moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Playing Tips

[Post New]by moonryu on Jul 21, 16 9:37 PM
I will update this as I come across other play tips.

1) The 1 up / 1 down options to play is the easiest by far to actually win. If you are intent on getting the stars achievement I would play this option game wise.

2) Use the boosts! Especially the free wild card one. You burn though them surprisingly fast.

3) If you are down to the last of the gold / item cards to click and there still cards left in other stacks, review the board -- if there are visible wild cards, it might be worth going for them if you have cards left in your stack to go through. Here the debate should be do I want to lose coins over potentially getting a wild card. Tough call, and sometimes I do it.

4) In the battle segments, which are match 3's match stuff at the bottom of the board if you can, cascades really do damage and when 'your character' only has 14 or so hits to the enemy 104 -- you don't have enough moves to defeat it sometimes. Fortunately you can re fight them.

5) Note you can't go back and replay a hand / segment that is done.

6) There is no way to know how many stars you have, so either keep track of them or don't worry about the 'Stars' achievement.

annebrady
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Playing Tips

[Post New]by annebrady on Jul 25, 16 6:09 AM
Hi Moonryu, did you actually get the 100 stars achievement? I just played through, for the third time (through many freezes/restarts etc) without using any "upgrades" the last time and still didn't achieve it. At first I thought you had to get 100 stars in total, and then after getting way more than that, I thought that maybe you have to get 3 stars 100 times and I am sure I did that too. And I couldn't get any more as I played the maximum amount of times. If you did get it, what did you do?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Playing Tips

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jul 31, 16 4:40 PM
Thank you for your tip on how to win the battle as I was going bonkers with constantly being told that I was defeated during the last 3 levels.

MEnr56

Go to: