Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Witches' Legacy: Dark Days to Come Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 30, 16 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/30/2016 at 7:33:10 AM PST

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Witches' Legacy: Dark Days to Come Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Cookyville on Jul 30, 16 4:41 AM
Klunker to what was a GREAT series

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Witches' Legacy: Dark Days to Come Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by leacraw on Jul 30, 16 5:11 AM
I found the game to be tedious with all of the back and forth required. You cannot click through dialogue. The hint does not jump to the required location, you must go through each area.
As always, try for yourself.
Happy gaming,
lea

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jul 30, 16 6:53 AM
I agree with leacraw 100%

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 30, 16 7:02 AM
Hate to admit it, but one of my favorite series is circling the drain. Maybe I expected too much, but don't think so. You try. I'll wait for the SE

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Jul 30, 16 7:30 AM
Another "portal" and "magic" medallions game. Sure getting tired of this type of game. Downloaded and deleted as soon as I saw this. Also, turning into a "ferret"? Give me a break. I am going back and playing old games. Good thing about getting older is that I can hardly remember the games that I purchased in 2011. For those of you that love this type of game I hope you enjoy this one.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jul 30, 16 7:31 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Witches' Legacy: Dark Days to Come Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Witches' Legacy: Dark Days to Come Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

amazemen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amazemen on Jul 30, 16 8:08 AM
Hopefully better games are coming? I did not enjoy playing the game teaser. The game seems to be better suited to those who like comedy.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 30, 16 8:55 AM
Interesting reviews and as usual I don't agree with any of them. I liked this demo; perhaps not enough to spend money on the CE but I will definitely get the SE and may still shell out for the CE if I can find a second one to take advantage of the sale.

The graphics are lovely, with muted colours. There is very much a 'fairy tale' feel about the whole thing, which if you don't like, you should give this game a miss. Personally I found it relaxing and completely stress-free to play; nothing to tax the brain too much, just a gentle wander through a magical world. I did get a bit lost as far as the story went but I don't usually bother too much with that side of games anyway. The HOS are mostly list type but some are done quite differently. The puzzles were fairly easy; nothing too clever for it's own good. I never use the hint button if I get stuck; the map shows where there are things to be done so I use that to jump to wherever I need to go. It also shows if you've found all the collectibles and morphing objects; a little gold star stays dark until you find everything. The 4 modes of play include custom. No idea about the extras; I forgot to look.

The ferret is a bit silly; I must agree with that. I remember playing a game where someone's mother was turned into a ferret; perhaps it was in this series. As far as helpers go, this one is pretty awful; dressing up and silly tricks just add fuel to the argument for getting rid of helpers altogether. Used too often, it spoiled what was for me a really nice way to spend 90 minutes (the full trial time) on a Saturday afternoon. The time passed slowly; I felt as though I'd been playing for hours. I don't know what that says about this game but I thoroughly enjoyed the demo

ETA: No technical issues on a desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 08/01/2016 at 8:11:26 AM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jul 30, 16 10:50 AM
If ELfun goes back to quality of previous games, I would like this series to continue!

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Jul 30, 16 12:29 PM
So true Cabanaeast18. I love this game dev and have found all of their games so good until this one. I am so disappointed to see a series I loved become so worn out. Maybe they could come up with a new series that would have the quality of their older games but unfortunately, I couldn't last more than 15 minutes into the demo.

For those who love the game (BTW, good review Angelfish) I am sure you will appreciate all of the extra goodies in the CE.

Sadly, I had to pass on this one but I am hoping to see a great game from this awesome game dev next time.

Edited on 07/30/2016 at 12:30:48 PM PST

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Jul 30, 16 7:38 PM
Sadly, I disliked this game, and felt that this and the previous one dramatic were bad. They were especially lacking in Lynn.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jul 31, 16 3:50 AM
I seem to be going against the flow of the majority of the reviews as I liked this game. The graphics were clear and the game was quite long. I enjoyed the story line and the puzzles and found the bonus chapter to be a nice length also.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jul 31, 16 6:54 AM
When I saw this game come up after playing Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich, and when I saw how difficult the puzzles were, in Mystery Trackers, I thought this was going to be a really great game to have in place of MT.
But, I was wrong. I will have to pass this one for Mystery Trackers as this nonsense fairy tale misadventure, is a waste of what use to be a really good sort of scary series. Now, it is just a jumble of things thrown together which makes no sense whatsoever. I am hugely disappointed.

So, I am off to take advantage of the two for one sale but, sadly, this game won't be one of them.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jul 31, 16 11:06 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Interesting reviews and as usual I don't agree with any of them. I liked this demo; perhaps not enough to spend money on the CE but I will definitely get the SE and may still shell out for the CE if I can find a second one to take advantage of the sale.

The graphics are lovely, with muted colours. There is very much a 'fairy tale' feel about the whole thing, which if you don't like, you should give this game a miss. Personally I found it relaxing and completely stress-free to play; nothing to tax the brain too much, just a gentle wander through a magical world. I did get a bit lost as far as the story went but I don't usually bother too much with that side of games anyway. The HOS are mostly list type but some are done quite differently. The puzzles were fairly easy; nothing too clever for it's own good. I never use the hint button if I get stuck; the map shows were there are things to be done so I use that to jump to wherever I need to go. It also shows if you've found all the collectibles and morphing objects; a little gold star stays dark until you find everything. The 4 modes of play include custom. No idea about the extras; I forgot to look.

The ferret is a bit silly; I must agree with that. I remember playing a game where someone's mother was turned into a ferret; perhaps it was in this series. As far as helpers go, this one is pretty awful; dressing up and silly tricks just add fuel to the argument for getting rid of helpers altogether. Used too often, it spoiled what was for me a really nice way to spend 90 minutes (the full trial time) on a Saturday afternoon. The time passed slowly; I felt as though I'd been playing for hours. I don't know what that says about this game but I thoroughly enjoyed the demo

In complete agreement except for the ferret. I actually like the silly little critter

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jul 31, 16 8:15 PM
angelfish106 wrote:Interesting reviews and as usual I don't agree with any of them. I liked this demo; perhaps not enough to spend money on the CE but I will definitely get the SE and may still shell out for the CE if I can find a second one to take advantage of the sale.

The graphics are lovely, with muted colours. There is very much a 'fairy tale' feel about the whole thing, which if you don't like, you should give this game a miss. Personally I found it relaxing and completely stress-free to play; nothing to tax the brain too much, just a gentle wander through a magical world. I did get a bit lost as far as the story went but I don't usually bother too much with that side of games anyway. The HOS are mostly list type but some are done quite differently. The puzzles were fairly easy; nothing too clever for it's own good. I never use the hint button if I get stuck; the map shows were there are things to be done so I use that to jump to wherever I need to go. It also shows if you've found all the collectibles and morphing objects; a little gold star stays dark until you find everything. The 4 modes of play include custom. No idea about the extras; I forgot to look.

I also enjoyed the complete fantasy world much more than hooded creatures with glowing red eyes who kidnap children with special powers, and assisting a detective (who seems to have lost his French accent ) in another case from a famous mystery writer. The puzzles in the demo were interesting, but not hard to complete. I also found the gameplay to be relaxing. This will be a buy for me, and I just need to find a second game for the sale.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Aug 1, 16 2:35 AM
4mybirds4 wrote:I seem to be going against the flow of the majority of the reviews as I liked this game. The graphics were clear and the game was quite long. I enjoyed the story line and the puzzles and found the bonus chapter to be a nice length also.
[/quote

I totally agree with you, not finished yet but enjoying every minute of it. Plus I think Bertha is very comical. There are so many great things happening I specially like it when the blankest from the elephant turned into HO.

Linda

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Aug 1, 16 3:46 PM
I wasn't going to even demo this one, since I found that this series jumped the shark after the first three installments. The last few have seemed uninspired and tedious to me. I still can't seem to finish the last two.

But, I tried this one anyway and found it to be much better! The storyline is much more interesting, and it keeps my attention. I will admit, I do like me a good fairytale theme, so that was what drew me in--though this is more of a cross between the devs' current witch theme and your traditional fairytale theme. I have enjoyed it.

I have enjoyed the HOGs and the minigames as well. They have been unique enough to be worth playing for me. Others have reviewed these in more detail so I'll leave that to them.

I do like the ferret much better than the imp (the imp was super creepy, after all--I personally would have preferred it stayed a dog ), and I don't mind helpers anyway, plus I liked the fun things the ferret did. I kinda want to watch her slide down the slide on her backside again

On a separate note, I appreciated the uber huge zipper at the beginning of the game, an homage to the "required" zipper pull that seems to be unavoidable in these games. I would like to see a dev make fun of this sometime...

I still don't care for any of the extras except the bonus game--the morphing objects don't do anything for me, since once you find them you never see them again...and the puzzles, once finished, are anticlimactic as usual. I have also never found this style of achievements to be interesting, but that's just me. These achievements are "badges" on a page that light up once you achieve them, but I prefer collections of interesting things as achievements--especially if they have a fascinating story or history behind them.

To me, the main game and bonus are worth a try (at a discount, if you find the game appealing). I could do without everything else, and I hope the next thing the devs work on is making the bonus achievements, puzzles, and morphs more interactive...but I have enjoyed the game itself enough to have fun with it!

I hope you have fun too!

Edited on 08/01/2016 at 3:53:11 PM PST

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

Dark Days Bring Fun-Shine

[Post New]by Beingknown on Aug 1, 16 8:46 PM
GREETINGS FELLOW FISHIES!

I am taking a quick dip into the pond today to share my thoughts and feelings about Elefun’s newest offering: In the Witches’ Legacy Series, “Dark Days To Come”.

Given my usually calm, reserved and erudite personality, please see me jumping up and down and doing cartwheels of happiness over this game. First of all, I love, love, love that all the scenes have multiple interactions wherever you click them. It makes me smile from the tips of my toes to the ends of my hair when I can pop balloons, have ghosts pop out of rocks, and bugs crawl out of flowers, just because I touch them.

Although I tend to actually feel a farsighted aversion to HOPs, this darn game had me hopping for joy with how much fun their original, multilevel and interactional HOP scenes were. Add to that, the option of playing a memory match game instead, and I am thrilled to my core.

The adventure aspect of this game gives us lots of interesting items to collect and entertaining ways to use them. There are puzzle pieces to collect, morphing objects to discover, and mini games to play, all with the help of our friendly little ferret Bertha. When Bertha is not actively needed in game play, you can still click on her for an amusing response.

Overall, this game, while tending towards the somewhat non-challenging side of things, nonetheless offers great entertainment value, a good sense of humor and game play that I think will appeal to a wide range of personalities and skill levels.

HAPPY GAMING! ~B

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Aug 3, 16 11:53 AM
I absolutely love this whimsical fantasy game, The characters are unique as are the puzzles and HOS. I own all the games in this series and will surely buy this fun to play games.. Graphics are superb.

Go to: