lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Oh Boy has this game been tested

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 25, 10 2:47 AM
I bought this game on the strength of the last game. It looks like a few problems with me. The delay on the start is that slow. I had to find 20 parrots that I found then it came up I had to find them. (I had already found them it said 20 I found Yes 22 then it asked if I want to skip, Well I had found them but to get any further Yes I had to skip.
Every chapter I seem to wait ages before I can play. A real delay.
But also going into Big Fish all my screen writing is also large I have a 23"monitor but this page does not fit on the screen I have to use the slide arrow to see full page. I did not think it was my computer as it is all updated. But I did try and do "alt tab" on a previous game and nothing happened it hung and had to close down and re boot.

But this game seems very amatureish even the scenes are very lame.

Cheers
lineck

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Re:Oh Boy has this game been tested

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 25, 10 6:08 AM
Well after a close down and restart my computer is okay again, but I have never played such a frustrating game. The mini games are quite good but I played the pipes and then it stopped and I had to skip but I wanted to retry it only gave me a few tries and becase (thinking I ws smart I put a stopper at the start and started moving the hoses from the bottom. Well that was that. The I had to throw a hanger up by click and realses again a skip it would not got where I want, the again I sit and wait until it changes. I even get a message to say I should do something but I had already done it. The delay before each part is so frustrating. Not a very well developed game in my opinion, not near to scratch like the others. I am not happy with the performance of the game, and it is a pity if they had done more house-keeping the game could have been a lot better.

lineck

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 25, 10 7:15 AM
Go to your shortcut for the game and right click properties, change the window size from whatever you have it on to normal, then click apply and ok. I think that should help you see the entire screen.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 25, 10 7:23 AM
I haven`t problems with the game, sorry lineck.

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Feb 25, 10 12:00 PM
Im right there with you Lineck. I had the same problem with the parrots and MAN!!! the load time was 2 solid minutes for me before a scene would load. How frustrating.

[Post New]by chalkiemonster on Feb 25, 10 1:08 PM
I've played for about 15 minutes but have given up, its just so slow. I also hate games where you click on something and those little circles open up and you have to find things to put in them. I wont be buying.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 25, 10 1:52 PM
Hey Fishies!

If you're experiencing a very slow load time it might help to double check that your DirectX and display drivers are all up to date. Click here for a help article that explains how to run these updates.

If you're already running the most recent updates and are still experiencing a problem, please send a ticket in to Customer Support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

mysticmomma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by mysticmomma on Mar 3, 10 12:33 PM
Well my problem happens after i play the parrot mini game. I move on to the next scene and my computer shuts down. I uninstalled and downloaded again and same problem. This doesnt happen with any other game. Is it a setting i can change? I have plenty of space for the game..

Please give me some suggestions on what i can do as i really like what ive been able to play so far and i bought the game so would like to play lol.

Go to: