auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

I Just Don't Get It

[Post New]by auntann11 on Feb 22, 10 6:04 PM
13 minutes left on the demo and those two guys are still cleaning up debris.
One guy did a painting - don't know what it looks like - but it says he did it.
Can't continue until the other guy can get happy in the music studio. Can't find that, just a stage as it won't let me travel very far. They are still cleaning and repairing around the stage.

It could be worse. I guess watching someone clean is better than doing it myself?
So, how long does it take for paint to dry - lol.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:I Just Don't Get It

[Post New]by ajuma on Feb 26, 10 4:11 AM
I understand your frustration! When I first started to play, I had NO idea what to do or what was good to do or...I couldn't even find the beep beep dining hall!!!

I had nothing else to play one night and I decided to give it another go. I LOVE this game. It's got lots and LOTS of flaws, but it's fun anyway First, the music studio is to the right. You can just about see it off of the first map.

Dylan can paint to, so you can get him started painting right after Ben does his thing and then have BEN clear the way to the music studio.

Anyway, if you still want to play (or anyone else for that matter!) send me a message and I'll help you out. I've finished this game about 4 times...yeah it can get annoying, but I still love it!

[Post New]by nativedaughter on Mar 3, 10 1:09 AM
I don't get it either..I keep hoping the dancer/singers will get depressed and leave because so far they have contributed nothing. Sold at least 8 paintings, and photos, and almost that many sculptures and still don't get the game..its incredibly boring. Not sure how anyone can keep playing when for the most part all they do is wander around aimlessly unless you point them at something needing done.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Mar 3, 10 4:15 AM
Clear the debris to the right of the map, then you'll get to see the music studio and your artist can train there. The stage is simply for creating a masterpiece for musicians and dancers (whenever they feel inspired and haven't already created one at their current level). You'll never visually see the masterpieces, except in the message iteself. But they can be sold, once a customer comes over.

A tip: clear the debris whenever your artists aren't too occupied and thus open up the place area by area. Later on, you'll only have to keep the weed in check, the flowerpots and -beds in order and the benches repaired. Every artist can do the cleaning, provided they aren't too tired, too hungry or too unhappy. Let them rest in those areas with a big parasol to remove tiredness and make them feel better. Let them eat in the kitchen area to get them fed. Then they will do everything you make them do.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Mar 3, 10 7:26 AM
Actually, you can see the masterpieces! Look in the lower right hand corner and you'll see a circle with a painting in it. Click on that it it will have a bunch of tabs across the top. Each tab is for a different type of masterpiece. If you just see a bunch of $$$$ then click to go to the next page.

I don't worry about the weeds and flower and stuff at the beginning of the game. Only clear away the big junk. Try to have one artist either creating a masterpiece or training while the other one clean up. And yeah, those parasol places are a godsend!

Go to: