that one too!

Phat, I beta tested that game a few days ago....yep, a few days ago and I don't know if you'll like it or not...maybe if they fixed some of the items that were so dark that you had to use the Hint button in order to get them, also you have to take your cursor and move it from the sides of your screen to go into another part of the room. (that didn't bother me but it seem to some others).

Getting ready to test another HOG or hopefully, IHOG called, "Golden Trails-The New Western Rush" in a few minutes. Hope it's a IHOG!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 19, 10 1:34 PM
Dang! How to you get to test so many? I'm on everyone's list, but hardly ever get a beta. Got one called Island from BFG last week, but also got the access violation error. Did everything they said to, but just couldn't get in.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 19, 10 2:30 PM
Just tried Mind's Eye, and it looks like a very cool game, though it is dark and hard to see some of the objects. I has the side scrolling effect, which is a neat thing. But, I got to chapter 2 and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I have a glitch. I'm supposed to get the light working. There is a lightbulb on the desk, okay, and a ceiling fixture without a bulb. But when I take the bulb from inventory and try to place in in the fixture, nothing happens. Wish I knew if it was a glitch or a brainf*rt, LOL.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 19, 10 2:43 PM
Started the Inquisitor too...not yet sure if I like it enough to buy it. Get to beta test Golden Trails, and just found another hog called Hidden Identity. Downloading the trial of it and also Mind's Eye....four new hogs, plus the two latest from BF. wouldn't you know I have to work tonight and tomorrow night...but I am in hog heaven just thinking about 6 hogs to play when I am off...now the question is, "Do I buy them if I like them or wait and see if BF is gonna get them?" Aww heck, I know that I pay for what I want, when I want, lol. Just don't have the patience to wait unless there are other new hogs out from here

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 19, 10 5:43 PM
Picman just posted on Gameboomers saying that this game will be released on Big Fish tomorrow.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 19, 10 6:17 PM
dl'ing Hidden Identity now. Will be cool to play a game set in Chicago, since I lived there for a while long ago.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Feb 19, 10 6:24 PM
the light bulb does not go where you think it might. Try going to another light fixtuture. It will work.

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 6:25:28 PM PST

loonylimey
Clownfish
Clownfish
522 Posts

[Post New]by loonylimey on Feb 19, 10 6:31 PM
phatkhat wrote:One of my all time favorite books is Umberto Eco's Name of the Rose (now there would be a great IHOG/LFA), set in a monastery in Austria (which actually exists). So stories set in this milieu interest me. I also want to play Murder in the Abbey, which is a LFA and may have to give a nod to Eco.

I too am fascinated by anything to do with clerical folk. Has anyone read the Susan Howatch series about the Church of England?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 19, 10 6:43 PM
loonylimey wrote:
phatkhat wrote:One of my all time favorite books is Umberto Eco's Name of the Rose (now there would be a great IHOG/LFA), set in a monastery in Austria (which actually exists). So stories set in this milieu interest me. I also want to play Murder in the Abbey, which is a LFA and may have to give a nod to Eco.

I too am fascinated by anything to do with clerical folk. Has anyone read the Susan Howatch series about the Church of England?

Um...check out my screen name on Big Fish. Susan Howatch is fantastic and I love her Church of England series; that's how I came up with my screen name.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 20, 10 8:19 AM
loonylimey wrote:

Me Too,and both of these sound like fascinating reads,and subject for games!

Thanks for a really interesting thread.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

The Inquisitor

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 20, 10 8:33 AM
phatkhat wrote:New IHOG has been out at LI, but for premium price. ULose just put it out today at regular price. Gonna demo it there. Hopefully it will come to BFG. It looks dark and interesting...

Off to go try the demo...BRB!

ETA: Okay, played the Demo! I hope gets it because I want to finish playing the game!

Edited on 02/20/2010 at 10:00:41 AM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 21, 10 4:45 PM
Bumping this up--I'm so hoping that Big Fish will get this game very soon!

kirby2005
Catfish
Catfish
1,697 Posts

[Post New]by kirby2005 on Feb 21, 10 4:56 PM
phatkhat wrote:Dang! How to you get to test so many? I'm on everyone's list, but hardly ever get a beta. Got one called Island from BFG last week, but also got the access violation error. Did everything they said to, but just couldn't get in.

is Island the whole name of it ?

did you try other things to make it work, or try another computer, I thought I remember you said you had more than one computer.... I apologize if I'm not remembering correctly.

Go to: