Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

Vanishing ladder and... where's Rhiannon's darn bedroom?

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Feb 22, 10 4:56 AM
Now I have bought this game and, due to being a bit poorly have the grave misfortune of having to stay in bed all day playing

BUT I am so stuck that I am in danger of turning into a scary angry entity myself...

First off, I have been upstairs about twelve times and thought I had found Rhiannon's bedroom... until I checked UHS hints to see that I hadn't... so please, where is it? I am possibly (probably) being a moron, but can anyone give me directions...?

Second - a bit of a glitch re the ladder (and sorry if it's been mentioned before). I have picked it up, and it swished into the inventory only to disappear and be replaced with a nice "runtime error" message in the top lhs of the screen. I am popping back into the game and may rerun from my previous save if it still isn't around, but Karen, any advice on this?

Ok I am off to waste some more time aimlessly looking for R's bedroom

Re:Vanishing ladder and... where's Rhiannon's darn bedroom?

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 22, 10 5:13 AM
Hi Rachieroos

Sorry to hear you're poorly, I hope you're feeling better soon.

We have found a glitch and it is the one you are experiencing. The only way to proceed is to start the game again from a 'new game' and under no circumstances, use any of the saves you've already created. Once you start a new game, then all new saves will be fine.

I'm sorry to have to ask you to start again as I know how annoying this is, but unfortunately it's the only option to ensure that the items you try to pick up from chapter 2 onwards, will go into your inventory as they should.

Rhiannon's bedroom is next to the room with the microscope. Not the one with the graffiti on the walls - the one on the other side of the microscope room. You will find that it is the only room you can't get into straight away (in the full version) because there is a puzzle you have to complete.

To activate the puzzle, you must first have lit the fire and you must also have taken the note that Rhiannon has written to her Dad from inside the book 'The Legends of Pryderi' which can be found in the downstairs office (study) in the bookcase. Make sure you scroll through the book right to the end rather than closing it as soon as you get Rhiannon's note.

Have you found the key to the office where Rhiannon's note is? If not, check the fridge in the kitchen.

I hope that helps but let me know if you're still stuck.

Good luck
Karen

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Feb 22, 10 5:17 AM
Thank God you're here, Karen!

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind starting again, it took me about 2 hrs to get to where I am but will take about 10 minutes I expect now I am only repeating it

I know where to get the key, have read the book and got note and also lit the fire so should be a doddle second time round.

Cheers

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 22, 10 6:04 AM
Hi Rachieroos

Thanks for understanding.

I will be at my desk for a few hours (it's 2pm here) so i'll keep an eye out for your posts if you need any further help.

Karen

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Feb 22, 10 9:45 AM
The ladder has also vanished for me. I did start a new game after I installed the full version. I think I will start a new game from scratch because I forgot what I did in the early morning hours last night. This game is so good that I hate stop playing the game.

Go to: