Is this a keeper?

Is this a keeper?

[Post New]by gemini_uk on Feb 25, 10 1:38 AM
Not really challenging enough to keep me entertained. The story line was okay and the graphics were good but it the game showed you practically step by step what needed to be achieved so didn't leave you with much of a challenge to fulfill. I only played the trial for 15 mins then got bored.

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

Re:Is this a keeper?

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Feb 25, 10 2:00 AM
Don't give up on this game it has about 20 levels.
Plus the new fishes might want to try it.
some might like it some won't!!
I am going to buy it after my free hour is over!!

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 25, 10 2:15 AM
Welcome to the pond gemini_uk!!!

I've DL'd it but haven't played yet. But games that hold your hand and tell you what to do every stepof the way aren't any fun but I will give it a go and see.
Thanks for the heads up!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 25, 10 3:10 AM
Looks like on the walkthrough that the tutorial is only on the first level. Maybe after that you're on your own for a challenge. However, if suddenly I see a bookcase blocking a door it is obvious I'm going to have to find a way to move it. So, my point is, what difference does it make if she says at the bottom I'm going to have to move that to get out? Is she hand holding or just reading my mind? LOL. You don't have to read it just click it off.

Personally I could use a little help finding something that opens a balloon or sparkles. On that island I got no change in cursor, and I was using the custom one, and wore out my finger on those random clickoramas. That;s what I didn't like about Treasure Seekers either, too much random clicking on that first beach about to give up in the timed demo and just "happened" to click on a rock. You have to use Help to get any sparkles so no, I don't see this as hand holding. I'd rather have a list of things to find.

Nice clear graphics tho, too much guesswork for me.

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 3:13:20 AM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Feb 25, 10 5:33 AM
I tried to play this game on another site & it bored me to death , I couldn't finish the demo .So not a keeper for me ..

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Feb 25, 10 5:38 AM
i played this and finished it yesterday, i liked it and yes it could have been alittle more challenging and the mini's also a bit more challenging, but i thought all in all it was a good game, IMO well worth the 6.99 price.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 25, 10 5:40 AM
i guess blackie, purps and myself are the minorities here lol. i am really enjoying this game, of course i love games like this, i just got to the island which begins chapter 3 took 34 minutes, i did buy it at that point i don't see any hand holding, but you do have to search for things to open however i didn't have to click everywhere.

so to me this is a keeper.

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 5:41:30 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 25, 10 7:24 AM
I have bought this game also today, great game. Thanks, and nevosoft!

Oneaddie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Oneaddie on Feb 25, 10 7:46 AM
Too much 'BUSY" work for me and not enough fun. Does that make sense? I will skip this one

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Feb 25, 10 7:58 AM
I've tried the demo and am enjoying this game very much. I like a game that gives me a little bit of challenge without stressing me out to the point I have to go to a walkthrough. It's really no fun to follow someone's directions to play a game. If things are too hard to find it becomes work rather than relaxation. This new punch card thing will keep me from buying the game until the first of the month. I've already bought 12 this month and don't think I can fill up another card so I will wait a few days but will definitely buy this one.

Dragonella
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Dragonella on Feb 25, 10 11:06 AM
Not for me, no challenge.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 25, 10 8:27 PM
One word: BORING.

Or maybe a few more: Trite, cliche'd, and BORING.

And the music was: BORING.

I give this one about 2 stars out of 10. I didn't even want to know what happened to the Bimbo.

chet412
Clownfish
Clownfish
655 Posts

[Post New]by chet412 on Feb 25, 10 9:33 PM
I agree with all the negative posts. The game was too easy.

The only positive thing about the game was the graphics.

Some players will probably enjoy this game(I'm just not one of them).

I'm sorry about being negative,but it's just my opinion.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 26, 10 12:46 AM
Is this game a Keeper??? In my book, Yes. It is hard enough to be a challange, but easy enough to not have to go to a walkthrough. It took me a level or so to figure out the game and to figure out where the next circle of items is located.

It is a little dark, but hey, that seems to be they way so many HOGs are. As for the music, I usually turn it way down or totally off as I have the TV on at the same time.

It is only a few days until the EOM so will hold off on buying until Monday. Have already filled two cards this month.

I do have games I go back to time and time again, this one is not one of them. This is a game I know I will only play One time. But hey, it is cheaper than going to the movies.

So to sum it up, I will give this one a Seattle only one thumb up.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Feb 26, 10 7:44 AM
I liked this game. It is what it is.... Lately, I found that all these IHOG's are basically the same. Campfire: legends, Mystery Case ire Grove were two really good IHOG's . I play them for that reason, they are relaxing, short and entertaining. If I want to play a "real game" I play Max Payne or Tomb Raider series.

[Post New]by lindala1955 on Feb 26, 10 3:42 PM
I have 18 minutes left of the demo and I really like the game. I own treasure seekers and like the style of the games. It's a buy for me!!

[Post New]by StillBuffi on Feb 27, 10 6:21 AM

And the music was: BORING.

I give this one about 2 stars out of 10. I didn't even want to know what happened to the Bimbo. :thumbdown.

I play a lot at night while my husband sleeps next to me so I use headphones. After a while they give me a headache so I mostly don't even use them. Obviously, then, it doesn't matter to me what kind of music a game has. Boring or wonderful--I won't hear it any way, so music isn't a game breaker for me. I wonder: would you good people really not play a game if you didn't like the music?

Luna_71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Luna_71 on Mar 1, 10 2:41 PM
Hell yeah it's a keeper!

Love the graphics ... the music is funky & unobtrusive ... i like getting the hints ... the objects are hidden well but not diabolical ... loving the demo - I'm buying it!

[Post New]by lindam1142 on Mar 3, 10 1:22 PM
Dumb way for game to end! Need more variety in levels. Sorry I bought game

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Mar 4, 10 7:26 AM
I used my credit and so sorry as most of the objects are so hidden that you have to either click the whole screen numerous times or use a hint. And the story line is boring. Don't bother.

Go to: