bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

New version of Aveyond: The Lost Orb now available

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 24, 10 2:09 PM
We have a new version of Aveyond: The Lost Orb available now. This new version of the game resolves some small bugs and a progression block that was reported in the forums..

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If your Game Manager does not prompt you to update this game, here's how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC game.
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game's executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

mnk12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:New version of Aveyond: The Lost Orb now available

[Post New]by mnk12 on Feb 24, 10 10:22 PM
What about my saves? I m' in the middle of the game. If i uninstall the game, am i not going to lose the progress i 've already done?

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Feb 24, 10 10:39 PM
No, the save files are not kept in the same folder as the game, so it won't be affected by reinstalling the game.

mnk12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mnk12 on Feb 25, 10 12:30 AM
aislingyngaio,
do you know in which file and folder the saves are? I can't find them.

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 12:31:42 AM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 25, 10 12:33 AM
You can usually find your save files by going into your windows explorer and typing %appdata% into the address bar. That should give you a list of folders for all the games you have (even if you've uninstalled them). For me Lost Orb saved files are in the Aveyond 3 folder. But you only ever need to find your saved files if you want to send them to another computer.

mnk12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mnk12 on Feb 25, 10 1:27 AM
So, there BFG saves! That was really useful! Thank you very much!

[Post New]by rbtanger on Feb 27, 10 2:46 PM
I thought the update might fix the weird anomaly I keep experiencing in Underfall, i.e. conversations/actions that reference Spook as though he is a member of the party while he is not.

My only interactions with Spook have been when he stole a quill for Mel and gifted it to her and then when he showed the party the way to Harakauna. I check and he's still in the Bar in Peliad...

Maybe this is something that still needs to be fixed? Or I'm just crazy?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 27, 10 8:25 PM
Didn't spook come with you after you got him out of the Temple to have a look at the lion statue that zapped the mouse in Stonetooth cave? He won't be in your active party (meaning he's not in battles) unless you actively put him there, but he will be travelling with you.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Feb 28, 10 4:56 AM
rbtanger:
That happens because you took advantage of a bug which let you go to Acropolis via the MME, even though you hadn't been there to flip the switch yet. You were not supposed to get there without Spook.

You can still finish the game, but it will seem very weird in places because you did this.

[Post New]by rbtanger on Feb 28, 10 4:58 PM
No, it wasn't a bug that let me go to Acropolis. I hadn't been in Acropolis at that point, only Underfall. I made it to Underfall completely on my own, battling fish and crabs and running, and never used the MME at all.

After I had wandered around somewhat aimlessly for a while, I finally figured out that I had to have missed something in the cave system. I went back and discovered the Lion statue that triggered the "Go get Spook" quest.

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Mar 3, 10 7:40 PM
rbtanger, i've reported your prob in the beta forum. thanks for finding that out.

Go to: