ToscaShops
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Question about gifting

[Post New]by ToscaShops on Jul 26, 16 6:26 PM
Every once in a while I will receive a gift that is not something I have asked for and is not on the free gift list. It's usually something good, and I'd like to return the favor by giving similarly to my neighbors. But I can't figure out how to do it. If I locate something in my backpack that I want to give away, how can I do it without the recipient having already requested it?

cansrve
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Question about gifting

[Post New]by cansrve on Jul 26, 16 8:15 PM
Hi Tosca

If you go to the free gift to give box the tab to the far right "select an artifact" you can select an item from you BP to gift away. Select the item and then find the neighbour you wish to send it to. IF the send a gift box is opened in a minimized (not fully open) game window you can use the search to find the neighbour you wish to send the item to.

Some things to keep in mind however:

You can only gift BP items that already belong to you.
Dont give away all of a BP item as you will probably need atleast one of them (of most artifact pieces) for yourself at some point.
You can only gift BP items to others Before you gift the free gift item (unless it is something on their WL).
You can gift as many BP items away as you wish as they dont count against your 100 free gift items.

Hopefully that helps some

ToscaShops
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ToscaShops on Jul 27, 16 3:29 AM
Thank you! I see it now.

Ginjeet
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Ginjeet on Jul 29, 16 9:37 PM
Thanks for that explanation cansrve. I was just wondering ? that myself a couple days ago. Altho i had already gifted my free items and so didn't work when i tried to do that...now i know why ?

[Post New]by anita1229 on Jul 31, 16 5:50 PM
just a suggestion about gifting..as this took me a long time to figure out as a new player..I check in and gift my neighbors everyday but do not always have time to play everyday and thereby acquire gifts to acquire and/or share...The thorium ore and silicon flint are not easily acquired but free to gift. I personally greatly appreciate this gift when I receive it and sometimes mass send it as a gift when I am short on time...I don't know if this is appropriate game etiquette but I try..

Cyberfox277
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberfox277 on Aug 1, 16 10:40 AM
Well, Anita1229, that's one of the things all players don't agree

It's perfectly acceptable to people who don't have a wishlist, like me, but some players tend to be upset by it.

I don't mind even when I have a WL. Actually I tend to look at all the people who send me a flint or a ore in case they need something else, but not everybody is the same. So I guess it depends on the neighbour

jaid_diah
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by jaid_diah on Aug 1, 16 2:07 PM
I like flint and ore (free gold, yo!) and the dew for the Unicorn/Dryad/Tree = free gold + berries for the Hobbit Hut.

:-)

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Aug 3, 16 11:59 AM
jaid_diah wrote:I like flint and ore (free gold, yo!) and the dew for the Unicorn/Dryad/Tree = free gold + berries for the Hobbit Hut.:-)

You can get 10 Refreshing Dews and 10 Ruby Cowberries from the bottom left chest in the Runes Maze. And you can do it every 5 hours. I have over 8,000 dews and 9,000 cowberries because they add up so fast. I always appreciate Thorium Ore as it seldom drops normally.

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Aug 3, 16 1:06 PM
I'm one of those who prefers to get the items on my wish list. I gift that way as well. If someone doesn't have a wish list, then I figure they are not really in need of anything special, (except for my really new newbie neighbors) and I will gift them from time to time, if I have the time myself, or if I can think of anything good to send.

I don't really mind getting things that are not on my wish list, but when I am really in need of what is there, and get something else - especially when I need just ONE more - and I get something that isn't even on my list - it does make me a little gahgah. (lol)

That is why I gift from all my neighbors' lists. Hey neighbors, if you want something - put it on your list, okay? That way I will know and won't have to try to read any minds.

I also want to say that I have plenty of ore and grain and cowberries and flints at my level now (211), and I have lots of neighbors way over my level. So I don't just point blank send ore or flint or anything. If anyone needs these things, put on with list please!

I will also send backpack items that are being asked for on wish lists if I have them myself. I don't always have what is being asked for, but I figure that if they wait long enough, maybe I will. But then, too, maybe someone else will be able to get it for them before me. Either way, it works out.

Go to: