Welcome from the creators of Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 5:46 AM
Hi All

I would like to introduce myself. I am Karen, one of the developers of Rhiannon. I am also an avid member of the Big Fish community as I love to play adventures - which is why I wanted to get involved in creating the sort of game that I love to play, and hope you will too.

As the story of Rhiannon unfolds, you will discover why young Rhiannon Sullivan has been subjected to terrible supernatural experiences. You will learn about other Rhiannons that have had the misfortune to stay at the farmhouse and about their deaths at the hands of the evil sorcerer Llwyd (pronounced 'Khloo-id'). It is your task to unravel the mysteries of the past so that you can stop the same thing happening to the Rhiannon that currently lives at Ty Pryderi, where you have been asked to house-sit.

Although the story is set in the present day, you will need to uncover information and artefacts spanning 1000 years, merging legend, magic and history with modernity and technology.

The game is a traditional point and click type. You are able to explore every nook and cranny of Ty Pryderi (the estate) and pick up many items to help you banish Llwyd. Getting around may seem a little tricky at first but that is so that you can see every corner and don't miss a thing - you will soon get the hang of it. There are so many items to collect that you would need to be pulling a cart behind you to carry them all at once, so instead, you only pick up those items that you already have a need for. It is well worth keeping a notebook handy to jot down where other items are located for future use.

At the start of the game, you are given some straightforward tasks to complete to get you familiar with the gameplay and layout but don't be put off by these simple chores as much more awaits you before you are able to free Rhiannon, and the spirits that Llwyd has trapped, before you witness a truly inspiring finale.

Rhiannon has been lovingly created by Arberth Studios. We are located in Wales in the UK and live amongst the wonderful Welsh legends that inspired Rhiannon. The Mabinogion - one of the most famous legends of these parts - is the basis of our story and we hope that by playing Rhiannon, you will become as enthralled by magical Welsh heritage as we are.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have - but please remember that we are in the UK time zone so there may be a little delay before I reply.

Enjoy Rhiannon!
Karen
Arberth Studios

zoonmiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Welcome from the creators of Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

[Post New]by zoonmiss on Feb 21, 10 6:05 AM
Thank you for leaving this note. I am downing loading Rhiannon now and knowing a little about it makes it special. Again thank you it is always great to know that someone cares about thier work. Vicki Drake

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 6:12 AM
Hi Vicki

Thank you for you kind comment. I do hope you enjoy playing Rhiannon as much as we enjoyed making it.

Karen

[Post New]by tv2spil on Feb 21, 10 6:32 AM
Just bought the game after my one our trial !

Looking forward to playing it to the end! Im allready stuck - but hopefully it wont take to long time before I find the code to the padlock

Christina from Denmark

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Feb 21, 10 6:39 AM
Hi Karen,

Thank you for coming to our forum and telling us about Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches. Have just completed the trial and I`m going to buy this now.

Hazel

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 6:44 AM
Hi Christina and Hazel

Thank you for your purchases!

Christina - there is a blog walkthrough if you need any help, but if you prefer a hint rather than the full answer when you're stuck, let me know and I'll give you a hint.

Karen

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by runewarden on Feb 21, 10 6:58 AM
Will be getting this game. I've had it on my amazon wish list for a very long time :-)

[Post New]by littlelambxx on Feb 21, 10 7:02 AM
Hi,
I have just purchased the full version of this game, but unfortunatley I am experiencing difficulties since chapter 2. Anything I pick up doesnt appear in the inventory? So it is impossible to continue the game

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 7:10 AM
Hi Littlelamb

That shouldn't be happening. Can you tell me what you've tried to pick up? Many of the items you find will only go into your inventory if you have a need for them at that time. So you'll be able to examine them more closely but then they go back to where you found them for the time being.

At the start of chapter 2, you will wake up in Rhiannon's room and you should be able to take the leaflet about the MP3 player that appears on Rhiannon's door as you try to leave the room. If you could let me know if this happened ok (or not) and also which other items you've tried unsuccessfully to take to inventory, I can perhaps help work out whether there is something wrong or if it's just a feature of the items you are trying to collect.

Thanks
Karen

[Post New]by penworth on Feb 21, 10 7:10 AM
Am having the same problem - items dissapear, don't go into invmetory!!

[Post New]by penworth on Feb 21, 10 7:11 AM
I took the ladder, crayons and paper - they all dissapeared.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 7:17 AM
Hi Penworth

Can I check with you - when you say the items disappeared, do you mean that they disappeared completely - ie they didn't go back to where you found them? The ladder for instance? Did it not go back against the wall because you haven't yet found where to use it? Re the crayons and paper - had you read the email suggesting that you take a rubbing of the standing stone before you tried to take them?

Meanwhile, I will download the trial followed by the full game and see if the same happens to me.

Don't worry, we'll sort this out for you.
Karen

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Feb 21, 10 7:19 AM
Thank you sooo much for sharing this with us Karen!

Wow, two adventure games in a week, I am just in adventure heaven!!!

This is one I have considered getting, but 30 bucks was not in the budget and then it disappears from the shelves quickly. Thank you BFG for bringing us some of the titles of adventures games that were on the shelves and have disappeared and then only $6.99 for an adventure game!!! Adventure games are my first love from way back and it is great to have another one!

Off to check this out, THANKS KAREN!!!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 7:19 AM
Hi again Penworth

I've just thought of another possibility. There are scroll bars left and right of your inventory at the top of the screen. If all the visible cells are full, it may mean that you have to scroll right to see the items you just collected.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks
Karen

[Post New]by littlelambxx on Feb 21, 10 7:27 AM
Hi Karen,
Yes start of chapter 2 I have read email then tried to take the tracing paper and the crayons but they do not appear in the inventory? Thanks for you quick answer and help
Lisa

[Post New]by littlelambxx on Feb 21, 10 7:33 AM
Karen, I have tried scrolling and the items definately arent there. Also when I have started chapter 2 again and picked the crayons and paper up a message pops up in top left corner...... script run time error. view log for details...... dont know if this will help?

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 7:50 AM
Hi Littlelamb

Penworth - this might be your problem too.

That's the sort of glitch that can happen if the download gets a slight electricity spike as you're downloading it. It messes with a little bit of the coding or misses a few bites of code that are vital for the game.

Are you able to re-download the game from Big Fish? I can be pretty sure that a 'clean' download won't give you the same problems.

If the same happens again, I think you need to contact the technical department to see if they can help - Rhiannon is a well tested product that hasn't shown this problem before so it may be something they can help with.

If I can do anything else to help, please let me know.

Karen

tabsy
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by tabsy on Feb 21, 10 8:23 AM
Hi Karen, I am having the same issues re losing inventory items (stepladder crayons and paper) they disappear fromm the scene and then don't appear in the inventory.
I'm enjoying the game BTW, but can't go any further now.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 8:31 AM
Hi tabsy

I've just replied to your other post before I saw this one. I will get back to you all when I've found out the likely cause of this. But meanwhile it might be worth re-downloading the game to see if this fixes it. If you do, please don't use any saves that you made after you started playing from the full version because those saves will reintroduce the glitch again.

I'm so sorry to everyone who is having this problem. I hope it won't spoil your eventual enjoyment of playing Rhiannon.
Karen

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Feb 21, 10 8:38 AM
Karen,
Thank you for the information about the game. Haven't taken a look yet, but I will certainly do that. My family is mostly Welsh, although I've never been there, so it's intriguing for me on that level. Maybe I'll learn something about my heritage! Great grandparents came from Wales.
Emily

Go to: