bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 22, 16 12:29 AM
Eipix Entertainment presents an exciting new series in Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord!

What starts as an ordinary meeting with your uncle and his friend quickly takes a dark turn when a massive creature of unknown origin attacks! Delve into your family history to uncover a secret accord between the forces of good and evil. Can you stop the monster terrorizing the streets of London before it's too late, or will you be its next victim? Find out in this gripping hidden-object puzzle adventure!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 22, 16 11:39 AM
Does it bother anyone else that "vermilion" is misspelled both in the game title and this forum?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 22, 16 7:49 PM
I didn't even think twice about it and usually that kind of thing really irks me. There are several towns and counties in the U.S. named Vermillion and all of them are spelled with two L's. If you're thinking of the color, both spellings are considered acceptable, much like color and colour.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 23, 16 5:26 AM
I had to Google that just to see, as when I was growing up the two-l spelling was considered a misspelling. Apparently this is one of those cases where if it gets used enough it becomes acceptable, but the one-l spelling is still preferred ~70% of the time and most dictionaries still show the one-l version when referring to the color.

Enough about that - hopefully this is a cool game for HOG fans. I didn't play it so can't comment on that.

Edited on 07/23/2016 at 5:29:39 AM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 23, 16 7:28 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Enough about that - hopefully this is a cool game for HOG fans. I didn't play it so can't comment on that.

I played the CE and really enjoyed this game. Maybe I'm a Victorian at heart, but I loved the characters and atmosphere in this game.

Fun fact I learned while googling the same thing: Vermilion County, Illinois borders Vermillion County, Indiana. So, if you live in that Indiana county and the misspelling annoys you, you can just move a few miles away to Illinois' properly spelled county.

[Post New]by lvabigfish223 on Jul 25, 16 3:26 PM
does anyone know the correct code for the padlock?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 25, 16 6:08 PM
The one in the factory? You need to find the code watch to find that combination. Once you have the code watch, click it on the scene with the padlock, then notice the symbols on the watch.

When you click on each watch symbol, the hands move to a number. Click the symbols in the same order they are shown on the padlock and change each number on the padlock to match the number shown on the watch for that symbol.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Aug 1, 16 12:54 PM
game is cool and the spelling , really it is a fantasy, a game has nothing to do with real towns and world, just enjoy it the way it is . So it is spelled correctly for what it is "Vermillion"

[Post New]by sdtcal on Aug 19, 16 5:48 PM
I am totally stuck on the hop in the Emporium - once I figure it out I will get the pound key for the cash register. I am supposed to find "Africa", but for the life of me can't get it. I used the hint, and it takes me to an atlas and says that the southern hemisphere is missing.....somebody help please!

Edited on 08/19/2016 at 5:49:31 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 20, 16 4:32 PM
Welcome to the pond, Sdtcal!

That one is a little tricky. Half of Africa is in a drawer, and you can pick it up and look at it. But there is a book you have to drag it to. The trick is that you have to open the book you need to put it in, and leave it open, while you pick up the piece to place it in the book.

[Post New]by sdtcal on Aug 20, 16 9:34 PM
Thanks so much burf90! Got Africa! yay!! Now on with the game!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 21, 16 10:31 AM
You're welcome and happy gaming!

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Sep 27, 16 9:36 PM
burf90 wrote:
SynthpopAddict wrote:Enough about that - hopefully this is a cool game for HOG fans. I didn't play it so can't comment on that.

I played the CE and really enjoyed this game. Maybe I'm a Victorian at heart, but I loved the characters and atmosphere in this game.

Fun fact I learned while googling the same thing: Vermilion County, Illinois borders Vermillion County, Indiana. So, if you live in that Indiana county and the misspelling annoys you, you can just move a few miles away to Illinois' properly spelled county.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Sep 27, 16 9:38 PM
Wow i live in Indiana.Did not know that fact,,Funny,,

[Post New]by moshebud on Nov 15, 16 3:00 PM
I wish they had a walk through as I am stuck in the room with 4 locks. The 4 numbers are 2,4,7, and 8. What is the right order-thanks?

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 15, 16 3:26 PM
@moshebud

I think this is where you are-
Place the perforated prism in the projector and it will display on the wall-
4 next to a circle
7 next to a triangle
2next to a square
and 8 next to a pentagon
the cupboard with the lock on it has 4 places where you can enter numbers, and each has a shape next to it, so just match up the shape with the number as displayed on the wall.

You won't be able to open the lock if you haven't got the perforated prism and initiated the wall display.

For future reference, this website has most standard edition game walkthroughs on it, including this one, as I have checked.

Go to the top of the page and if a drop down menu comes down when you hover over community, then click on walkthroughs, otherwise click on community.

click at the bottom of the recent game walkthroughs box on the right, where there is a link that says see more walkthroughs
click on the letter that begins your game e.g. v for vermillion watch
look through the list for the game you want (it's at the top of the 3rd column)
Then you can just scroll through, or click on the chapter that you want to look on.

Go to: