bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 25, 10 1:48 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by jillehouston on Feb 25, 10 5:46 AM
I do not have sound either. My computer is up to date...and don't understand why there is no sound. UGh!!!!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 25, 10 6:48 AM
Tried twice, froze twice, had to Ctrl, alt, del out.

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Feb 25, 10 7:48 AM
I was having 2 problems...one was no sound...checked my computer and found the problems was with MY settings (no idea how they changed since last night) but fixed that problem.

The second was my mouse wouldn't work to start or exit the game. I found out that for some reason if I point under and to the right of the objects (play and exit buttons, objects in the game play itself) is the only way to play the game. Kind of a pain in the **** so I won't be getting this game.

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Feb 25, 10 11:44 AM
I'm having a problem too. Played the demo okay and liked it. Bought it and the mouse is not working. The yellow bar at the begining which offers game play.. pick from pictures was not there so the mouse didn't work. Rebooted my PC same thing again. Uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm unable to use the mouse on the yellow bars that have not appeared. What a mess!! and I just bought it ten mins ago.
First time in 8 years I have to contact cust.service. I'm miffed!

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Feb 25, 10 12:15 PM
had the same problem as cll1950.. froze and had to ctrl alt delete out.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 25, 10 1:29 PM
cll1950 wrote:Tried twice, froze twice, had to Ctrl, alt, del out.

Cherieaa
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Cherieaa on Feb 25, 10 1:57 PM
Mine froze up 3 times at the very opening.........uninstalled and reinstalled......same thing. Computer is up to date and not having any problems with any of the games I have currently loaded. Wish I could play it sounds like a fun game.

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Feb 25, 10 4:21 PM
Hi,
I was reading some of the other comments in other posts for this game. I saw a couple of people suggested using the game's mouse curser for those having a problem with the mouse and clicking.

I haven't tried it yet but plan to tonight.

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Feb 25, 10 5:16 PM
I just downloaded the demo and it says "trial expired!" LOL!

Oh well. I'll uninstall and try reinstalling again tomorrow or over the weekend.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 25, 10 5:50 PM
Amazingly, I have had no issues with game freezing or crashing. I've played 18 minutes thus far, and like it very much

kakki23
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by kakki23 on Feb 25, 10 10:55 PM
I just played the free whole hour & had no problems. I love the game. It's interesting & a little different. I think I'll buy. Some of the items are easy & some are hard. I like the inter play between some of the objects.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Feb 26, 10 2:47 AM
Have just one problem...no sound,
Would buy, if there was a fix.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 26, 10 3:31 AM
I got sound, but the game was unplayable. My cursor lagged, stuttered and froze completely. The Strategy Guide was annoyingly useless, claiming that I needed to download Active10X when I'd downloaded and installed that for another game last week. The hints meter did not work, and there were no instructions for the first mini-game.

I signed out long before the trial period expired and uninstalled it just to get my computer working again.

All in all, it was one of the worst games I've ever played. On a scale of one to ten, this one is a negative eleven.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Feb 26, 10 4:36 AM
The only problem I had was in the extra chapter after finishing the game. In order to "back out" of certain currently unplayable rooms or scenarios, I found out through trial & error (mostly error) that you must place your cursor within the lower "laundry list" field and click.
I had set my cursor as system cursor, that may have been a factor.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Feb 26, 10 6:49 PM
The problem I am having is after the game download it gets stuck on saving file. I have tried downloading the game twice, with the same results.

[Post New]by lexiejean on Feb 27, 10 3:17 AM
Kayen59 wrote:The problem I am having is after the game download it gets stuck on saving file. I have tried downloading the game twice, with the same results.

[Post New]by leimark37 on Feb 28, 10 7:35 AM
I have almost finished the game but I can not pick up the pilot's helmet. Help.

[Post New]by pariah164 on Mar 1, 10 12:40 AM
I can't access the Strategy Guide! All I get is a white screen. Help, please!

daithi
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by daithi on Mar 1, 10 6:59 AM
I am also having problems with sound and cursor. I exited the game and uninstalled it and downloaded it again. I am using the system cursor but that is not helping.

There have been a lot of games with dodgy cursors lately and it is a real pain in the backside. Come on can you not get back to the developers and tell them that this is not acceptable particularly when people are buying six games a month.

Daithi

Go to: