Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by TeasyEasy on Jun 12, 17 12:00 PM
Hello,

my Kindle fire crashed today while playing MC. Since then MC does not start - when I click the button it just flickers and shuts down immediately.

I am Level 76 and don't know my ID

My game name is the same name as forum name.

Is there any help?

Greetings from Germany

TeasyEasy

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 12, 17 12:26 PM
Hello TeasyEasy,

I'm sorry to hear that after that crash that Midnight Castle is not starting up and instead flickers the screen and shuts back down. We definitely want players to be able to enjoy the game and I wanted to swim by with some suggested steps as well as how to reach our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

The first thing I recommend is seeing if the following steps for Android devices seeing an issue with the game crashing can help resolve this issue quickly:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

If those steps don't seem to help, then I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with the type and model of device seeing the issue as well as what operating system it is using. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to assist with the tools they have available.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was able to help. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Jun 12, 17 12:38 PM
I can't open Midnight Castle, keep getting message: Unfortunately, Midnight Castle: A Hidden Object Mystery Game has stopped.

Edited on 06/12/2017 at 12:39:58 PM PST

[Post New]by TeasyEasy on Jun 12, 17 12:39 PM
Thank you very much, I was able to fix it by deleting the Data from my Kindle. I am so relieved! First thing I did now was scribing down my ID.

Greetings from Germany,

Teasyeasy

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 12, 17 4:40 PM
Hello TeasyEasy and granny754,

Thank you both for taking the time to post and follow up here about those issues. I just wanted to swim by real fast to help out with the crashing issue being seen as well as how to contact our Support Team if more assistance is needed.

granny754, before I continue, thank you for contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team about that message that comes up when trying to play. I'm sorry the game seems to be crashing or not starting up as expected and hope our Reps are able to assist further with that. Our Reps may request additional information or provide some steps to try. Definitely keep in touch with them if the issue continues or if those steps don't seem to help, and they will be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

TeasyEasy, thank you for taking the time to let me know that clearing the Kindle's data was able to assist with getting the game to continue playing as expected. It's a great idea to have your in-game Friend Code on hand, just in case you need to contact our Support Team for assistance with that progress. Happy gaming!

For players that are experiencing trouble with the game and would like additional assistance, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code (if available to retrieve), the model and type of device seeing the issue, as well as what operating system it runs. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you both again for your time as well as for your patience. All of the active Moderators are happy to listen and help out as best we can, so don't hesitate to send us any questions you may have via PM.

bfgIlinalta

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Jun 12, 17 5:59 PM
Well, thank goodness it's not just me. I had to uninstall and reinstall my game but I don't like doing that and it was not a permanent fix. The next time I went in, again, MC would not load on my Kindle and my Samsung phone gives me the same message of game has stopped. I hope they fix this problem soon. I have limited game time right now.

Janet

jdmorgan/ Jannie / jd

SilverFox47
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by SilverFox47 on Jun 12, 17 7:04 PM
I am having the same problem with game not opening on my Nexus 7 tablet and Motorola Droid phone. I have sent an email to support after trying suggested fixes with no results.

SteveDi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SteveDi on Jun 12, 17 7:12 PM
I'm having the same problem. MC will not open on either of my kindles since earlier today.

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Jun 12, 17 11:33 PM
SteveDi wrote:I'm having the same problem. MC will not open on either of my kindles since earlier today.

Is this a big fish issue???

I have 3 kindles, 2 of which I closed down last night and the 3rd I forgot to close down.

The 2 that I closed down will not load. The 3rd is playing normally and scared now to close down and save.

Unfortunately i don't have the id of the 2 I closed out as they are new games.

[Post New]by Thamilt on Jun 13, 17 3:29 AM
My kindle also will not open since last night. My number is a555511. Name thamilt. Please help.

[Post New]by SheilaLee5 on Jun 13, 17 6:09 AM
Having the same issues on my Kindle. Tried tech support suggestions to force close and clear cache. Did not work. Hope they figure it out sooner than later.

zingr8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by zingr8 on Jun 13, 17 6:25 AM
Hi everyone,
I also play on kindle . I used mayday ( the support people from kindle ) we went through all t that was suggested to do ,clearing hard restarts etc. None of this has helped. When I tap on the game to open it flickers and goes right back to my kindle home screen. After spending almost two hours with kindle support I at least know it's not an issue with my kindle. During the spring event I lost all my progress coins,diamonds etc. I was back to level 1! While I am still working with the support team to get some t things back ( my level is back to 76 as are my diamonds and coins ), that I need to make a list for...... now this happens.
I agree the issue with the Android platform needs to be resolved. I will not start over again ( for the 4th time). I will look for another game to play. Please fix these issues for us.

I play as Tra

[Post New]by Ghotimonger on Jun 13, 17 7:31 AM
I'm also having the issue of trying to open and going back to the recent screen. Reported to tech support. A703975. Kindle fire.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 13, 17 8:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what is occurring when trying to launch and play their game. We definitely want to help get things up and running for players. Thank you to the players that have already reached out to the Midnight Castle Support Team. If you find that the Midnight Castle Help pages don't help resolve the technical issues present, please reach out to the Support Team. Please provide your player ID if able, along with the specific make, model, and serial number of your device. This information will help aid in the investigation of these issues as the Support Team has the tools to provide this pertinent information to the appropriate Midnight Castle teams.

We thank you for your patience and understanding as the forums aren't equipped with the tools to provide further troubleshooting for these issues. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Jun 13, 17 9:30 AM
I have yet to figure out how to contact customer service. I repeatedly get to a screen of articles. As hard as the old system was, I could at least figure out how to begin.

zingr8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by zingr8 on Jun 13, 17 11:39 AM
BAPPLE,

Click on the link that was provided in the above post. Once that opens on the left side of the screen you should see a box that says contact customer support, or something very similar to that. A form will open up, fill that out and hopefully you will hear from someone sooner rather than later.

I hope this helps.
Tra

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Jun 13, 17 1:50 PM
In order to proceed, he needs to establish an account. Our email address is attached to my account. Can there only be one account per email address? I thought a different password would take to a new account? Any ideas?

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jun 13, 17 2:22 PM
Please try & get this problem sorted out, so many of us Android players are unable to get into the game, I would love to think this is because you are working on a fix for the long standing crashing/ game loss issues but I think that this is a case of the server finally not being able to cope with the amount of players.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 13, 17 2:42 PM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and help address the recent posts in this thread.

I'm sorry to hear that there continues to be trouble reaching out to the Midnight Castle Support Team, BAPPLE. If you are unable to reach out to them with the link provided in my previous post, you can also contact them HERE. For clarification, if you had previously reached out to the Support Team from an email address that is associated with the friend code on the Midnight Castle game, it is best to place that certain email address in the designated field. Keep in mind that while this is recommended as this helps the representative pull up any information from past tickets, it isn't mandatory. As long as the required fields are filled out, a representative will be with you shortly. Please reply to every email received if you find that your issue hasn't been resolved. This will let the representative know that further assistance is needed as well as keep your place in line.

In regards to a number of Android players not being able to get into their Midnight Castle game, the teams are actively investigating this issue. If you are experiencing this issue and would like to aid in the investigation, please reach out to the Midnight Castle Support Team with your device details such as model and operating system. If you are able to obtain the game version from the App store page, that would be helpful as well. The Support Team has the means to further assist. Once the Moderation Team is aware of any information regarding this issue, we will post in the forums to ensure that all the players are informed.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Jun 13, 17 3:23 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and help address the recent posts in this thread.

I'm sorry to hear that there continues to be trouble reaching out to the <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002265927">Midnight Castle Support Team</a>, BAPPLE. If you are unable to reach out to them with the link provided in my previous post, you can also contact them <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002265927">HERE</a>. For clarification, if you had previously reached out to the Support Team from an email address that is associated with the friend code on the Midnight Castle game, it is best to place that certain email address in the designated field. Keep in mind that while this is recommended as this helps the representative pull up any information from past tickets, it isn't mandatory. As long as the required fields are filled out, a representative will be with you shortly. Please reply to every email received if you find that your issue hasn't been resolved. This will let the representative know that further assistance is needed as well as keep your place in line.

In regards to a number of Android players not being able to get into their Midnight Castle game, the teams are actively investigating this issue. If you are experiencing this issue and would like to aid in the investigation, please reach out to the <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002265927">Midnight Castle Support Team</a> with your device details such as model and operating system. If you are able to obtain the game version from the App store page, that would be helpful as well. The Support Team has the means to further assist. Once the Moderation Team is aware of any information regarding this issue, we will post in the forums to ensure that all the players are informed.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">Active Moderators</a>. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Thank you for the info about I'd and email address. Still getting stuck getting to customer support. When I try the highlighted support links I go to a page with articles. Even on the website is the oops this site is no longer available. I don't know what else to try. I

Go to: