HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

Stepladder

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Feb 22, 10 1:16 PM
Has anyone else had this to happen...........I clicked the stepladder the first time I saw it, and it went somewhere......gone. Not in the inventory, and now that I need it, it's no where to be found. I may have to go back to a previously saved location to correct this. According to the walkthrough, I shouldn't have been able to take it yet, but it sure went somewhere.

Re:Stepladder

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 22, 10 2:16 PM
Hi HighlandMax

I'm afraid you are experiencing the bug we've found since the trial was launched yesterday. It means that your saves from the trial are causing the problems with picking items up from chapter 2 onwards.

I've posted some more details in the technical thread here on this forum. The only way to proceed is to start the full version of Rhiannon from the beginning and under no circumstances use any save you created in the trial. I'm really sorry about this because it is a pain to have to start again.

One solution if you don't want to start a new game, is to email us at [email address removed by Moderator] and we will send you a saved game from the start of chapter 2.

It's 10pm here so it could be tomorrow morning before we can get back to you with the save unless you email us within the next half an hour or so.

Sorry again for the inconvenience

Karen
Arberth Studios

Edited on 02/22/2010 at 2:24:48 PM PST

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Feb 22, 10 3:11 PM
Thanks Karen, Right now, I went back to a saved location before taking the ladder. And have now made it to Chapter 2. I will let you know what happens.
You mentioned something about the problem stemming from saved locations in the trial game, I didn't save anything from the trial, unless you are talking about from the time I ended the trial, to the time I downloaded the full version. But let me just see what happens before we do anything.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 22, 10 3:40 PM
Hi HighlandMax

That kind of makes sense. The game doesn't automatically save when your trial ends so did you start from scratch when you got the full game? If you started the full game from scratch, did the ladder disappear after that or during the trial?

Hmmm... I know the game works if you start again because some players here have already got past where you are and others have actually finished the game.

I'd be grateful if you'd let me know how you get on anyway.

Thanks
Karen

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Feb 22, 10 4:04 PM
Karen, After starting chapter 2, when I clicked on the tracing paper and crayons, after reading the e-mail, they have now vanished. So, it looks as though I will have to go back and start all over again.
And to answer your question, after the full version download, the game did pick up where it had left off in the trial. I didn't play the entire trial before I bought the full version. I was inside the house, and was told I couldn't enter a certain area til after I got the full version, so, I stopped there. As for the ladder, it was after I bought the full version, when it went byebye.
I got your pm, but, since it won't take me too long, and it's only one chapter, I'll start from scratch.
Thanks for your help,
Max

Edited on 02/22/2010 at 4:12:57 PM PST

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 22, 10 4:20 PM
Hi HighlandMax

No there's no need to reinstall as far as I'm aware. Just starting again should do it. Make sure you check out the stepladder early on so you know it's working ok. It should go back where you found it unless you've seen where to use it.

The fact the game started from where you left off in the trial means that it will have picked up a save from the trial and that's why it's misbehaving now.

The full game saves will be fine. I've sent you a private message for where to get a save from the start of chapter 2 because I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to post email addresses here. But I still think you're better starting again so that you don't lose track of what you've already done in the game.

There will be a new version of the trial soon so hopefully future players won't have this problem

Best wishes
Karen

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Feb 22, 10 6:18 PM
Karen,
I started completely over from the very beginning. I am now in Rhiannon's bedroom, second chapter, and am about to e-mail the stone tracings.
Everything so far, to this point is working fine
Thanks for all your help......
Max

Go to: