Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 28, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/28/2016 at 5:05:26 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 28, 16 3:13 AM
My goodness....somehow, I managed to play the entire trial of this game before it was even available. I must be magic. Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling will be helpful? I wasn't at all sure I even wanted the game, but it would be nice to be able to try it out.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 28, 16 5:05 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 28, 16 11:51 AM
It was fine until I opened, with two bas-relief horse heads, the container on the second floor of the train. Then I got the following message:

Access violation at 0x04230790 (tried to read from 0x000000E0), program terminated.

And I was left looking at a black screen. I had to do a hard reboot before I could even uninstall the game.

I have Windows 7 on a laptop.

Edited on 07/28/2016 at 11:54:19 AM PST

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Jul 28, 16 3:13 PM
I had to exit the game during the trial. I had already placed two picture pieces from my inventory in the picture. When I came back, they weren't in the picture and were not in my inventory either. Bummer!

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Jul 28, 16 3:17 PM
But when I found the third piece and put it in, I was fine!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 28, 16 11:46 PM
Once again (and it only happens with Elephant games), when playing custom mode and clicking 'off' sparkles, everything inside a box opened by clicking on the magnifying glass has sparkles by the bucket load!

It is really annoying, and spoils all their games for me. I've asked them directly to fix this, asked BFGs umpteen times to look into this problem but still 'every single game with one exception over the last year' has these unwanted sparkles.

I hate sparkles and the point of custom mode is to choose what we want and don't want in the game.

I have to go back and play a different mode that I don't want, just to avoid them.

If all other devs can manage it, why can't these?

I'm playing on a MacBook Pro El Capitan. All up to date, and latest OS X version.

mystery39
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mystery39 on Jul 29, 16 3:52 AM
Please fix bugs in this game. Played first time after buying and game froze 4 times. Had to restart computer each time. Now playing for 2nd time and game froze again. Not good enough.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jul 29, 16 5:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people are experiencing these problems in the game. In case they haven't been tried already, we encourage taking a look at our help articles to address issues like this. For these problems, I encourage trying the steps in the following:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The help article I've included below also has some information specific to access violations:

Access Violation

belamba, I'm sorry to hear that those sparkles are appearing even when you choose to disable them. Just in case, I've included a help article below with some useful information when display issues like this one occurs:

Screen Resolution

If any of these glitches persist, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Not only can our Reps gather data on and report issues to the right team, but they are also able to provide customized troubleshooting steps.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Jul 30, 16 1:13 PM
Cannot connect rope to hook. Cannot find hook. Hint does not work in scene. This is the third problem I have had with glitches in games in a month. Playing on a Mac 10.9.5.

[Post New]by janjh_ on Jul 30, 16 4:17 PM
Cannot connect rope to hook. Cannot find hook. Hint does not work in scene. This is the third problem I have had with glitches in games in a month. Playing on a Mac 10.9.5.

I am having the same problem as Mossy224...No hook and no HINT...Running Windows 7 64 bit Laptop...

Thx, Jan

[Post New]by rannoora on Jul 30, 16 4:37 PM
The game itself is lagging on outside scenes, annoying. Like, when you are moving cursor, it doesn't move fluently.

In the bonus game, I managed to get to the motorcycle -part, and the game crashed. Twice. About to try again though.

I'm using Win7 on laptop.

[Post New]by gracie965 on Jul 30, 16 9:13 PM
I can't seem to get the second red button in the hall of the train. I don't have the hex nor do I have the chain cutters needed. Can't move at all from this point. Help! Using Mac.

[Post New]by fortuneteller on Jul 31, 16 7:07 PM
am at lab and need wire for charger and its nowhere to be found cant end game without it

vibrett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by vibrett on Aug 1, 16 3:09 AM
I didn't pick up the dart in the bonus game and now elf is stuck in a basket and I can't go on...

Hint takes me to the buffet car but nothing is available and hint won't work even though recharged?

Any advice?

Thanks

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Aug 1, 16 10:25 AM
I cannot get the blue wire in the Tunnel. I need this to charge the battery to defeat the Master. The guide shows that this was needed. It seems that when an item isn't picked up in the right order, the program doesn't allow one to go back to select it.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 1, 16 1:37 PM
The game froze eight seconds into play and I had to reboot. It worked fine for quite awhile after that. But now I'm in the laboratory and the Hint button does not work there. It works if I leave the laboratory but not in the laboratory. Of course I need a hint in the laboratory.

Weird.

OK, this is bad. I can't get the hook because I can't access the scene. Without the hook, I can't progress. Do I have to start over again, when I'm so close to the end?? No hints and no hook. I am STUCK.

On Windows 7 on a PC.

"Cannot connect rope to hook. Cannot find hook. Hint does not work in scene. This is the third problem I have had with glitches in games in a month. Playing on a Mac 10.9.5."

Same problem!!

Edited on 08/01/2016 at 1:54:12 PM PST

stagemel
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stagemel on Aug 1, 16 9:44 PM
I can't select the last item in a HOP. I turned on the hint feature to make sure I was trying to choose the correct thing, but still can't get it.

[Post New]by Grazy_for_Games on Aug 3, 16 6:08 AM
Hi, my game is stuck in paused mood and can not get this changed, I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and the problem remains. Please help!!

Trying to read journal crashes game

[Post New]by coachlbridges on Aug 4, 16 11:55 AM
On a MacBook Pro, OSX 10.11 -

When I read the journal, it shows me the current entry, but when I click on either the forward or backward arrow to go to another page, it freezes the entire game and I have to quit and restart. I reproduced this bug every time (4-5 tries). There were no other programs running.

Please debug. Thanks.

Go to: