If it requires multiple visits to a forum to play, it's not a good game

[Post New]by MrsMoe53 on Feb 25, 10 1:01 AM
I LOVE games. Mostly Hidden object, but have played several games like this one (Agatha Christie And Then There Were None). I'm not stupid, but find I HAVE to visit the forums to advance - frequently. NOT the hallmark of a good game.

My idea of a GREAT game that required thought, and was solveable on my own was Mystery Case File Dire Grove.

This Agatha Christie one is just like Time Stand Still and one other one I can't remember the name of - so FRUSTRATING, I uninstalled them before finishing.

When you can't even remotely come up with what to do with the items you have gathered (I mean come on, I was supposed to figure out making a parachute included the tripod of a telescope?) then the designers were not thinking.

It doesn't help that the game has so many glitches and graphics problems. I wasted my game credit on this game because it said "Runner Up best (whatever) game of 2007!"
BLECHH!!!

auntGan
Manatee
Manatee
4,484 Posts

Re:If it requires multiple visits to a forum to play, it's not a good game

[Post New]by auntGan on Feb 25, 10 1:52 AM
Hi, Mrs,Moe53!! Welcome to the pond!!
I haven't played that game, but I DO understand
how you feel! I won't play a game if I end up having
to get help several times----it makes it too stressful
for me! You might go to customer service (the green
envelope on the right side of this page). I don't know
what they could do to help, but at least you could bring
it to their attention. They've always been responsive
to everyone. Good luck, and again, welcome!!

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 25, 10 2:06 AM
Welcome to the pond Mrsmoe!!

Would that other game you are refering to be "Remedy"? I really don't like that game.
Sorry you are having trouble, but hang in there. There are alot of really good games at BF. But sometimes you do get one that makes you nuts .

[Post New]by chantal1958 on Oct 31, 10 6:05 PM
I agree with you 100%. I'm used with this type of games. I made all Nancy Drew and Return to the mysterious island and they are more logical. I really don't like this game. I always need to go to the walkthrough.

Mr_Krabs
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Krabs on Nov 11, 10 7:49 PM
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who finds this game annoying. I got as far as Chapter 5 and couldn't be bothered anymore. Besides using the Big Fish walkthroughs, which I love, I also sometimes use the Universal Hint System. I was using UHS for this game and became increasingly convinced that a lot of the puzzles were absolutely irrelevant to the progress of the game - the main thing seemed to be walking round the house and grounds talking to people. And as for that walking around the grounds - how confusing can you get? Even with a kindly-supplied map, I still kept getting lost.

And when it got to the stage where I was trying to assemble the bee smoker (had to get UHS help for this, besides about ten thousand other things - talk about counter-intuitive) and that incredibly prissy hero kept telling me these things didn't go together, I just thought, "Why am I putting myself through this? Do I care whodunnit? No I do not."

ljjdone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ljjdone on Apr 25, 11 3:06 PM
i agree there should b hints in the game ..

jordies
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jordies on Jun 12, 11 3:25 AM
I agree too. I was stuck on this game for months!!!!

But i did found the ultimate solution. All i had ti do was watch the walkthrough on youtube. It helped ALOT.

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Aug 8, 11 5:16 AM
To be honest I didn't need a walkthrough on this game once, and I didn't seem to have the glitches and issues others are reporting, but I did buy mine on disc not download - could that be the difference? It wasn't the greatest game, I agree, but I did find it quite interesting and I do like a challenge. I enjoyed Dire Grove, but it wasn't even remotely a challenge, it took me two and a quarter hours with the bonus content. Which for me wasn't really good value for money. I like at least four hours gaming for a fiver or more.

Go to: