bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 21, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Welcome to Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches forum

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 21, 10 3:56 AM
I bought this game on a CD over a year ago, but got horrible stuck quite early on! Thrilled to see BFG offer a walkthrough so hopefully I can progress now after a year of getting nowhere! Great graphics it has too....!
I buy tons of games from BF so hope they don't mind me using their walkthrough for this game:-)

hide3brain
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by hide3brain on Feb 21, 10 5:11 AM
I wanted to get a feel for the game with the trial. I don't expect to have most of the game available........However.......I should be able to do a few things. I found the firewood. The Cursor picked it up but wouldn't allow me to put it in invenyory. The phone messages (and other story parts) are slow. I don't want to spend 25% of the game time waiting for them to crawl by.
I think I'll wait for games from the people who made the Return to Ravenhearst.
Is there one coming out with VICTOR?
That would be great.

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Feb 21, 10 6:22 AM
hide3brain wrote:I wanted to get a feel for the game with the trial. I don't expect to have most of the game available........However.......I should be able to do a few things. I found the firewood. The Cursor picked it up but wouldn't allow me to put it in invenyory. The phone messages (and other story parts) are slow. I don't want to spend 25% of the game time waiting for them to crawl by.
I think I'll wait for games from the people who made the Return to Ravenhearst.
Is there one coming out with VICTOR?
That would be great.

This Thanksgiving(ish) will be the next MCF release.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Feb 21, 10 9:10 AM
"The Cursor picked it up but wouldn't allow me to put it in invenyory."

In the lengthy instructions it states that some items you will not be able to pick up until they are needed. In fact, it says to make a note of where they are located so you can return there. Hope this helps.

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Feb 21, 10 3:18 PM
I bought that game last year on CD and I loved it...I had to look into a walkthrough often, since the game is very difficult, but it's worth while... The graphics are beautiful, the story is interesting and macaber...

If you love adventure games, this one is a must !

[Post New]by maggie28 on Feb 22, 10 3:18 PM
Thank goodness for MCF!

Yeah ! Thanksgiving!

[Post New]by cindy2112 on Feb 22, 10 7:29 PM
Made it to chapter 2 when I put the crayons and paper in the inventory they disappear but are not there get a running script error see log? can not go any futher same thing happens with the brush cutter puzzel also I am using the walk through nothing is appearing in the inventory when it is picked up but disappears anybody had this problem

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 23, 10 3:18 AM
Hi Cindy

Please see the technical thread. The problem you are experiencing is due to a glitch in the saved games from the trial. If you start a new game from scratch, you will not have the problem of items disappearing and any future saves you create will be good.

Please ask customer services for help as they may have other options if you prefer not to have to start again - but this does work.

Karen

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Feb 23, 10 5:27 AM
For my part, I tried it for 39 minutes and did not like it. It felt I was going backward in games, having to go only where the game wants me to.

Sorry but it is a no for me..

bigfisherz
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bigfisherz on Feb 23, 10 8:03 AM
Please Help!
I bought the game and the walkthrough, thank goodness for that ;o)
Chapeter 2, I obtained the parchment paper and the crayons from her desk drawer, I heard them go into my inventory, but they are not there, nor are they in the drawer anymore.
Does this game have any known glitches ??
I attempted to go to the stone outside but I couldn't do anything without the parchment and the crayons to scratch the info off the stone.

I saved the game and re -loaded, but I am still missing those 2 things in inventory.
Any suggestions please?

Thanks
Rhonda

bigfisherz
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bigfisherz on Feb 23, 10 8:07 AM
cindy2112 wrote:Made it to chapter 2 when I put the crayons and paper in the inventory they disappear but are not there get a running script error see log? can not go any futher same thing happens with the brush cutter puzzel also I am using the walk through nothing is appearing in the inventory when it is picked up but disappears anybody had this problem

Hey Cindy,
I am in the same boat as you.
I posted a note to BFG, hopefully we don't have to start over, omg!

Please let me know what else you find out.
Thanks much,
Rhonda

[Post New]by QUEENSIM4 on Feb 23, 10 10:26 AM
what is the password for compter

[Post New]by zynfandel on Feb 23, 10 11:28 AM
I tried the demo through BF. I was disappointed that it did not let you leave the kitchen at all so you could not get the firewood to build the fire in the living room. How frustrating! The demo should have at least let you finish that multi-step task.

[Post New]by uaw1112 on Feb 23, 10 5:18 PM
I am stuck on the mp3 player. It won't let me scroll trough to Rhiannon....please help!!!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 23, 10 6:03 PM
QUEENSIM4 wrote:what is the password for compter

Hi

Have you found Rhiannon's secret diary? She mentions where it might be in her other diary by the birthday card.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 23, 10 6:06 PM
zynfandel wrote:I tried the demo through BF. I was disappointed that it did not let you leave the kitchen at all so you could not get the firewood to build the fire in the living room. How frustrating! The demo should have at least let you finish that multi-step task.

Hi Zynfandel

You would have been able to get the firewood by leaving the house via the front door where you originally came in. The demo allows you to get completely to the end of chapter 1 but it's a push to do everything in an hour I expect.

[Post New]by uaw1112 on Feb 24, 10 4:11 PM
found secret diary...still stuck on computer password...arrrr!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 25, 10 2:20 AM
uaw1112 wrote:found secret diary...still stuck on computer password...arrrr!

Hi uaw

It's on the first page of the secret diary

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Feb 25, 10 9:20 PM
I loved this game,curse of the four branches,wow,just fab, makes you think,but did get strategy guide ,only looked when I became wicked stuck, reading is a must in the game,lots of books and papers,but worth it, there are many clues by reading everything just about,thank you so much just loved it,,hope to find more of these games............wildvanillagirl

Go to: