Rhiannon, Livingroom

Mai21
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Rhiannon, Livingroom

[Post New]by Mai21 on Feb 21, 10 4:56 AM
how can I light the fire? Kindel and lighter I have but it wont light.

Re:Rhiannon, Livingroom

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 5:50 AM
Hi Mai

You'll need some firelighters from the pantry and some logs from the woodbarn outside. Then you must add them to the fire in the correct order. Let me know if you need any further help.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Feb 21, 10 5:58 AM
I'm stuck too! Where did you find the lighter?

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 6:03 AM
Hi Linda

The lighter is on top of the piano in the living room.

[Post New]by tv2spil on Feb 21, 10 6:44 AM
I'm having a problem with picking up the logs outside - can somebody tell me how to do ? - it wont "go up" in my inventory.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 6:56 AM
Hi Christina

I think you must have got past this bit (re your later post) but for those that may be stuck here - the logs can be picked up if you have listened to the answering machine message from Jen suggesting that you make a fire.

So that your inventory doesn't get too full and impossible to navigate, items that can be examined but not yet picked up are more than likely not relevant to your current task or it hasn't yet been suggested where you might make use of them. It is worth keeping a note of where you find things for future reference though.

Karen

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Feb 21, 10 7:04 AM
Thanks kazkaz. I've lit the fire now. It's snowy here in Manchester today so I've lit one in the my living room too. Really enjoying this game so going to buy it now and settle down for a lazy afternoon of game play!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 8:00 AM
Hi Linda

My daughter lives near Manchester and it's her birthday today. She was telling me about yet more snow this morning when I rang to wish her a happy birthday.

I would be grateful if you would do me a favour when you have downloaded the full game. Some players are finding a glitch when they carry on from the trial in that the objects they need don't go into inventory as they should. I suspect it has something to do with the actual process of downloading rather than a problem with the game itself. Could you let me know if you have any problems when you start the full game and then we can suggest how to help those that have experienced problems.

Thanks
Karen

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Feb 21, 10 8:16 AM
Hi Karen,
Yes I will report back on any glitches with the inventory. Just looked and it is only 40% downloaded after an hour so it may be some time before I get to play. Hope your daughter has a lovely birthday (and stays cosy and warm on this cold winter day!)

Linda

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 8:20 AM
Thanks Linda, I appreciate your help.

We're lucky to have sunshine today here in Wales
Karen

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Feb 21, 10 9:37 AM
Sorry folks, but i just don't like this game, it just doesnt float my boat at all ... too much cursur action, going round and round and no instructions, dissapointed cos, after the reviews i wanted to like it .. lol

Lou

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Feb 21, 10 10:46 AM
Hi Karen

I've now started playing the full game. I've been been to the boiler room and looked up at the rafter. I went back to get the ladder and picked it up to put it in my inventory. Unfortunately it has now disappeared. There are only about four other things in my inventory so it is not a problem with using the scroll arrows. I went back into the room where I saw the ladder to see if it was there but it was not. Don't know what to do now but I will continue to play for a bit longer and get on with other things.

Linda

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 11:01 AM
Hi Linda

Please see my next post (which I'm just about to add).

I think we've found the problem and a temporary solution until we can upload a new version of the preview which we will do asap.

Karen

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Feb 21, 10 11:17 AM
Hi Karen

Went back to previous save and tried to pick ladders up again. Same thing happened but noticed it said script runtime error view logfile for details in top right hand corner. Don't know if that's any help

Linda

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 11:31 AM
Hi All

To all of you who have downloaded the trial version of Rhiannon but are getting stuck when you try to use a save from the trial version to continue your quest - we are working on a better solution but for now, we are pretty certain that the problem is in the saves from the trial. If you start again with a new game, you shouldn't have the same problems with items not going into your inventory.

Please accept my apologies for this. Being a gamer myself, I know how frustrating it is to have to do part of a game over again, but this is the best solution until we can update Big Fish with a new version of the trial.

Karen

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 11:36 AM
Hi Linda

We've found the problem and it's in the trial. The full version seems to be ok so long as you don't use a saved game.

If you get chance to play from a 'new game' without using any saves, it should work fine but I'd be grateful for your feedback on this even though I realise it's a pain to have to start again.

Any saves you create from then on should be good.

Karen

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Feb 21, 10 3:47 PM
Hi Karen

I took your advice and started a new game. The ladders went into the inventory and I have had no further problems. It didn't take very long to get back to where I was before and I'm not unhappy about it. It's just one of those things. Have been playing most of the evening and really enjoying the game.

Thanks for all your help!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 4:25 PM
Hi Linda

Great news and glad you're enjoying it.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 21, 10 8:43 PM
I am in the livingroom I think I have done everything so far have kindling lighter read about the MP3 also listened to the music tried the piano looked at the book, Ofcourse using a walkthrough otherwise I get realy stumped. But for some reason I cannot get out of the door to the Dining room. But the game looks great, I originally come from outskirts of Edinburgh Cramond (now in Australia) but it does remind me of home and the farmyards. Hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Cheers
lineck

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 22, 10 5:01 AM
Hi lineck

Can you tell me what happens when you try to leave the living room? Is it that the cursor on the door has no effect or something else. I'm assuming the door you're having trouble with is the one on the same wall as the piano. Are you in the demo or the full game?

Karen

Go to: