Jav12
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Ads in game

[Post New]by Jav12 on Jul 28, 16 5:44 PM
It was one thing to get ads when I logged in. I can live with that. It is another thing to have ads pop up in the game. If this keeps up I will soon be an ex player.

JJJ

Hmm. It only happened twice. Really close together. Must have been a glitch. Fingers crossed.

JJJ

Edited on 07/28/2016 at 6:30:22 PM PST

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

Re:Ads in game

[Post New]by tennco on Jul 28, 16 6:48 PM
They are oppping up in my game also. Playing on iPad. ANNOYING!!

Popping

Edited on 07/28/2016 at 6:49:13 PM PST

Paula2408
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Paula2408 on Jul 28, 16 6:55 PM
No, it happened to me, too! Ugh!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 29, 16 7:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

I want to thank players for taking the time to post their feedback in this particular thread. It is understandable the concern that players have in regards to the cross promotions that they are seeing in their game. While the teams want players to be aware of what is currently occurring on the Big Fish Games site, I will be sure to pass this feedback along to the Midnight Castle teams.

Typically players will only see a cross promotion or ad once, when you start the game up. Beyond that, you shouldn't see another one unless you completely restart the game or purchase something in the game.

To help decrease the activity of some of the notifications, players can go into their Settings menu on mobile devices by tapping on the gear icon. Please then tap on 'Notifications'. The list that appears contains notifications that players can turn off by unchecking.

If you find that you are seeing an excessive number of ads and aren't doing any of the actions described above, you are welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team with your player ID. The support team is always happy to help. Just in case, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 9:33 AM
"… players can go into their Settings menu on mobile devices by tapping on the gear icon. Please then tap on 'Notifications'. The list that appears contains notifications that players can turn off by unchecking. "

I play on iOS & I'm not seeing "Notifications" in my settings. Just sound & music volume, Facebook, additional settings, help, credits, & download full content.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 29, 16 12:09 PM
Desertdruid wrote:

I play on iOS & I'm not seeing "Notifications" in my settings. Just sound & music volume, Facebook, additional settings, help, credits, & download full content.

Settings......(this is the "Settings"/Gear for your iPad that you will see with your icons displayed on your "desktop")

Look on the Left side --- there will be a listing....mine are as follows:
Airplane Mode
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
[space]
Notifications
Control Center
Do Not Disturb
[space]
General

When you select Notifications ..... on the right side will be displayed an alphabetical list of all your Apps......scroll down to Midnight Castle and make the appropriate changes

Edited on 07/29/2016 at 12:11:59 PM PST

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 29, 16 12:12 PM
Thanks for that information, bfgBellerophon!

Czarina63
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Czarina63 on Jul 29, 16 1:28 PM
I have also noticed a sharp increase in pop ups in the last couple days.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 3:24 PM
Ooohhhh! THAT settings icon! OK! I thought it meant the settings gear icon in MC! Isn't that what it sounded like?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 29, 16 3:27 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Ooohhhh! THAT settings icon! OK! I thought it meant the settings gear icon in MC! Isn't that what it sounded like?

Well, no.....not exactly to me ......The quote was as follows:

"… players can go into their Settings menu on mobile devices by tapping on the gear icon. Please then tap on 'Notifications'. The list that appears contains notifications that players can turn off by unchecking. "

But, all is good.....

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 29, 16 3:28 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Ooohhhh! THAT settings icon! OK! I thought it meant the settings gear icon in MC! Isn't that what it sounded like?

But thanks for the giggle......

Go to: