I'm sorry I bought this game

[Post New]by tattooed_hellion on Oct 8, 08 10:33 AM
There isn't enough game play ... I finished this game in 1 day. I am so disappointed.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:I'm sorry I bought this game

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 8, 08 12:45 PM
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game. I look at it this way: if I get 2+ hours of enjoyable gameplay, I'm happy. A movie ticket would cost me more. And I can go back and play again at no cost.
...One thing about games, it's definitely "different strokes for different folks". It's great that BFG strives to provide a new game every day and that they give us all different types of games. We're bound to find a couple every month to enjoy.
...Happy Gaming

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Oct 10, 08 2:39 PM
anniesartistry wrote:
tattooed_hellion wrote:There isn't enough game play ... I finished this game in 1 day. I am so disappointed.

I totally agree. This game is a TOTAL DISAPOINTMENT!!! Cassandra's Journey: The Legacy of Nostradamus was the first "BigFish Game" I have ever bought, and I am throughly dissapointed. I got what I thought about 1/2 way through on the demo and it seem interesting, so I bought it. Come to find out I was 3/4 through and finished it within 30 min of my purchase. Well I tried it again and got through it again quickly. I was hoping that the "find" items would change, but only a few did. This game left me with a bad impression of the Big Fish Games. Hopefully I am wrong since I opted for the year long program. UGH!!!!

I think you just started out with a type game that's not your thing. Maybe you should try tycoon or sim type games, they offer more freedom and take longer to finish. So don't get discouraged, you propobly just didn't find the type of game you enjoy.

[Post New]by anniesartistry on Oct 12, 08 11:22 PM
I think you just started out with a type game that's not your thing. Maybe you should try tycoon or sim type games, they offer more freedom and take longer to finish. So don't get discouraged, you propobly just didn't find the type of game you enjoy.

I have since purchased the "Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst" and it is wonderful. Quite a bit more involved and challenging. Too bad there isn't a "rating system" of some sort for these games. I'd rate Cassandra as Beginner, where as I would rate Ravenherst as Advanced.

Oh well live & learn... glad I didn't spend more than 6.99 on it.

Edited on 10/12/2008 at 11:29:28 PM PST

[Post New]by macungiemike on Oct 13, 08 7:02 AM
The curser floats and this game moves so slow that I can't believe they put it out for resale.
Definely a PIA to play.

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Oct 13, 08 7:49 AM
I also was sorry I purchased this game. I am a big fan of hidden objects games. This one was a major disappointment. I found it to be extremely boring. I uninstalled it and just viewed it as a learning experience.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 13, 08 7:53 AM
I'm sorry you were disappointed in the game. I always play the free demo before I purchase a game. It allows me to find out if I have any technical issues with the game and I find out if it is a game that will engage me ... or bore me. If it doesn't engage me during the free demo, I don't buy the game. Hope you find a game more to your liking.

[Post New]by Lise2007 on Oct 13, 08 11:14 PM
anniesartistry wrote:
tattooed_hellion wrote:There isn't enough game play ... I finished this game in 1 day. I am so disappointed.

I totally agree. This game is a TOTAL DISAPOINTMENT!!! Cassandra's Journey: The Legacy of Nostradamus was the first "BigFish Game" I have ever bought, and I am throughly dissapointed. I got what I thought about 1/2 way through on the demo and it seem interesting, so I bought it. Come to find out I was 3/4 through and finished it within 30 min of my purchase. Well I tried it again and got through it again quickly. I was hoping that the "find" items would change, but only a few did. This game left me with a bad impression of the Big Fish Games. Hopefully I am wrong since I opted for the year long program. UGH!!!!

[Post New]by Lise2007 on Oct 13, 08 11:37 PM
Don't get a bad impression with Big Fish. As you mentioned Cassandra....... was your 1st game but not all game are disapointments. Stick with BFISH at least if you ever encounter any problems you will get the best of help. So far I bought 33 games from them, some I like and others not , at one point they gave me a coupon to get another game because I hated a certain game. Most of all if the game doesn't work well you are guaranteed to get it fixed. I dealt with another co. before and it was a real disapointment.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Oct 14, 08 12:39 AM
I couldn't even get this game to run right on my PC. Slow & choppy. I see other people on Gamezebo have had the same problem.
It says I need a DirectX of 7.0. I have a 10 on my new PC. Shouldn't that be gold then?

Go to: