JAWright
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

PvZ2 Ideas: Zen Garden Edition

[Post New]by JAWright on Feb 24, 10 6:04 AM
I was fiddling around with my Zen Garden this morning (working on my mirror flower garden) when I started to think of ideas and ways they could improve the garden for the sequal. Here are a couple I came up with in the next few posts.

JAWright
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:PvZ2 Ideas: Zen Garden Edition

[Post New]by JAWright on Feb 24, 10 6:05 AM
Idea Number One

Increase the spots in the Zen Garden. Currently there are 32 spots for plants in the regular garden. This of course is not enough for all the regular plants (28+11 alternate colored marigolds), meaning for a completionist like myself I cannot get all of the plants at the same time.

I would increase the number of spots to 50. This would give enough room for every plant that does not go in the Shroom or Water Gardens plus 15 alternate marigold colors (Id add another 4 colors for the sequal thats why i say 15). Also this would give enough room for the Special Plants (eg: Repeater, Twin Sunflowers, ect [see idea 2])

Of course this number would have to be modified to include any new plants introduced in PvZ2 as well.

The Zen Garden of course would have to have a special set up because that would be alot of plants to have on the screen at full size at one time (they wouldnt fit) so id brake the garden into 4 sections of which would have as close to even numbers as possible (with any new plants added id say like 14-15 per section). Now when you first go into your Zen Garden you will see all four sections of the garden but at a reduced size, like your looking from higher up, and you can select which section you want to zoom in on if you choose to see them better.

JAWright
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by JAWright on Feb 24, 10 6:06 AM
Idea Number Two

One of the things I dont like about the Zen Garden aspect of the game is that I cannot get some of my favorite plants, the Purchased Special Upgrades. I would love to have a Cattail in my Water Garden or a Gloom Shroom in my Night Garden ect.

I would make it so these are attainable in PvZ2. I would make it a different mechanic to get these plants than the normal ones. First you cannot get these unless you have the base plant that it upgrades already in your garden. Example: you couldnt get a Twin Sunflower unless you already have a regular Sunflower in your Garden (fully grown). The reason for this would be that you dont get them as presents from playing the game. Instead once you get a plant that can be upgraded, then you can purchase a special fertilizer which would cost between $50,000 and $150,000 depending on the upgrade. This special fertilizer is then used on that specific plant and changes it. (note you would have to have two Kernal-pults to use the Cob Cannon fertilizer). Now a special feature would be that if the plant is backwards facing then the upgrade is as well (the cob cannon would require two backwards facing kernal pults to get a backwards one).

Also for these Special Plants to grow you would have to purchase a special garden which would be the "Green House" which would cost $250,000 to purchase. When not in this Green House they would not Grow but once grown they can be transplanted to their Garden of Choice and will be happy.

JAWright
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by JAWright on Feb 24, 10 6:07 AM
Ideas Three and Four

3) Purchasable Water Sprinkler System. $75,000. This sprinkler system is installed in your Zen Garden (not available for Night or Water Gardens, or the Green House). This water sprinkler system can be turned on and will water all plants in which ever of the 4 sections in your Zen Garden you choose. This will reduce the time needed to water plants when you have alot of them.

and

4) Stinky has fallen in love and his precious Shelly now lives in the Zen Garden with him and she will assist in collecting coins.

JAWright
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by JAWright on Feb 24, 10 6:41 AM
Idea Number Five

Not really a Zen Garden exactly idea but I figured it could go into the same section of the game and thus could be mentioned along with those ideas.

This idea is a Zombie Zoo with the following features and mechanics.

a) The Zombie Zoo is unlocked when you automatically capture a zombie on one of the later stages in the Adventure Mode. You capture a zombie in the same manner as you aquire plants for the Zen Garden. When a zombie dies there is a very small chance that a Cage will pop up to be retrieved like the present boxes. This will put a zombie in Zoo.

b) The Zombie Zoo will have a couple of features. First the primary space of the Zoo will be the Yard which is an open space in the center of the screen. There will be Graves around the Yard and fences and dirt/grass around. There will also be a pond in the area which water zombies can enter and leave but normal zombies cannot. Also there will be Holding Pens which is where the Zombie Cages go when you first aquire them. This is where they are "tamed" before release into the Yard.

c) When a cage is recieved it is placed in the Zoo Holding Pens. While the cage is here you must feed the Zombie inside to "tame" it so that it will stay in the zoo without causing trouble. There is no way of knowing what kind of zombie is in the cage until it is tamed and is released into the Yard (really who wants to go getting close to try and find out).

d) There will be versions of every zombie (other than the zomboss of course), including the Normal and Giga-Gargantuans and Imps. There will be 6 different versions of Gargantuans each with a different weapon and the same versions as Giga-Gargantuans for a total of 12 Gargantuans total. The rarest zombie will of course be the Zombie Yeti which has the lowest chance of spawning from a cage.

e) Zombies can be sold to research facilities if you choose to make money simular to selling plants in the Zen Garden. Normal Zombies sell for $10,000. Vehical and Water Zombies sell for $15,000. Special Zombies sell for $20,000.

Normal Zombie List: Zombie, Flag Zombie, Conehead Zombie, Pole Vaulting Zombie, Bucket Head Zombie, Screen Door Zombie, Backup Dancer, Zombie Bobsled Team (1), Digger Zombie, Pogo Zombie, Ladder Zombie, Imp

Vehical and Water Zombie List: Ducky Tube Zombie, Snorkel Zombie, Zomboni, Dolphin Rider Zombie, Catapult Zombie

Special Zombies: Newspaper Zombie, Football Zombie, Dancing Zombie, jack-in-the-Box Zombie, Balloon Zombie, Zombie Yeti, Bungee Zombie, Gargantuan, Giga-Gargantuan

f) You will have to purchase Imitation Brain Flavored Tofu from Crazy Dave to feed your zombies. $1,000 for 5 helpings.

g) Once the zombies are in the yard you will still have to feed them occasionally but sometimes they will instead get bored and you will have to instead play music for them so they can dance. The Juke-Box will be purchased from Crazy Dave for the low price of $10,000.

h) Now once the zombies are in the Yard they will wander aimlessly around. They will continue to move until they are bored and they will just sit there with a angry symbol above their head until you play some music for them at which time they will start to dance and produce coins at regular intervals. At other times they will turn green (simular to the Zombiquarium) meaning they are hungry and need to be fed some Brain Tofu.

i) Because the zombies move around the Yard there really isnt spaces for them to be set like the plants in the Zen Garden but there is a limit to the number of zombies you can have in the Yard at one time. This limit would be twice the number of types of zombies that would be in the PvZ2 game. With current zombie totals that would be enough room for 50, this would be increased by 2 for each new type of zombie.

j) The Bungee Zombie is a bit different than the other zombies, it will still hang from the Cord but it will just slowly swing around the Yard. The Digger Zombie will sometimes move around above ground and other will move around under ground. Water zombies will move around on the ground and will also go into the pond to swim around. The Dancing Zombie will dance from place to place and occassionally stop to do its special dance (though Backup Zombies dont appear). Balloon Zombies just float around as normal. Imps do not sit on Gargantaurs but instead wander around alone.

Thats all the ideas for now for the Zombie Zoo, hope you all like. Please give opinions and ideas on how to improve it.

Edited on 02/24/2010 at 6:42:45 AM PST

tjanetv
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,389 Posts

[Post New]by tjanetv on Feb 24, 10 8:46 AM
You have some wonderful idea. The problem with posting them here, is that BFG did not develop the game, PC did. I thought BFG did dev, but searched the credits and found that they didn't. I wrote to PC and they have no plans for a sequel, so we can't give them our ideas. Unless we all decide to write them and tell them our idea. Then they might take the hint and start planning pvz2.

Go to: