bgirllui
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by bgirllui on Jul 23, 16 2:10 AM
Hi :-)

As you know, sometimes there are quests where you have to send the airship with just as few as e.g. 40 or 80 items but the airship requires many more anyway like 222 or something. Is there a way to reduce the number of the required items so that it matches the small number required in the quest?

 
c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jul 23, 16 4:24 AM
bgirllui wrote: Is there a way to reduce the number of the required items so that it matches the small number required in the quest?

No

 
playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jul 23, 16 6:45 AM
This is a big bone of contention for me personally when doing some of the DQ with repeat requests for sending the airship. Occasionally I have used up one of the components (unnecessarily) and have to decide whether to abandon that days quest or buy the shortfall with diamonds (quite expensive)

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 23, 16 8:57 AM
Lost Pages -- a 3-part DQ, requires you to send the Airship during the second part.

2. Three Dragons (1x), Airship (240x), Binding Egg (1x)


I had an airship in the dock......it would only be giving me 231 steering wheels....so I sent it empty......

When it returned....the number of steering wheels was 214.....so I sent it empty .... AGAIN.

When it returned the next time, it was going to give me credit for 256 steering wheels, so I sent it and fortunately still had time to finish the last part of the 3-part quest before GMT day rolled to the next one.

 
playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jul 23, 16 9:51 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Lost Pages -- a 3-part DQ, requires you to send the Airship during the second part.

2. Three Dragons (1x), Airship (240x), Binding Egg (1x)


I had an airship in the dock......it would only be giving me 231 steering wheels....so I sent it empty......

When it returned....the number of steering wheels was 214.....so I sent it empty .... AGAIN.

When it returned the next time, it was going to give me credit for 256 steering wheels, so I sent it and fortunately still had time to finish the last part of the 3-part quest before GMT day rolled to the next one.


One lives and learns!
Why didn't I think of that method??
Thanks for the tip

 
bgirllui
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by bgirllui on Jul 23, 16 2:06 PM
I always send an empty airship when my resources are scarce and immediately afterwards I check what the next load will be. When there are items which I have more in my inventory, I spend 4 diamonds to make the airship turn back at once and try to send it asap (when I worry about the escaping time).

 
jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

Re:Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by jack7242 on Jul 23, 16 3:37 PM
It would be nice if any extra wheels were put into inventory for occasions where 1 airship is not quite enough. Devs please take note!

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 23, 16 8:15 PM
jack7242 wrote:It would be nice if any extra wheels were put into inventory for occasions where 1 airship is not quite enough. Devs please take note!


Yes, indeed, it would be very nice......It is particularly annoying when you need 300 steering wheels and the airship sending is going to give you 296!!! ----Really?? You couldn't give me the other 4 as well????

It has been asked many times in many threads.....it has been put in the Suggestions to the Devs thread many times.....so far, our pleas have fallen on deaf ears.....but, there is always hope!!!!

 
bgirllui
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by bgirllui on Jul 24, 16 1:56 AM
As they're needed in relatively large numbes, I think airship items should be available not only in HOSs but also as rewards for parts of quests, completing daily quests, on the wheel of fortune (e.g. 5-10 items for a spin) or occasionally for collecting morphing objects too.

 
mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

Re:Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jul 24, 16 7:32 AM
I think, and have suggested on the "suggestions for the developers" that steering wheels that are not used should be collected and stored in our inventory. Now that we have Trina asking for them, too, it can become difficult to keep enough in inventory. And more people would play Trina's stuff if sending the airship as often as she requests it wasn't such a big deal.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

 
bgirllui
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Airship - any tricks?

[Post New]by bgirllui on Jul 25, 16 1:02 PM
mamarose1900 wrote:I think, and have suggested on the "suggestions for the developers" that steering wheels that are not used should be collected and stored in our inventory. Now that we have Trina asking for them, too, it can become difficult to keep enough in inventory. And more people would play Trina's stuff if sending the airship as often as she requests it wasn't such a big deal.

Have fun stormin' the castle!


Yes, you're absolutely right!

 
 
 
 
Go to: