capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

to Everyone- Is This Game Intuitive? (Can You Play Without the Walkthrough?)

[Post New]by capipe on Feb 21, 10 10:46 AM
Is it pretty straightforward as far as knowing what to do next or do you have to rely too much on the walkthrough? It's not fun to me if I have to use the walkthough too much. THANKS!

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

Re:to Everyone- Is This Game Intuitive? (Can You Play Without the Walkthrough?)

[Post New]by mcquigan on Feb 21, 10 11:00 AM
So far I've not needed one. There is a notepad that lists your objectives.
In the trial I've been upstairs, into the study, and have collected several items, and built the fire.

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Feb 21, 10 11:07 AM
ok-thanks. some games make sense and i've tried others that don't. i love puzzle games- does this game have puzzles? questions..questions..

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Feb 21, 10 1:11 PM
I've played about 50 minutes of the demo, not sure how the demo ends or where, but so far I haven't used a walkthrough. The notebook on the bottom keeps track of the tasks, so you kinda know what to look for. I will probably use the walkthrough at Gameboomers for a nudge now and then if I buy this, and I probably will, it seems to be a good ol' ghost adventure.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 21, 10 8:48 PM
I find personally I Need to use a walkthrough as I miss too much, but I wait until I am realy stumped or after finishing an area then make sure nothing is missed. We do have a walkthrough here at BF. But maybe I am not the best to answer so should shut up as I am realy a bit hopless with Adventure but decided to get this one, as the developer made the time to communicate about it and there loooks to be plenty of help, so the next adventure might not be as scary. I have that many on the back burner for a real rainy day as such.

Cheers
lineck

scattycat
Flounder
Flounder
2,371 Posts

[Post New]by scattycat on Feb 22, 10 12:11 AM
Well maybe i'm not the brightest but when I played this game with my mum we did need to use a walkthrough several times.

homesong
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by homesong on Feb 26, 12 7:28 PM
i've played a LOT of adventure games, and I find this to be the hardest by far! I would totally lost if I didn't huse hints or a walkthrough, and I STILL have problems even then. It's a good game, but VERY hard.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Oct 5, 13 9:30 PM
I used the walk through a few times when I got tired of wandering around getting nowhere. It usually pointed me to a specific area that I hadn't explored well enough before. Now I have a sense of how to search and find that yes it is very intuitive. It is really important to read and listen to clues, not get hung up on doing every task written in the note book as soon as it appears (because some of them are long term and some of them won't be crossed off until you do a related task) and carefully look at areas from every angle. Some things cannot be found until you turn around and walk or look in another direction. A lot of items only go into your inventory once you have found 'instructions' such as the list of Mabinogion items. There is a memory aspect to the game, once you know you need a certain item, try to remember what room or area you saw it in!
I like the level of challenge and the more sophisticated puzzle solving aspects. It may also help that I am familiar with a lot of the background legends, homeopathy, the 'tree alphabet' etc. so that everything fits together to make this a very interesting story!

Go to: