gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Group play for Scratches in progress.

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 15, 12 8:11 PM
nite harlequen - I hope we will all be congratulating each other tomorrow as Saturday our brains have to be ready for sleuthing

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 16, 12 3:10 AM
CONGRATULATIONS HARLEQUEN ON YOUR FINISH!!!

I only played for another half an hour or so after I posted and after ** trying to pick the lock of the desk with the wire - to no avail, i decided to revisit the places outside as there seemed to be nothing obvious in the house. I did find a tap in the greenhouse and now I had a crowbar, decided to try and move the valve in the cellar, which I did, only to find the shiny thing is now stuck somewhere elsewith a plant I can't move over it. I cut the leaves off with the secateurs, but still can't move it. Seems really difficult today to work out the logic and after doing all that it was still only 10a.m.!!! **

Thank you for the tips Gingergal - at least I can try some more things.

** I did write down the blocks letters and numbers when I visited the Nursery, but I haven't yet found the place to use the clue from them **

See you later

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 16, 12 4:51 AM
Thank You GMum, You need to ** go outside the Greenhouse where the three is to find the shining thing **

Good Luck

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 16, 12 8:38 AM
g'mum - I think you missed a post from me re wire *you use it in the crypt*

-* If you realise you need light inside the crypt, which I only did once I picked up a stone and you have to do something with it you'd never dream of doing in real life - look up in crypt! Stone falls so you have to find and do it again *

hint 2 - *Then I thought of the old mirror thing so was hunting for one it's in the main bedroom (not in the drawer which I thought was one ) but beneath the big mirror there is a swivel mirror. That was tricky as it took me a while to realise you need to use a screwdriver on it and I couldn't see any screws! Then you combine the wire with that (another 5 mins gone lol) and use it in the crypt on the candle at top of stairs.*

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 8:40:48 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 16, 12 2:23 PM
well I finished both main game and bonus. As this is the director's cut I assume the main game was released at one time on it's own? spoiler don't read unless you have finished the entire game and bonus *glad there was the extra chapter as I was lost at the end of the game and why was Jerry locked up was he supposed to have taken Michaels money? Also I thought the man down in cellar was either the doctor or James didn't think it was Robin as he would only have been 15 and he looked really old. I didn't like the ending as who would treat anyone and keep someone locked up throwing raw meat at them? And for the character Michael he didn't try and help or call the police? I know it's supposed to be a disturbing game but didn't like that side of it apart from the ending very good game.*

oh and now going back to read some of the old group thread I realised some people actually got descriptions on things in their inventory? I didn't and was right clicking and left clicking and even not clicking! Had some tech issues at end of access violation and just crashing but eventually could get into bonus chapter.

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 2:25:02 PM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 16, 12 3:15 PM
Grandmamum wrote:CONGRATULATIONS HARLEQUEN ON YOUR FINISH!!!

I only played for another half an hour or so after I posted and after ** trying to pick the lock of the desk with the wire - to no avail, i decided to revisit the places outside as there seemed to be nothing obvious in the house. I did find a tap in the greenhouse and now I had a crowbar, decided to try and move the valve in the cellar, which I did, only to find the shiny thing is now stuck somewhere elsewith a plant I can't move over it. I cut the leaves off with the secateurs, but still can't move it. Seems really difficult today to work out the logic and after doing all that it was still only 10a.m.!!! **

Thank you for the tips Gingergal - at least I can try some more things.

** I did write down the blocks letters and numbers when I visited the Nursery, but I haven't yet found the place to use the clue from them **

See you later

Gingergal
- your tips were the best and I didn't miss them - thank you so much. Now I am completely flummoxed. I have done everything I can in the ** Greenhouse, Crypt and Chapel and gone back to the house. My first thought was to call Jerry but it's engaged. **It's now 1 p.m. Monday. I went back and double checked everywhere and then went to not only UHS but the Walkthrough, because I just had no idea what was missing. Both said ** the next step was to call Jerry and one said I should call the bank because of something in the safe. I went to look in the safe thinking I had missed something, but all there is . is a contractor's estimate - nothing with a bank phone number on. I then decided to go right back through the walkthrough and UHS to see if I could find what I missed, but I just can't find anything. I have obviously missed a trigger somewhere, but I just can't find it - can anyone help or I will have to abandon. xxx **

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 3:29:14 PM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 16, 12 3:30 PM
Congrats Harlequen on finishing the game

Congrats gingergal on finishing the game

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 16, 12 3:34 PM
GMum...Try going to the front gate and looking in the mailbox. Did you find secret opening in the church?

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 16, 12 3:36 PM
HUGE CONGRATS ON YOUR FINISH GINGERGAL !!

Sorry, should have posted that before my woes. Well done and good luck with your sleuthing quest tomorrow. I will get there but don't know when - have to crack this first .

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 16, 12 3:41 PM
sunshinej wrote:GMum...Try going to the front gate and looking in the mailbox. Did you find secret opening in the church?

Thanks Sunshine I did the mailbox because in the walkthrough that was one of the next things to do,** but there's nothing in there. yes i got the slab off, put the nail Jesus 's feet and opened the room and read the two bits of information. I have the "odd branch" in my inventory. **

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 16, 12 3:51 PM
The only thing I can think of is that ** I wrote down the letters and numbers on the blocks the first time I went in the secret Nursery room and had already got Robin amd Brian in mind. So, when in the crypt, I saw R , I thought it would be Robin. i don't know if i clicked on all the blocks, when I was first in there.. As the password i worked out worked, I thought it was fine, but should I have gone back and clicked on something? till doesn't explain why there's no bank number in the safe. **

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 16, 12 3:59 PM
Congratulations Gingergal finishing

GMum, Did You call ** the Police Chief Phone # 0166565217 and the Bank Phone # 0191294144 ** try that

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 4:00:26 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 16, 12 5:13 PM
Thanks everyone

g'mum
sorry you are having trouble progressing and I don't know what it is but I noticed you said you couldn't get the * banks number from the safe - the letter in the safe the bid at the bottom in really small writing there isn't a phone number? Have you tried just putting in the number in the phone - 01912 94144 if you have already clicked on the letter and read it?

There are two calls you need to make
that one and also the one harlequen said - you need to find that information and click on it - it's in the attic where you got the rest of the newspapers when you click on it there is another article added to the list you have already read.

Also I take it you've found the maids letter but I don't think you can dig until the shadow is at the right spot which is later in the day.
[/color]*

If that's not it, do a list of what you have actually done in each bit or what you have in your inventory, we'll get you though it! It's annoying when it's like that as I was like that earlier with the candles!

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 16, 12 5:56 PM
Gingergal, I just read Your review of this game,and I love it, You are really good writing reviews, I have bought a couple of games because of Your reviews, Thank You

SPOILER: Do not read if You are not finish with the game!

Gingergal, You are right about ** the ending, it's really disturbing, I was glad for the bonus, because I didn't understand it well, the guy coming against You looks more like an African Man, I though: not only did He steal a Mask but also one of the tribes men, and I found it very sad, but when I found out that it was Robin, that was so sad, what kind of life is that, to be locked up and feed raw meat through the window, but maybe the Father knew that He was dangerous and was afraid of Him, as You said, very disturbing **

Anyway got the Clock tonight and have been busy wrapping it and writing cards. Maybe I had to pay a little more for the Clock, but I was really lucky with the Dress, after spending 2 hour in Macy's and couldn't find anything, I strolled out in the Mall and went to ArdenB, of course I went straight to the end where the clearance rack is, and there it was, an Elegant silver cocktail dress in XS, fitted Me to an T, and it was market down from $99.99 to $29.99

GMum, don't worry, We will guide You if You have troubles, and don't try to rush We are patient, and it's probably just one little thing missing that will let You continue

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 17, 12 5:36 AM
Gingergal, Harlequen and Sunshine - Thank you so much. I've been in this morning and all has become clear. ** 1) I didn't realise the bank number was on the quote letter, so that was easily sorted. 2) I couldn't understand why I couldn't call Jerry to get the trigger for looking at the 3rd newspaper and therefore getting the policeman's number - I knew I wouldn't be able to phone him if I hadn't looked at the paper and I thought Jerry hadn't yet told me about it. That's where I really made the mistake. I must have phoned him much earlier and got the date clue for Blackwood's death, but stupidly hadn't followed it up by looking at the paper. So, having done that I've now made the call to the policeman, found the maid's letter translation and the eviction notice and found the photo hidden under the floorboard. It's 3 o'clock now and I think i've an idea what to do next, but we'll see how it goes. **

It just shows you how triggers matter so much in these games and if you miss one seemingly small thing, it can completely stump you.

Thanks again, all - hopefully I can get to the end now and be able to join you with ND tomorrow.

Harlequen
, hope the wedding goes well - Wow what a bargain you got on that dress. Have a great time.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 17, 12 9:09 AM
harlequen - thanks I just love 'gabbing' about games and love discussions on them re ending *yes it was so sad to think of the son being locked up that way as even if he was dangerous couldn't they give him cooked meals, nice toys and a bed! I just was really disturbed at that aspect - so sad*

Your dress sounds lovely - xs? grrr jealous Hope you have a good time tomorrow

g'mum
- Glad you got ahead, there isn't that much to do till end of game so you are quite near and the bonus chapter isn't long and 'contained' area. hint about saving *save just before or just after you do something in the sitting room (new thing) at about 6pm as when I was trying to load the bonus chapter it kept crashing or skipping the dialogue and annoyingly you can't save your game at the end of the game before the bonus.*

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 9:16:57 AM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 17, 12 11:34 AM
Gingergal, did You read the post on page 31 from the developer

SPOILER: do not read if You haven't finish the game:

- The body in the crypt is James Blackwood. In the second teaser of the game, released shortly before the full demo, we take the role of a mysterious character carrying a body. That was Milton taking the recently deceased Blackwood to his final resting place.

- The body in the garden is, effectively, Catherine Blackwood.

- The man who appears in The Final Visit chapter is indeed Milton, who returns after many years regretting his actions.

and also:

In truth, Milton took care of Robin for several years until he couldn't take it no more and left. Then he made "arrangements" to have food delivered to the captive (hint inside the trunk in the attic). After some time, now close to his death, Milton came back to make amends with Robin and the reporter was there to see everything.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 17, 12 12:35 PM
GMum...Glad you got everything sorted out.

Harlequen...Enjoy the wedding. The dress was quite the bargain.

I'm stuck at 3 pm, it's nice to know I can play a game and not remember 9 months later how things go. It will come in handy when I want to replay some of my games.

I know what i'm supposed to do at 4pm, but what do I do to make the clock go 1 hour. Also, where are the cables located for the battery recharge.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 17, 12 12:41 PM
Sunshinej, ** Check the Mail Box ** and for ** charging the Battery, Check the Bicycle in the Garage **

Good Luck

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 17, 12 12:56 PM
Sunshinej, I forgot to tell You to ** Click on the devise on top of the rear wheel on the Bike, that's how You got the Cables **

Go to: