Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 3: The New Menace Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 26, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/26/2016 at 6:41:23 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 3: The New Menace Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jul 26, 16 4:55 AM
Can't play this, nor any of the Elven Legends series. Screen shows background, but no details in order to play. Windows XP.

With so many games lately that I can't play, would someone please tell me if I were to upgrade to a new computer, what OS works best for BF games? Thanks!

Edited on 07/26/2016 at 4:57:00 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 3: The New Menace Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 26, 16 6:42 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jul 26, 16 6:46 AM
i can play the game but i dont see a reason why this game is a CE
[Removed by Moderator]
Cisca

Edited on 10/02/2016 at 9:53:38 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jul 26, 16 8:58 AM
ciscaR8 wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

If you're able to play the same game on another site, their Armadillo DRM is most-likely the culprit.

Edited on 10/02/2016 at 9:54:01 AM PST

[Post New]by Cindylovesgames on Jul 26, 16 9:42 AM
On level 16 there is a big black blob in the middle of my screen and you cannot see the path behind it. Frustrating! And I paid $13.99 for this game??

[Post New]by Shrimp_n_Grits on Jul 26, 16 9:54 AM
I also see just a big black blob on level 16.

[Post New]by Braidweaver on Jul 26, 16 10:10 AM
I am running Elven Legend 3: The New Menace Collector's Edition on OS X El Capitan, and every time I open the game I have to reset the options which I prefer. They do not persist when I exit the game.

jojo250
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 3: The New Menace Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jojo250 on Jul 26, 16 10:15 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Dell PC. I also see just a big black blob on level 16.

Edited on 07/26/2016 at 1:10:07 PM PST

[Post New]by gabuckeye on Jul 26, 16 11:02 AM
Level 16, black blob. Dell laptop, Windows 10

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Jul 26, 16 1:02 PM
I am on level 19, and I cannot restore 2 of the 4 griffin cages. I had already restored them, but they reverted back somehow...the other two did not, so I know it's not because there are multiple stages of restoration. It says I still need to restore them, and shows the resources I need to do so (which I have in abundance), but there is nowhere available to click in order to restore them (again). (Also, Aerin got stuck in the middle of restoring cage #2...but she unstuck herself once I asked her to restore cage #3...)
Running Windows 7. I had no problem with level 16, BTW.
If I cannot get past this level, the rest of the game is unavailable.

EDIT: I played the level again, and was careful to avoid the two cages that had glitches until the other two were finished. Somehow, it worked. If you number the cages #1-4 from left to right, I did 3, 2, 1, then 4. Maybe that helps...or maybe it's just a random glitch that worked itself out.

It happened again on level 40, but I replayed it and it worked. Both of those levels played frustratingly slowly compared to the rest.

Edited on 07/27/2016 at 1:25:36 AM PST

[Post New]by coolcostumed on Jul 26, 16 1:24 PM
Cindylovesgames wrote:On level 16 there is a big black blob in the middle of my screen and you cannot see the path behind it. Frustrating! And I paid $13.99 for this game??

I am also having the same issue. How can you finish a level if you can't see it? Now I'm stuck until a fix.... Developers should have these problems fixed before releasing the game!!!

[Post New]by gabuckeye on Jul 26, 16 1:45 PM
A little hope for the Level 16 black blob - it is actually possible to play the level blind and get thru it. It took me 3 times to figure out where the crystal and wood alters were, and it was horrible, but I managed 1 star just by groping around.

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Jul 26, 16 2:27 PM
My one hour trial was about 20 minutes long. Still with all the problems I'm reading about, this game is not that much fun to buy.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 26, 16 2:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that the game has been not working as expected for some of our players. It sounds like there are a few issues with level 16 having a grey blob obscuring the game field is the most common issue. Thank you all for taking the time to write in and describe what you are experiencing. When a technical issue like this occurs, the first thing we encourage is taking a look at our help articles. I've gone ahead and included one below that contains some great, versatile steps for a variety of situations and may assist with this particular issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are running this game on Windows 10, this help article could be helpful for troubleshooting this game:

Windows 10

Or, if you are having trouble with this game on a Mac computer, these steps can help resolve most technical issues encountered on a Mac:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If this issue continues or if you would like personalized assistance, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can provide customized support, gather information about emerging issues, and are always happy to help.

I'm also going to go ahead and provide the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams to follow up on. If we receive any additional information or have an update, we will be sure to provide that here as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgIlinalta

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 26, 16 2:49 PM
I'm having cursor issues; rather jerky and I often have to click on something 4 or 5 times to get it to take. Not overly thrilled with this one. Win 7 Pro-64.

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Jul 27, 16 3:59 AM
Big blob on level 16 same as everyone else. Windows 10. So multiple people with the same issue but we are all supposed to open individual reports? It couldn't be an issue with the game???

hope4peace
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by hope4peace on Jul 27, 16 7:57 AM
pita1234 wrote:Can't play this, nor any of the Elven Legends series. Screen shows background, but no details in order to play. Windows XP.

With so many games lately that I can't play, would someone please tell me if I were to upgrade to a new computer, what OS works best for BF games? Thanks!

I agree, Pita. I have a PC with vista and firefox and can not play any new games for a variety of errors or video cards or glitches. I would like to know exactly what systems are working with big fish games.

Oudespoor
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Oudespoor on Jul 27, 16 10:24 AM
Level 37, I cannot pick up the Blacksmith's Hammer, either before or after fixing the hole that it sits over on the pathway. Anybody else have this problem. Have tried collecting it first before getting the ore pieces as well as replayed tried to get it last, both times it won't let me pick it up.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jul 27, 16 10:46 AM
Same issue with blacksmiths hammer. It will not let me pick it up before or after getting ore. I have had no problems until this section of game. Using Windows 10 and drivers updated. BIG FISH please note and fix this issue with developers or I guess you will be giving out a lot of refunds.

Go to: