Wow - Addicting Game!

Anam_Craite
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Wow - Addicting Game!

[Post New]by Anam_Craite on Feb 23, 10 6:17 AM
I have to admit, these games aren't usually my cup of tea but being today's daily deal there certainly was no harm in giving it try.

I so glad I did! I played the full hour and found it a lot of fun. The level designs are great, lots of power-ups and overall this game was very well done. I feel it's well worth $6.99 and is a steal at $2.99! I can see this game being problematic in that it's hard to stop playing when you know you have other things that need to get done, like now....geez, I gotta get to work!!!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Wow - Addicting Game!

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 23, 10 9:15 AM
Yep, it reminds me of Richochet Extreme,but much more Eye Candy.Love the deep sea and fish background. I'm grabbing this Daily Deal!!!!! Thank You BF.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 23, 10 9:21 AM
It's a 3-D brick-breaking game like Boom Voyage, yes?

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 23, 10 9:25 AM
Yes it is. Had to check,though because I never heard of Boom Voyage. That looks really nice too.

Edited on 02/23/2010 at 10:05:28 AM PST

_DD_
Catfish
Catfish
1,689 Posts

Wow - Addicting Game!

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 23, 10 11:15 AM
Anam_Craite wrote:I have to admit, these games aren't usually my cup of tea but being today's daily deal there certainly was no harm in giving it try.
I so glad I did!
Thanks for the review and hint, Anam_Craite! same here, I didn't even want to try it, looking at the Action&Arcade-category, but - wow - am impressed, how much fun it is! With the possibility to play in easy mode (one day maybe normal or hard? lol) and the power-ups, it felt for once as if one could really control the ball. Hey, I managed to reach stage 2 already, and it is really a "oh, just one more level"-game!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,407 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Feb 23, 10 11:27 AM
This is a fun breaker game. If you've been playing breaker games for years, maybe this won't be any big news, but for me, I only have 3 others and this one is a nice addition to the collection.
Some real pluses: very thorough help section, 3 difficulty levels to choose from, nice colors, and adjustable paddle speed.
The 3D effect to me, made the game play like pinball meaning you're shooting across the sea floor, with a boundary of beautiful rocks. Some breaker games appear top/down, whereas this seems to me to be a flat surface with multi-storied obstacles.
Gamezebo's review said the game was fast and very busy - boy were they right! Although I haven't lost all my lives yet, their review said that if you loose them all, you only loose your points but you do get to continue forward with the game. Nice.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 23, 10 11:58 AM
kdubs, for the sake of curiosity, what are the other three games that you have?

Also, for anyone who has played both this and Boom Voyage (Egypt-theme instead of underwater), which do you like more? I thought Boom Voyage was okay, kind of fun, but won't be able to test this until tonight... if then.

Opinions?

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 23, 10 1:45 PM
Yeah after genkicoll asked if this was a 3-D brick buster like Boom Voyage,I had to go see and it looks like another one I might have to get,but don't have time to Demo it right now. It's scenes are from ancient Egypt to the Old West!

[Post New]by GeorgeXXIII on Feb 23, 10 1:57 PM
Wow indeed! What a great fun game. I played the demo for 35 minutes (1 game) and i've bought it. Well worth the daily deal $2.99 price and it fills up my punch card too. Until recently i only had HOGs and adventure puzzle games but I got into match 3 games and have 3 of those and now this arcade style game. These games are a lovely little fun diversion from what I'm used to.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,410 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 23, 10 2:01 PM
Love, Love this game. I do not play breaker games as they usually shooting at ugly bugs or space alians. This one is fun with the colorful geometric shapes. At my age, (72) I am not that fast with the mouse, nor will I have big high scores, but it is enjoyable and a break from HOG, TM and Adventure. At 2.99 it is truly a steal.

Thanks BF for this gift.

i give this one a true Seattle two thumbs up.

Edited on 02/23/2010 at 2:13:54 PM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,407 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Feb 23, 10 2:43 PM
Genkicoll, the other breaker games are Runic (love), Tekkout (love), and Brickquest (love/hate because it's hard!). i have never tried Boom Voyage, but then again I have never tried any of the Ricochett (sp?) games either. It's thanks to the $2.99 DD's that I got back into a few "modern" breakers. Long ago and far away, breakers were all the arcade rage! lol.
I usually go with hogs, ihogs, match-3's but the breakers have their charms too. I'm going to look into Boom Voyage tonite.
Happy gaming!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 23, 10 2:53 PM
Thanks, kdubs I love my HOGS/IHOGS, but I do like a good breaker game or match 3 if they're done well. I'll try to make time to demo this one tonight, and download the links to try the other three you've mentioned.

Still interested in hearing thoughts about Treasures of the Deep vs. Boom Voyage

Anam_Craite
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Anam_Craite on Feb 23, 10 5:33 PM
After reading y'all's posts, I had to go check out Boom Voyage. I just downloaded it and am getting ready to play the demo but I can already tell by the screen shots that I will absolutely love this game!

Psssst....BF powers that be....can you pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee make Boom Voyage a Daily Deal soon???

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
4,984 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 23, 10 10:23 PM
I don't do brick busters, either, but I sho nuff bought this one!! This is my second... I bought the one in German that was a DD a little while back. This one is a much better game, though. And absolutely addictive. I made it about halfway through level 4 in the demo hour, and wondered where the time went! Good buy!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,407 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Feb 23, 10 10:41 PM
Well, I've burned a few hours today on this. I'm glad it was the DD.
One thing in this game really made me laugh. After trying Easy, I tried Normal difficulty. After losing several lives in rapid succession, up popped a screen that said something like "It appears you are a Newbie, perhaps you should try the Easy setting".
After I got done laughing, I thought: Newbie? Nope, Oldie, but thanks for being so subtle!
Thanks to genkicoll's mention of Boom Voyage, I loaded it and played most of the trial. It's similar in terms of design, but 6 different locations. It does not have the choice of difficulty levels or of paddle speed, but it does have an excellent help section so you know all the bonuses and the bad guys to avoid. I like that it has a map so after you've died, you can start where you last were. Plus you can replay favorite locations.
I echo the previous post with the plea to bfg to make Boom Voyage a DD soon. It's on my list as a likely purchase.

[Post New]by juliehall442 on Feb 24, 10 2:45 AM
i also loved & got addicted to TREASURES OF THE DEEP but unfortunately i lost the 299 COUPON CODE,would be much obliged if anyone knows it, thanx

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Mar 1, 10 6:57 AM
I, also have to say that this game is addiciting. It is really not at all the type of game that would play but I took the test drive when it was the daily special and got hooked. Now my husband is also hooked, too. I did find that it lags a bit on my laptop but plays perfect on my desktop, plus it is much funner to play on the big screen. I finished the game last night and I know I will start it all over again today after I get my housework done. Really great deal for $2.99!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Jun 15, 10 12:49 AM
I bought this game a couple of months ago, I enjoyed it. It reminded me of Smash Frenzy, but the graphics weren't as bright. It didn't bother me, I still had a great time. I was pleased with the under water theme and I also was pleased with the music. If you like brick-breaking games, I would highly recommend this one. I believe there were three difficulty modes, easy, normal and hard. By breaking the blocks, you will receive upgrades and extra lives. For being today's DD I think $2.99 is a great price, for a great game !! Take Care, Fishies and Happy Gaming !!

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Jun 15, 10 5:20 AM
The code for this one is "treasures".
Dang it anyway BigFish, yet another game that I thoroughly enjoy. I let myself think, no more games this paycheck...Yea, and then the daily deal is yet another one that I like, and who can pass it up when it's the daily deal?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,903 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 15, 10 6:54 AM
juliehall442 wrote:i also loved & got addicted to TREASURES OF THE DEEP but unfortunately i lost the 299 COUPON CODE,would be much obliged if anyone knows it, thanx

Hi

The DD code for this game is TREASURES

MEnr56

Go to: