Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by crshoh on Feb 15, 11 2:59 AM
great game. I think this is more puzzle game then hidden object though. there really wasn't that much to find. I spent more time learning the rules to the games then I did searching for things. overall a good game and I will play the next one.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Feb 23, 11 7:59 PM
Just finished the demo...All I can say is WOW
I love it and bought it.... I just want to know who is going to do my housework with all these wonderful games you are offering and of course I'm buying. The graphics are so awesome...I wish many games were like this.

Aracnix
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Aracnix on Feb 28, 11 7:36 PM
The artwork of this game inspired me to try to get a job here! I want to be this good at creating images to entice and to engage an audience! More than that, I'm inspired to become that good, and the rediscovery of my love of digital painting was worth far more than the price of the game. I had fun at every moment of this game - even when I had to run through the tower multiple times - because each area of the game was so lovely.

Aracnix
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Aracnix on Feb 28, 11 7:37 PM
BigCatMama wrote:I loved this game! The graphics are gorgeous, the story is captivating, and the wide variety of things to do kept my interest throughout.

I did have several issues, though. I couldn't find any objectives for the puzzles. Most of them were obvious, but several sent me back to the WT. Some kind of guidance would have been nice here.

Also, the hint system doesn't relate to your location in the game. On quite a few occasions I completed the first steps of a multi-step process, but couldn't figure out the last step. The hint system took me back to the first step, It was faster to exit the game and consult the WT than to wait for Franklin to recharge twice.

Hint for replayers: If you don't change your profile the second time you play, the game starts you out on the rooftop at the end of the game.

All that aside, I'm not sorry I spent the money for this game, and I will play it many times again. Except for the issues noted above, this game is a winner!

I, too, found that the hint system was a bit confusing at times. It was not contextual to inventory, either. For instance, I had found objects required for the game, but was not sure what to do with them (this was in the witch doctor's hut). The hint system never told me, but gave me two hints on how to find the thing I'd already found.

Thanks for the heads up about the profile change!

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 7:40:56 PM PST

[Post New]by smcdee on Mar 3, 11 4:11 PM

Superb!!

[Post New]by lmarshall875 on Apr 12, 11 7:10 PM
Just finished Drawn: Painted Tower. What a beautiful game!! Really love the voice-overs which usually I can't stand to listen to. The music was peaceful but still had the option to play without it on. I am an iHOG fan so this just being adventure was a really fun step..

Can't say enough about the puzzles. Some were so much fun! And I usually always just skip puzzles but these were enjoyable enough to figure out without having to go insane!

As far as tech difficulties, had a few blackouts but nothing major and the game saved right where it went out at. Not too shabby.

Loved it !!! Can't wait to try the sequel.

[Post New]by 355ual on May 7, 11 3:22 PM
I cannot make the chalk work to complete the clouds. It must says I have chalk on my fingers. When I draw on the clouds it just goes back to the original unfinished dzrawing. I am using an apple iPad. Can anyone help please.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jun 3, 11 11:26 AM
I played the trial of this game and Drawn 2. I took advantage of the sale and bought both. I am loving it. The mood music is great and the art is fantastic.

[Post New]by DaddysGirl8 on Jun 3, 11 11:34 AM
This is like one of my favorite games. Whoever developed this game I can tell took time in what they were doing. The graphics alone are breathtaking

PTSuusje
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by PTSuusje on Jun 4, 11 6:22 AM
artwork is nice but the loading of scenes so often is a nuisance. also don't like that you can't skip or hurry on the conversations. takes ages to start or stop too, loads of scenes to sit through before you can get away, although they are pretty the first time round. good puzzles, just the right amount of help to work things out yourself. halfway through demo, might buy it, we'll see.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jun 12, 11 5:25 PM
I have to say that the only thing I don't like about Dwarn is you cannot go back and wander through the scenes once the game is over.

I would love to gaze at the artwork some more. There are several games like this including Drawn 2, and the Syberia games. Once you finish the credits roll and you can't go back.

I suppose the only thing to do is to start the game over and stop at the endgame. That's a bummer.

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 5:27:04 PM PST

DrDonnaD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by DrDonnaD on Jun 14, 11 7:44 AM
Love the game but hate the annoying technical problems. Am playing on an iPad. Game constantly freezes up. Currently have a frozen screen near the of the game. Cannot get it going. It should not be sold for iPad if it is not compatible. Don't buy for iPad. Otherwise a great game.

Bufffan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Bufffan on Jul 19, 11 9:35 AM
One of the best, most beautiful, well-made games I have played. Simply enchanting, a real treat. Great story, gorgeous artwork, great atmosphere, challenging puzzles, all so well tied together, it just had it all. My impression is that great care was taken in making this game. It was wonderful to just immerse yourself in it, I did not want it to ever end! I wish there were more games like this one. I am sorry to read some people had technical issues with the game; I experienced none. For me, this game amply deserves . Thank you BF!

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 9:40:43 AM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 20, 11 4:41 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 4:45:43 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jul 21, 11 1:57 PM
I bought this game last year and just finished playing it for the 2nd time and it's still a superb game. There have been so many wonderful comments made, so I won't repeat, but just say a ditto. I just recently received my anniversary Felix and BFG is my first venture into gaming.

I'm becoming familiar with some of the names in the pond and I noted Margie B in the game credits. Such a great talent. Now I'm going to re-play Dark Flight!!

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Aug 6, 11 2:58 PM
This is the loveliest game I've ever played. I'm going to savor it for quite some time before I start Dark Flight.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 21, 11 6:56 PM
I found this to be beautiful and engaging, but I was pretty let down by the demo. This is one of those games where the demo has a specific stopping point, rather than guaranteeing you a full hour of play. I reached the end of the demo with 32 minutes of free play left! Outside of feeling vaguely cheated by the demo, though, it seems like a truly wonderful game.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 15, 11 9:31 PM
Absolutely delightful game, really enjoyed it - loved the 'Tim Burton' feel of the graphics.

The only negative was the hint system, quite obtuse at times & the lack of explanation on what to do in some puzzles.

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Oct 27, 11 9:13 AM
I absolutely love this game. The artwork is beautiful and the music is haunting. I loved the feel of this game - it was like being immersed in the world of Drawn.

And I love the fact that there are no pathetic hidden object scenes - I really hate those.

This whole series, along with Syberia 1 and 2, are my favourite ever games.

More like this please.

BluesyBlue
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by BluesyBlue on Dec 1, 11 1:16 AM
I say, like in a dream.

Me and my wife are great fans of Adventure games and we always play them together. Here's what we thought about this one...

I give you... the Good and the Bad and the Conclusion:

+ Magical visuals, something different for a change
+ The Narrator
+ Overall, music works well with the game
+ Challenging puzzles
+ Family friendly

- Sparkles here, sparkles there, sparkles everywhere
- Lack of... thrill.

THE CONCLUSION:
Alright now, there's probably some folks who just adore this game with all of it's aspects, but unfortunately, it just wasn't THAT perfect for us. Let's go into details, shall we?

It was refreshing to have these beautifully drawn visuals for a change. We mostly play the HOG Adventure games and they tend to often have quite similar visuals. We both are like big kids, we love cartoons, children stories and being all around goofy. So we loved the whole kiddie feel in it.

The narrator of the game - a character in the game - makes the game so much more believable and immersive. It sets that mystic tone to the whole journey. Makes it deeper. The whole core idea of using drawings for the whole look and for interacting was a great and unique idea.

The puzzles are surprisingly challenging! In a good way. The story... well it's sorta straightforward and ends quite abruptly, even though the journey is full of lovable details and characters. I was aware of the fact that this is only the first part of Drawn and that the story will go on, but my wife wasn't. She hated the way the story was cut in the end, like she usually hates that sorta endings. I'm not that bothered by it, since I knew that there's gonna be more and had my mind set to that.

(to be continued...)

Edited on 12/01/2011 at 3:49:40 AM PST

Go to: