NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 29, 16 10:15 AM
RE: UNREALISTIC MINI-EVENTS

Before this event ends, which obviously we are not going to win, I have thoroughly read all the posts and statistics posted by other players. One player was right on target...that we would finish at 300,000 because the goals are too high by approximately 40% and that we would come in at 60%. And that is exactly about what we will do.

It was clearly obvious to me at first glance that the airship challenge was an impossible dream. And that proved itself to be true. I for one, only had enough inventory to send 3 airships....10% of the personal goal.

But, back to this event before it's too late. I have friends who have done 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 Zoom Zones. I have one friend who has completed ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED. I myself have done over 200. The personal goal was 75.

At 5am EST this morning, both PC and IOS were at the halfway level, meaning that the target for both platforms was skewed by the same 40% elevated statistic.

Before this event ends, I am asking Big Fish to modify this challenge. It is breaking my heart to see the phenomenal effort that some were willing to contribute to the global goal. And for what? 25 Pet Medallions. PLEASE FIX THIS MINI-EVENT BEFORE IT ENDS, AND ALL PLAYERS ARE FACED WITH ANOTHER LOSING EVENT AFTER GIVING THEIR HEART AND SOUL.

At the beginning, someone posted a thread called "Mini-Event-is it doable?". In hindsight, I should have taken this literally instead of just jumping into the pool with both feet. Because the team effort took over, an undoable mini-event has now left many of us with severely depleted inventory, "the thrill of defeat", and probably wondering if they will EVER do another mini-event. I know this is where I stand.

So, Big Fish, please fix this event before it's too late. Either lower the global goal, extend the timeframe, or count each and every zoom-zone opened by a player...not just the ones at the 5, 25 and 75 mark. If someone did 60, COUNT all SIXTY. ETA: Now that this event has ended, it is indeed a shame that you don't count each and every contribution. It seems there were many players lacking in inventory, who attempted to complete the goal of 75, but fell short, running out of time for three reasons: 1) wait time on HOS 2) lack of receiving necessary item 3) receipt of coins and shards.

If the players find that they can't trust Big Fish to come through with fair events, the whole concept has been for naught.

Sincerely, NoFish Today/Linet

Edited on 07/30/2016 at 12:47:21 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 10:27 AM
I completely agree that the global goals were set far too high.

With an hour to go, iOS is at 565,636 of 1,000,000.
Many people have gone above & beyond, contributing far more than their personal goal.

25 pet medallions is not worth this investment of time, effort, & especially inventory! Inventory that probably won't be replaced by the HOS. I for one will not do this again.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jul 29, 16 10:30 AM

I totally agree !!!!

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Jul 29, 16 10:34 AM
NoFishToday. My feelings exactly.

Mamacass14

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Jul 29, 16 10:39 AM

shari715
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by shari715 on Jul 29, 16 10:53 AM

rufus100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by rufus100 on Jul 29, 16 10:58 AM
37 mins to go........................ Oh dear, what a shame..........given more team spirit I am sure we could have done it!! We need to WIN the next mini-event!! Let's go for it (please)? love to all who participated, Boz.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Jul 29, 16 11:00 AM
My personal suggestion for BF:
honor the efforts of all who did 75 or more ZZ with the gift of the 100 pet food bags

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 11:04 AM
Sorry Boz, but once you're out of inventory & the HOS are giving you nothing but shards & coins, no amount of team spirit is going to help!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 11:05 AM
Toffifee wrote:
honor the efforts of all who did 75 or more ZZ with the gift of the 100 pet food bags

And 10 diamonds & a Blood Lotus for every 100 extra they did!

Edited on 07/29/2016 at 11:09:17 AM PST

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Jul 29, 16 11:11 AM

I also agree with you NoFishToday

I would also like to see the developers consider those people who have multiple castles.

We also want to contribute to the global goal but find it impossible to complete the task on ALL castles within the time frame.

I was able to complete the 25 on all 8 of my castles and tried for the 75 on my main three but ran out of time and zz items.

It's too bad the amount over 25 wasn't added to the global total as well, instead of just the over 75. If that were the case, I think we may have come a lot closer to the global goal.

Anyway, this is just not working with the goals set so high as 2 out of 3 failed events prove.

PLEASE consider all the comments players took time to post when planning the next event. You must realise that not everyone has a a ton of inventory. I know I struggled with my baby castles to even hit the 25 as they are under level 20 and have not yet built up a large inventory.

I really enjoy the change from the regular game but can't continue playing if the goals are not more realistic.

Just my opinion but hope the devs consider this thread while planning the next event.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Jul 29, 16 11:12 AM
Now THAT would be only fair, Desertdruid

Lousmiles
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Lousmiles on Jul 29, 16 11:25 AM
I agree !

wigwag53
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by wigwag53 on Jul 29, 16 12:01 PM
I agree with Toffifee. I posted about the last mini event that those of us that finished should have shared in the diamonds. The same is true with this mini event. Why should we be punished because others could not or would not participate. I did my 75 plus many more. Dev's, consider this on next mini event. Reward those of us who play & not those who will not participate. They can complain all they want but we should have some compensation. Thanks

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 29, 16 12:08 PM
BF, the game is now over. Both platforms lost. Total players:

PC: 10,524
IOS: 29,292

This shows me that IOS has almost triple the number of players compared to PC, yet we both reached the halfway mark. So, it means that IOS had even more people contributing a "bare minimum" than PC did. Sad for both platforms. It also means the PC goal should have been 1/3 of the IOS goal, not half. I still wonder what the outcome would be if each and every zoom zone counted...not just the ones set at the personal goal marks. I saw a post by one player that she contributed 54, but then had to go to work and would not be back in time to finish. I am surmising that 29 of her zoom zones did not count towards the global goal. I truly believe every zoom zone should count, and respectfully request a re-count by BF using this guideline. Based on the posts I am reading, there is no point in having anymore mini-events, because many of us who gave it their all no longer plan to participate. I know I won't be if this particular mini-event is not adjusted in some way...either by time extension, method of calculation on global goal, or reduction of the global goal.

[Post New]by Gr3asyHalfling on Jul 29, 16 12:16 PM
I sincerely agree with No Fish Today`s comments, 100% !! I did manage to complete "over and above" my personal goal by 80.. that is eighty ZOOM ZONES!! I know other players possibly and will top that by miles, but really BFG .. please give us, the players some and how about 50 diamonds for all participants, not for anything but for sheer effort and time given to this mini-non-event...

Edited on 07/29/2016 at 12:17:03 PM PST

[Post New]by Gr3asyHalfling on Jul 29, 16 12:18 PM
A BIG HUG FOR ALL YOU PLAYERS from me, at any rate

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Jul 29, 16 12:21 PM
Was curious to know if they can see who did the75+ZZ's and who did the bare minimum? If so those of us who took time time and energy in completing this challenge should be compensated with something.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 12:36 PM
They would have to be able to tell who did 75 - they sent us the medallions when we did the 75th ZZ.

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Jul 29, 16 12:48 PM
Desertdruid wrote:They would have to be able to tell who did 75 - they sent us the medallions when we did the 75th ZZ.

How true Tia senior moment I guess.

Go to: