Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein CE here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 21, 16 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/21/2016 at 6:42:51 AM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein CE here.

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Jul 21, 16 3:43 AM
Game crashes to desktop right after taking the photo. Using Mac OS 10.11.15.

wwhitley56
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein CE here.

[Post New]by wwhitley56 on Jul 21, 16 4:08 AM
Game keeps freezing on Windows 8 .

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 21, 16 4:38 AM
My screen went black in the first scene when the apparition/ghost was by the gates. I could not get out of the game using Control-Alt-Delete, so my only choice was to turn my computer off which is never a good thing to do.

This is the 2nd ERS game that has done this to me recently.

I am using Windows 10

lindsey56
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lindsey56 on Jul 21, 16 4:42 AM
I am using Windows 10 and it crashes on me too!

driain
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by driain on Jul 21, 16 4:53 AM
Yet another ERS game which encounters an immediate access error when trying to load in Windows 10.

Edited on 07/21/2016 at 4:54:52 AM PST

Kacey5
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey5 on Jul 21, 16 6:11 AM
Access violation. Game won't open. Windows 10

LWensel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by LWensel on Jul 21, 16 6:24 AM
error access again!! this has happened 6 or 7 times since upgrading to windows 10!!

smpilotmom
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by smpilotmom on Jul 21, 16 6:35 AM
I'm using Windows 7 because Windows 10 is not compatible with these games. With that being said I can't even get the game to download. I keep getting the following error code:

Game Manager experienced an internal error. Please try again. If you continue to see this error, please contact Customer Support and mention Error code: 1404.

Error code: 1404

I get this error every time I try to download the game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 21, 16 6:44 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

Windows 10

Access Violation

Mac Game Troubleshooting

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

patskarma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by patskarma on Jul 21, 16 6:47 AM
Access Violation Code again! Upgrade to Windows 10. Sad part is that cannot play all the other Poe games that I bought. Can't play another developers games either. Sad, really sad. Went through the whole process with tech and no help anywhere.

Edited on 07/21/2016 at 6:47:33 AM PST

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by shian1 on Jul 21, 16 7:00 AM
This game plays really slow, only got as far as putting my name in, that took about 3 mins to show up in the box. So deleted the game. Win 7

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Jul 21, 16 7:12 AM
My problem is not a full screen. Using windows 7.

caliehs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

DownLoad answer

[Post New]by caliehs on Jul 21, 16 7:17 AM
Hey - if you go to the game manager app and use it to search your purchase history then you can DL from there and it works fine. Don't know why, another BF ghost in the machine...

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Jul 21, 16 8:10 AM
Thanks. Will try.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jul 21, 16 8:11 AM
Keeps crashing after lighting candle. Run time error, blah blah blah. Too bad, I love Dark Tales

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Jul 21, 16 8:26 AM
Keeps making me light the candle even though eventually got into the house. There are no X's on some of the cutaways to exit them and must alt/ctrl/del. Using W7-64 bit.

mikado1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by mikado1 on Jul 21, 16 8:56 AM
Same here, game crashes just after I have taken the photo????

sunnyxt0p
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyxt0p on Jul 21, 16 3:15 PM
Next time will pay more attention to the comments on the forum. Game was playing very smooth then crashed my pc as well. Windows 10.

dianna925
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,393 Posts

[Post New]by dianna925 on Jul 21, 16 4:53 PM
ANOTHER Poe game that won't open in Windows 10.

Go to: