bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Escape from Lost Island technical issues

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 25, 10 1:47 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

Re:Escape from Lost Island technical issues

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Feb 25, 10 1:52 AM
The game freezes .I am losing time in my free hour.this is not fair!!!!

Sadie1230
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sadie1230 on Feb 25, 10 2:08 AM
The game has frozen twice for me: first when I collected the twenty parrots and second when putting together the door puzzle. The only solution is to go to Task Manager, end the game and start over. Also, it does not save where you were last but instead puts you back to the catapult on the ship. Not a buy for me, not even a play the whole demo although I was really enjoying it for a few minutes.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Feb 25, 10 6:25 AM
It seems like nearly every day now when I check the TGT, there is a technical issue. What is going on?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 25, 10 7:09 AM
slm1948 wrote:It seems like nearly every day now when I check the TGT, there is a technical issue. What is going on?

The moderators put on this thread for each Tgt only as a precaution, if a technical error should arise with a player. It does not mean that a game has technical errors.

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 7:15:49 AM PST

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Feb 25, 10 11:06 AM
I realized that a lot of people also come and post 'no problems' - which is, imho, deceiving. So you look at the thread of three pages, and think WOW look at the problems, go to read them, and there ya go - tons of people posting .. 'I didn't have a problem'. So, I suggest, if you don't have a problem don't post.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 25, 10 2:13 PM
Finally a GH game that I could use a credit on before I cancel my account with them...wouldn't ya know that BF would get it a day after I got it elsewhere...anyway, I played the game and was almost through, had to shut down, and when I went back in, my profile was gone and I would have to start the game all over again. Was I po'd? You betcha. I usually play a game to finish once I start but once in awhile, especially on a day that I have to work that night, I play to see if I like it. This game was ok, but not one that I would enjoy replaying immediately...nothing changes, all is the same, and I just don't care for immediate reruns.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Feb 25, 10 2:21 PM
After 20 minutes I was still in the ship's cabin unable to do anything. I had to powerdown the PC - not even ctl/alt/del would work.

It took forever to load each screen - and all I'd see is a black screen. I did watch the story lead-in and the movments of her hand taking down the photos & the people partying on deck were very jerky. And it took SO long to uninstall I started to fret.

I did find it interesting that when I brought the PC back up I still had 60 minutes to play.

It's probably my old PC and there are lots of other games I'm thinging about to make my six for February. I don't have to deal with this one I guess. But it's too bad - I like this kind of game and it's another lost sale for BFG.

The same game is on GH - has anyone tried the game from there?

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Feb 25, 10 11:41 PM
i enjoyed the trial and ended up buying the game. When it installed put me back at begining. Played the game again got to where you get arthritis from clicking on a gold coin to get it up some air bubbles when it just closed itself completely. I went back to the game and guess what.....THE DAMN GAME DID NOT SAVE!!! IT TOOK ME RIGHT BACK TO THE BEGINING.

DO NOT BUY UNTIL THEY FIX SAVING ISSUE UNLESS YOU WANT TO KEEP REPLAYING IT.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 26, 10 6:33 AM
I have only had that happen with a few games....hate it when it doesn't save, especially when I get almost to the end. Hope someone does fix this flaw, even though I won't be replaying this one for awhile.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Feb 26, 10 5:20 PM
One problem I had with this game was a case of images not loading properly.

The background image would sort of be there but it would have patches of colour and a few lines running across the screen but I could still click.

I decided to save and quit to the menu, I then pressed play and it took me back to where I was but without above said issues.

There were times that the objects I was looking for would not be in the circle so it was mostly guess work on some levels.

Not a game for me, too many problems.

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on Feb 26, 10 5:25 PM
Got nothing but squiggles..had to use the Task Manager to close the game..bummer

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Feb 26, 10 8:24 PM
I'm still running XP(Pro), and have almost never had tech problems. Except for ONE time with video card incompatibility>

Blame Microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Feb 26, 10 8:36 PM
This game kept freezing up on me, even task manager wouldn't come up. It took so long to load between scenes that it just wasn't worth the bother. Too bad.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Feb 26, 10 8:36 PM
This game kept freezing up on me, even task manager wouldn't come up. It took so long to load between scenes that it just wasn't worth the bother. Too bad.

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Feb 26, 10 8:49 PM
RainbowElf wrote:One problem I had with this game was a case of images not loading properly.

The background image would sort of be there but it would have patches of colour and a few lines running across the screen ...

I had essentially the same thing happen. The cut scenes would have this. The game looked promising, but not gonna happen. from me too.

Edited on 02/26/2010 at 8:50:13 PM PST

sheneya
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sheneya on Mar 7, 10 10:12 AM
If I click directly on an image it doesn't register, I'm always having to click at a certain point below the image for it to do so, it takes up my time because I have to click until I've found the perfect point to click on.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 25, 10 11:59 PM
"Played the game again got to where you get arthritis from clicking on a gold coin to get it up some air bubbles when it just closed itself completely. I went back to the game and guess what.....THE DAMN GAME DID NOT SAVE!!!"

grrrr...I had the same exact problem except I had saved it earlier at the point where you had to fit the pieces into the images (pyramids, boxes, etc.). I went back in and picked it up from there but boy was I mad when I found out that I was actually at the end of the game after getting to that same point and just skipping that puzzle. It showed you the black and white story screen then it pretty much took you right back to the sign in screen. I could have gone to bed an hour ago. Now to go get some sleep. .

I should alway follow my gut instinct and check the forums first. Thanks fishies!

Go to: