ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

About the game being too easy

[Post New]by ecblisa on Feb 22, 10 11:12 AM
I've played this game for a while now (untimed, so I can't comment on the timed version's difficulty), and I wanted to respond to a few comments I've seen that the game is too easy. It might be, if you play untimed, make lots of matches to power up the bonuses, and then use the big bonuses to wipe out lots of tiles at one time. Personally, I much prefer to clear boards without bonuses (I consider using a bonus a bit like an admission of defeat, although I will use the hammer to clear the pesky tile that just can't be matched no matter how hard you try). If you play that way, this game can be amazingly difficult once you get beyond the early levels. The small game board, combined with a devious way of dropping new tiles (they drop in a way that makes it difficult to predict what will come, so it's very hard to make "drop matches") soon starts to make clearing a board without major bonuses very difficult.

I know I'm not the only fishie here who likes to play Match-3 mostly without power-ups, so I thought it might be worth it to mention this.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

Re:About the game being too easy

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Feb 22, 10 11:16 AM
I agree, there are things that you can do that make the game harder, and I think giving that a try would only help ones gaming experience. The only reason why I didn't jump all over this one was because I like swap mode.

[Post New]by kate_games on Feb 22, 10 12:15 PM
Hi, everyone. I made most of the levels for Gulliver , so I wanted to respond to comments about it being too easy. It starts out easy so people who haven't tried M3 before will get a chance to learn. Don't worry! It gets harder as you go and has some fairly fiendish levels toward the end.

Thanks for playing the game!

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Feb 22, 10 12:51 PM
welcome Kate - thanks for coming by . It is a nice game! great to see a woman developer too!

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 22, 10 1:02 PM
Very rare that I won't time out on occasion on a M3 and this one doesn't look any different in that aspect. Based on one of my favourite books too, and it includes group matching which I love, I'm as happy as a clam with it

ETA to echo Cptduzer, love to see females in the game business.

Edited on 02/22/2010 at 1:03:36 PM PST

Go to: