bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 25, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Welcome to Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Nilosh on Feb 25, 10 1:07 AM
Greetings fellow Fishies, I really enjoyed the first two Treasure Seekers game, especially the second one. It just seems a tad unfare that the third edition is being marketed as Collector's editition. I only hope that for 20 dollars we get to play a longer version because if I am not mistaken, the first two games were not that long. SO far, despite my husbands nagging (using his credit card) I have purchased all Collector's Edition games that have come out so far (with the exception of Adventure in Seattle). The only Game I found to be worth 20 dollars was D?re Grove. I will wait to hear from others before I get a hold of hubbies credit card which I have now over extended my quota for games this month. Cheers to all.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Feb 25, 10 1:48 AM
Me too, but since I'm having a current gripe about game length I will be interested to see how long it turns out to be! Going in for look now.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 25, 10 3:02 AM
I enjoyed both the other 2 Treasure Seekers games and this one doesn't disappoint. Unlike the others it didn't play slow or jerky for me this time, nice smooth gameplay, lovely graphics as usual with this series, characters and their personalities remain unchanged, flowing seamlessly from the last episode so you feel as though you are meeting old friends.

Objects to find are of the same style, finding one part opens a window to find others. Some hidden object scenes with a new twist,which I won't say so not to spoil the fun! Putting pieces of pictures or maps together, well some may like and others may not but I quite like doing these. Game length...well, I played the hour trial and was about to get the crystal heart for the creature when time ran out. I can't remember how many chapters there were but length seems reasonable. Strategy guide is inbuilt, so if you get stuck you can get help.

My only tiny gripe about the game was that is was far easier than the other two in the series. Since the cursor changes to a hand when you find a required object, it doesn't take much effort to find them. However I was playing the relaxed mode so perhaps in the timed mode it's not so easy!

As for paying what in the UK amounts to around £15 plus a charge for buying in dollars, not for me I'm afraid. I will wait patiently for the standard version and will definitely buy it then. Welcome back Nellie and Tom!

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 3:03:58 AM PST

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Feb 25, 10 3:17 AM
Well since I couldn't , I was delighted to find Treasure Seekers. I came very close to finishing the 2nd Chapter of 6 and the game is very much like the other two, in the sense of finding objects. Clear graphics, no technical issues,etc. If you liked the first two then I think you're gonna like this one.
Since it is the end of the month and money is tight, not sure if I will purchase the CE, and the fact that the game can probably be competed in 3 hours or so (looking for something to get me through the snowstorm). Will wait for other reviews to see how long it took. If this were the regular version I would be buying it right now.

bamizmama
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bamizmama on Feb 25, 10 3:34 AM
I'm with you. Couldn't sleep either, but when uploading, it had 250,000 KB, so it seems like it's a long one. I'm gonna go for it. (Um, I want to see a walkthrough though.)

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Feb 25, 10 4:14 AM
Won't download for, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Feb 25, 10 5:16 AM
Alright, even though I'm actually quite tired, I'm going to bang out something resembling an opinion then go to bed:

The game seems shorter then it probably is. Sometimes I stumbled into the next thing to do, sometimes I didn't have the right idea at all. Had to rely on the hint button sometimes, my only complaint there being how slowly it regenerated. Half the puzzles I didn't need to skip, half I did. See previous complaint. Not a bad game at all. And the 'extra' chapter was probably the most fun in my opinion.

Worth $6.99? Definitely. The $20 I paid for it here ........ probably?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 25, 10 6:05 AM
ARGH!!! Trying to sit on my hands to, at the very least, wait until the 1st of the month so I'll get the 3 punches for my punch card. Reeeeeally enjoying the game and I just want to keep playing. Was doing the demo on Relaxed (I don't think the Hard mode is Timed, btw, just less hints and such) and had not yet made the bread all the way so still some of the 2nd chapter which I hope means 3 hours of play, especially on Hard Mode. Now if I can just control myself for 3 days and get those punches... I'll *never* make the 3 weeks for standard release and will likely regret it as special features don't wow me much. ...but man I wanna keep playing...

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Feb 25, 10 6:16 AM
Same here poodlebear lol, I must wait til the 1st of March.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 25, 10 6:17 AM
bootsie21 wrote:Same here poodlebear lol, I must wait til the 1st of March.

We can form a "learn to delay gratification support group"...

Oh, BTW, just for general info if playing on "Advanced Mode" it is not timed and you still get the verbal clues as to what to do BUT you don't get the hand cursor on items to search for, though you do on interactive objects - so like the hand appeared when looking for wind up mouse BUT when the "pockets" (I think that's what this style of game calls them) for the mouse items opes the objects in the room do not give the hand cursor like they do in Relaxed Mode. I also don't think you get sparklies on areas to search, but not sure on this as time ran out before I thought to look when I went back for last 10 minutes set to Advanced play.

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 6:21:51 AM PST

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Feb 25, 10 6:57 AM

Poodlebear, sign me up! I already filled my February punch card twice,
must wait!!!

[Post New]by ffpz5989 on Feb 25, 10 6:59 AM
Poodlebear wrote:ARGH!!! Trying to sit on my hands to, at the very least, wait until the 1st of the month so I'll get the 3 punches for my punch card. Reeeeeally enjoying the game and I just want to keep playing. Was doing the demo on Relaxed (I don't think the Hard mode is Timed, btw, just less hints and such) and had not yet made the bread all the way so still some of the 2nd chapter which I hope means 3 hours of play, especially on Hard Mode. Now if I can just control myself for 3 days and get those punches... I'll *never* make the 3 weeks for standard release and will likely regret it as special features don't wow me much. ...but man I wanna keep playing...

[Post New]by ffpz5989 on Feb 25, 10 7:06 AM
Poodlebear wrote:ARGH!!! Trying to sit on my hands to, at the very least, wait until the 1st of the month so I'll get the 3 punches for my punch card. Reeeeeally enjoying the game and I just want to keep playing. Was doing the demo on Relaxed (I don't think the Hard mode is Timed, btw, just less hints and such) and had not yet made the bread all the way so still some of the 2nd chapter which I hope means 3 hours of play, especially on Hard Mode. Now if I can just control myself for 3 days and get those punches... I'll *never* make the 3 weeks for standard release and will likely regret it as special features don't wow me much. ...but man I wanna keep playing...

My plan was to wait too because I already have a full punch card for this month but I decided that I couldn't wait to play further and bought it and I'm really enjoying it. Great game.
Well maybe there will be some interesting daily deals the next couple of days so I can get a second full punch card.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 25, 10 7:21 AM
I have enjoyed the trial time, but will wait for the regular version of this game. I have bought today the tgt "Escape from lost island" which is similar to Treasure Seekers, but cost only 7 $, not 20 $.

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Feb 25, 10 8:50 AM
I agree with all of you. The hand make things much easier but if you assure me that in the timed mode that does not exist then the whole thing gets really interesting. I will definitely buy it when it comes in the regular version. I am not a collectors' edition fan. Damn financial crisis !! ! !

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 25, 10 9:04 AM
i couldn't wait had to buy and i looooove it. so now i will have to get 3 more games to fill punch card but that shouldn't be too hard.

i only finished chapter 1 and started on chapter 2 and had 11 minutes left of demo before i bought, i did have to look at the strategy guide for the first mini game as i could't figure out how to work the little arrows on top of the cards.

in the first chapter you have 29 things to do, i don't know about chapter 2 as of yet but it looks like it could last 3 hours or longer depending if you are the type of person to read the story or skip it.

i give it 5 out of 5

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Feb 25, 10 9:39 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
bootsie21 wrote:Same here poodlebear lol, I must wait til the 1st of March.

Where do I sign up PB?!

Great game, good graphics!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 25, 10 9:56 AM
Beautiful game - I'm not buying it though cos I reckon the replay value will be negligible. Work of art - lovely graphics!!!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 25, 10 10:37 AM
Sign me up for the "delayed gratification" group, too, LOL. But this one is not going to be hard to wait for. I enjoyed the first two - a lot - but MCF it is not. I do NOT regret spending the 20 bucks for DG, but there are few games I would spend that on. (Drawn 2, a further Dream Chronicles story, another MCF, even Enlightenus 2)

I wish they would simply put out a premium game, as other sites do, that sells for $9.99. Period. No two separate editions. I think most of us wouldn't debate an extra 3 bucks, but 13 is really a lot. (The other sites wait about 6 months, then drop the price on the premium game - without fanfare - which is by then old news, to the regular price. In the end, I think they would do just as well financially, and everyone would jump on it, even if it only carried one punch credit.

I gotta say, I don't even look at the wallpapers nor the production stuff. That ought to be on the game website as teasers, like they did with the old Azada site when Azada 2 was in the works. I don't use walkthroughs as a rule, I puzzle it out. And there will be a blog walkthrough, anyhow at some point. So unless there is SIGNIFICANT extra game play, like the morphing objects/extra levels in DG, I am not interested.

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 10:51:50 AM PST

Go to: