mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

Can't get Mina back up ladder to return to Granite House

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Feb 19, 10 4:37 PM
Mina has buried Capt. Nemo, found the oyster with black pearl, and found the green coconut with Jeps help. Now everytime Mina attempts the ladder to return to the Granite House, belliegerent monkey tosses ladder down. Mina has tried everything from approaching the entance by way of cave near the lake ( as according to some forums, this works). But that entrance is too dark. Mina has tried combining Jep with various offerings to belligerant Monkey, but so far nothing helps. Wondering if Mina should use the fire in small cave on beach to get a light in order to see her way through back entance--if so, how? Mina has only been able to combine Jep with the cake and he has climbed the ladder, only to have belligerant monkey throw the ladder back down, as always
This is a great game with an interface that is easy to use, but I'm a little bit stumped here . New insights anybody?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Can't get Mina back up ladder to return to Granite House

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 20, 10 8:34 AM
You need to make a candle. The seal fat is tallow, but I can't remember what you use as a wick.

You are right about needing light to go in the back way.

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Feb 20, 10 1:05 PM
I got around this problem by reading at least one other walkthrough which gave directions for making a candle. Once there is a candle it can be placed on the ledge where residual candle wax is resting (inside the granite house).--this lights up the dark passageway and it is then possible to go in and out through the back of the granite house.
So now I have gone beyond all this and am now at the part where I have to make dynamite by combining clay, nitroglycerine and a fuse. So far I don't know where to find the fuse, but I have the rest.
This may take a little more research.

[Post New]by BellaLoco on May 17, 12 7:18 PM
HOW DID YOU GET PAST THE MONKEY? I can't gift him, Jep won't take the snake, at the lake the pickax just sticks in the wall and no opening appears. I'm at a total loss!!!

Go to: