bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Your comments and reviews for Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 25, 10 9:54 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by Mamalita on Feb 25, 10 12:38 PM
I really like that the strategy guide is so easy to access. I've only checked it once, with the blueprint in Germany, but I appreciated not having to jump through a lot of hoops to get to it.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 25, 10 12:42 PM
When finished, can anybody please fill us in about the extra gameplay content? Are there any bonus levels? Or is it just a third char that you can play?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 25, 10 1:24 PM
Checked it. So, the bonus contents are:

* One Level in England including 26 tasks (regular game: 5 levels)
* Strategy Guide (game starts out easy, so not sure if that's needed)
* about 12 artworks
* about 12 desktop wallpapers in 4 resolutions each (seem the same pics as the artworks)

Bottom Line: Buy the CE for the Extra Level if you want it, the rest doesn't seem worth it.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Feb 25, 10 2:34 PM
Thanks Laflamme - I was wondering about that - have you played the extra?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 25, 10 3:57 PM
No, Captain Duzer, I could not, the bonus content unlocks after you finish the game. I looked that up in the embedded strategy guide, trying not to read to much for spoiler reasons.

Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Feb 25, 10 4:29 PM
This was the first game in this series I have played. I played it on trial version, I know nothing of the extras.
This was a sweet hidden object game story wise, but I am just not a fan of the pop up menus to find objects.
Other than that I thought it a clever game.

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 4:30:02 PM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 25, 10 5:51 PM
I've only played 18 minutes worth so far, but I am enjoying it I like that they included not just the pop-up areas with items you need to look for, but also regular hidden-object areas. Very nice for an IHOG lover like me

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 25, 10 7:02 PM
I too enjoyed the trial version. However it has been my experience that the "Collectors Editions" are rarely if ever worth the extra $$. I would prefer to buy 3 games than to spend the extra for one extra level or one extra character to play as. Again it is only my humble opinion... :

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Feb 25, 10 9:30 PM
AWESOME GAME! Tired after work, I played the relaxed mode. It had a nice flow and just the right amount of challenge without being frustrating. Best of all I never felt it left me hanging and wandering around aimlessly like some other ones.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 26, 10 2:17 AM
I played almost all of the Demo and truly enjoyed the game. I am not a big fan of drop down HOGs but this one has other features I do like.

Bottom line. i did not try the Stratagy Guide, but in truth, is the Collectors Edition truly worth the extra money?? For 1.01 more, I can buy 3 games. I know this is a game I would not play more than once .. again is it worth the extra $$$???

The jury is still out, but at this point, i think I will wait until the regular version comes out.

Edited on 02/26/2010 at 2:18:48 AM PST

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Feb 26, 10 2:58 AM
I have enjoyed very much the 2 previous games and the demo of this one.
All 3 games do not need too much reference to walkthrough
or strategy guide.
Could be wrong about this one, played only demo.
This game is a definite buy, but I think I will hold off till the regular
version is available.

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Feb 26, 10 5:54 AM
Great game I love it but again I am waiting for the cheaper version. As others are saying 3 for 1 is a better deal.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Feb 26, 10 8:54 AM
genkicoll wrote:I've only played 18 minutes worth so far, but I am enjoying it I like that they included not just the pop-up areas with items you need to look for, but also regular hidden-object areas. Very nice for an IHOG lover like me

Have to agree, I bought the CE before finishing the trial - even though I really shouldn't have spent the extra money. I love this series of games and each one seems to get better.

Jan

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Feb 26, 10 8:54 AM
after 10 mins play I know I will buy it as soon as the regular version is out. Really look forward to it.

chet412
Clownfish
Clownfish
655 Posts

[Post New]by chet412 on Feb 26, 10 9:49 AM
I loved "Treasure Seekers" 1 & 2, but I'll wait for the non CE version.

Some of my friends jokingly say "You're so cheap that when you walk your shoes squeak". LOL

Edited on 02/26/2010 at 12:41:26 PM PST

BoboKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by BoboKat on Feb 26, 10 11:57 AM
I'm with you Chet412! I really liked the other Treasure Seekers, but my shoes squeak too! lol. I'll wait a couple more weeks to get the regular.
BoboKat

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Feb 26, 10 3:53 PM
This is a great addition to the Treasure Seekers series. I did the demo for it and they have made some changes since then. Things flow a little smoother and the initial instructions are clearer, among other things.

I don't mind the pop-ups since I'm used to them from the previous games. I like that one thing leads naturally to the other and that you have to think a little to figure it all out.

I played on the harder setting and the only thing I noticed was that the Skip for mini-games never fully loaded before I actually finished the puzzle. But for later puzzles, if they get harder, I might need the skip.

I liked the graphics (similar to the previous games) and the story line. Not too much chatter and conversation with an option to skip it all if you wanted to. Which I love.

In all, this is a great game and one I'll definitely be buying.

jojo170968
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by jojo170968 on Feb 26, 10 4:14 PM

I've just finished the free trial and this is definitely one for me to buy, but I'm with a few other people so far and will wait for the regular version to be released.

I bought the Collectors Edition of MCF Dire Grove and felt that it was worth every penny but was sorely disappointed with the CE of Dark Tales Edgar Allan Poe Murder in the Rue Morgue. Since that fiasco I think i'll keep my money and wait a few weeks.

pocojazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pocojazz on Feb 26, 10 11:48 PM
I bought collector's edition and wish I would've waited for regular. This is a good game and I love the integrated strategy guide concept. I played the demo first and really liked it. It has hog elements, a little different than the other two, but still popups of things to find as well as hog scenes.

No technical issues for me, no slow game play, jerky cursors etc. I have had these problems with a few games in the past.

The reason I wish I would've waited? This is a pretty short game imho. I played the first chapter in demo and had gotten into 2nd chapter. There are only 5 chapters if anybody is interested. This is a pretty easy game but its fun and the storyline is good as in all treasure seekers.

It seems to me the 1st TS game was the longest by far. I thought the 2nd TS game was pretty short. This one may be a smidge longer than the 2nd one but not enough for the $20 price tag. Good news is it pushed me past my 2nd or 3rd punch card so all things considered I am not too disappointed.

Poco

Go to: