tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Latest update (after Lost World)

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 20, 16 8:04 AM
I have not yet downloaded this update. I am wondering - aside from the decrease in "wheel gold" and arena concerns, are there any other "surprises" before I download the newest update? I have been collecting gold from Witchville and getting the fireflies from each level and selling them daily, and replaying level 102 in The Lost World since I finished that "world". All I ever get are duplicates in the cards so don't know if I should just sell all those - and there are many! I was not able to finish the album or even get a single "epic" card. Thank you for your help!

Re:Latest update (after Lost World)

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Jul 20, 16 8:55 AM
Once in a while I got some of my cards when I logged in at the end of 5days to see what's in the Treasure Chest (ensured I logged in daily to get this). Others I received when I had to open the gates to go on thru, but I did spend some of my hard earned gold to purchase a few (only when I had over 1,000).
I don't like bragging but I'm an Expert at Match-3 games, I didn't want to rush through this game due to the long delay in opening the next level. I go back to Witchville too get more gold and to sell some Fireflies for the extra gold since I have more at that level then the others. I use my gold for only emergencies, if you have enuf gold to spare, buy 1 packet of cards a day only. I did this and in no time my Album was full, now I get only dupes so I sell them every time. Or if you like, save them until you need the gold, then sell them.
Hope this helps.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jul 20, 16 10:57 AM
I did not have a chance to download the update. It just downloaded automatically, although I do not have such settings.

As for the cards, I get mostly duplicates since early in the game- never bought a packet though. Does it really make a difference?

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 20, 16 12:56 PM
Thank you both for your replies! I'm gonna hold off on downloading the newest "world" for a while....hoping there will be another one soon and will download then. Wish there would be more than one world at a time though! I really enjoy this game!!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jul 20, 16 1:00 PM
Have you tried Free the Witch? It's a new free to play match-3 here at BFG, and I think it's even better than this one. But because it's new, it still has lots of bugs/glitches.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jul 20, 16 1:17 PM
So true eli about FtW. I find it much more pleasurable particularly after enduring the 4th World here.

WildCat - I never buy packets of cards - must be why, after all this time, my collection is so dismal - dupe after dupe. Alas.

tj - personally I haven't downloaded the newest (do little good except fix MIA firefly malfunction). I would stay where you are and amass coins etc. until new content is added.

Cheers

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Jul 20, 16 2:53 PM
Before downloading the next update, sell you duplicates! All cards are Worth 5 coins in the latest update while you can get up to 15 coins in the version you're playing with. The best is stocking on the hammer, dynamite and wand. You'll be able to play the 4th world with no problem after that. There will come a time when you won't be able to play without the latest update - that's what happened with Found, so make sure you squeeze what you can out of that.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Jul 21, 16 1:05 AM
I haven't updated my game yet, i.e. the very latest update. This means my stickers are already all worth 5 coins (the change happened on the previous update, together with the disappearance of the flats and the appearance of Lost Island (I think)), but I can still play the arena with no life penalty and the wheel still gives me 45 coins.

I see no reason to update for the moment (my Game Manager tells me there is an update but I haven't accepted it as I could still play the game). I am doing my usual round of collecting the daily reward, collecting my fireflies, selling some if I don't forget, collecting gold and playing the arena. I am also receiving (almost) only duplicates though I still have quite a lot of others to get but oh well, it doesn't really bother me. I am not buying sticker packs either.

All this suits me perfectly well as I haven't had many opportunities to play lately, but when I have some minutes, I play 87 in Witchville to work on my butterfly achievement.

And I am counting on the forum to shout when a new update with a new world will be available!!

As for FtW, I have downloaded it and played about 15 levels only. I was not really impressed but I'll give it a more serious chance as soon as I can find the time to play. I might end up liking it!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jul 21, 16 4:20 AM
Theorem wrote:[...]As for FtW, I have downloaded it and played about 15 levels only. I was not really impressed but I'll give it a more serious chance as soon as I can find the time to play. I might end up liking it!

Hey Theo,

FTW is better in that the boards have a variety of features that are absent from SMAL or GD, such as paths to be followed by rotating the board, bosses to defeat who attack by adding more obstacles, strangely working portals (not sure if this is a feature or a glitch! ) additional goals such as spreading magic from one cell to the rest of the board, additional obstacles, such as bubbles that can be broken only by matches, and additional boosts, such as swords that strike diagonally. Also, there are puzzle boards with unique solutions along the way, where all boosts are forbidden. All this makes playing more interesting while the level of difficulty is for the most part acceptable.

At first I thought that the board design was inconvenient and tiring to the eye but I soon got used to it. Now I find SMAL kind of boring by comparison...FTW's big drawback, like I said above, is that it's buggy, but as long as I can play that's not a deal braker for me! You should definitely give it a second chance!

PS BTW, the more games I play, the more convinced I am that there's only one truly unique game around: Dark Manor! While I can find similar games in all genres, unfortunately there's nothing that even remotely resembles DM! Such a pity that it has been abandoned!

Edited on 07/21/2016 at 4:26:32 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 21, 16 7:06 AM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and suggestions! Off to sell duplicates and replaying levels!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Jul 21, 16 8:04 AM
Howdy eli!!

When I saw it was an Eipix game (love Eipix and Elephant), I knew I would have to try it and your post definitely confirms that I'll give it a second chance! The different features mentioned look quite interesting! (oh no, not bubbles, I like butterflies better!! ). I also wasn't very fond of the design and all the (useless to me) bling-bling, but I shall most probably get used to it! I don't play for long enough (each!) to get really bored but this one *must* be the last one I start!!!

I must say I don't think I suffered too much in Lost Island, but disliked having to replay levels over and over again (even if it wasn't *that* bad really). Still really looking forward to the next world, hoping it comes soon!!

PS I fully agree with your PS!! But you know that!! Even if I have currently no time for anything, DM still keeps me busy! Aren't we (YOU!! hahaha) lucky they allowed multiple games before dropping it!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jul 21, 16 9:09 AM
Theorem wrote: [...] The different features mentioned look quite interesting! (oh no, not bubbles, I like butterflies better!! ).

I must say I don't think I suffered too much in Lost Island, but disliked having to replay levels over and over again (even if it wasn't *that* bad really). Still really looking forward to the next world, hoping it comes soon!!

Bubbles in FTW are stationary and thus not comparable to butterflies! What is comparable is flies, though, which I much prefer as targets! Every time I attack butterflies I feel bad and have to say to myself I'm only collecting them alive and will free them immediately! Whereas I don't have much of a problem with flies! Flies in FTW are the usual black. There are also red flies on certain boards, but I will not tell you how they are different from black flies. You should find out for yourself!

As for Lost Island, I'm not there yet, I'm still in the previous world (see, I don't even remember its name!). From what I've read I'm not looking forward to it, I too hate having to repeat levels ad nauseam.

Edited on 07/21/2016 at 9:25:56 AM PST

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Jul 25, 16 2:52 AM
But you don't attack butterflies, you gently collect them! See how they happily fly to the top of your screen! I can even hear them sing!

Flies are definitely a different story!!! <getting swatter ready>

Boopala
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Boopala on Aug 2, 16 1:45 PM
eli173 wrote:I did not have a chance to download the update. It just downloaded automatically, although I do not have such settings.

As for the cards, I get mostly duplicates since early in the game- never bought a packet though. Does it really make a difference?

R U all saying there is update with a New World after Lost World? I finally finished my album & have racked up more coins playing the daily battles, going 3 or 4 times a day to empty gold build up in Whitchville, as well as letting the dupe cards build and selling them all at once. I'm almost to $3000 by doing all this as well as getting 20 hammers and other such nice bonues. Really want to know when or if there is an update after Lost so I can get a new world??? Thanks all!!!!

Boopala
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Boopala on Aug 2, 16 1:47 PM
tj1147 wrote:Thank you everyone for your thoughts and suggestions! Off to sell duplicates and replaying levels!

Does it really benefit to replay levels after U gotten all coins from the levels?

Boopala
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Boopala on Aug 2, 16 2:04 PM
Can someone please tell me how obtain this update? Typically I get a notice on my PC BFGames app that is an update, but none so far. is there another means to do this.

Thanks,
Boopala

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 2, 16 6:55 PM
Boopala, at present Lost World is the last available location. Nobody knows when new content will be added. There have been a couple of updates since but were mostly for fixing bugs (and reducing earnings/making the game harder, as discussed above). For details see the Updates thread near the top of the forum.

As for the bendefits of replaying levels at stage 3, you still get the resources (books, moondust, potions).

ETA: Sorry, confused SMAL with Free the Witch, I meant fireflies!

Edited on 08/03/2016 at 4:04:51 AM PST

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 3, 16 12:48 AM
eli173 wrote:As for the bendefits of replaying levels at stage 3, you still get the resources (books, moondust, potions).

Heehee had to check which forum I was reading!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 3, 16 4:02 AM
Theorem wrote:
eli173 wrote:As for the bendefits of replaying levels at stage 3, you still get the resources (books, moondust, potions).

Heehee had to check which forum I was reading!

Hahahaha what's even funnier is that I had written even more comments but realized it was about FTW and erased it! Ok, I meant fireflies!!! Must stop playing all these similar games. Bad thing that Gummy Drop has a PC update with new cities out so I have to play that too!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 3, 16 5:54 AM
Haha I know the feeling, too much stress, I am close to a burnout!! I really must think about resigning from my job (and win at the lottery!)!

Good luck with GD (still in London, not sure when I'll leave UK, if ever!!!)!

Go to: