Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Moai IV: Terra Incognita here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 31, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/17/2016 at 4:29:04 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Moai IV: Terra Incognita here.

[Post New]by dailyprofit10 on Jul 31, 16 1:55 AM
Hello,

Can't start this game.
After starting the game an Error message:

'Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "dbghelp.dll", function "SymGetLineFromAddrW64" (error 0)'

Win XP

Edited on 07/31/2016 at 1:56:00 AM PST

hope4peace
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by hope4peace on Jul 31, 16 6:00 AM
SAME ERROR AS CE. i was soooo hoping to play this. My trusted big fish (ion thunder) has let me down once again.
"tried to read from 0x00527E30." Only the numbers have changed from the collectors edition. Error is word for word the same.
These problems used to be fixed in a timely manner, now they are just ignored....game after game. Sad.

[Post New]by kzdrtd on Jul 31, 16 10:19 AM
Having same problem as other members have described just purchased Moai IV game will not download saying corrupt file and same issues as others members are having have never had this problem before have Win XP have been a member a very long time but don't know about staying one This is the third ot fourth email I have sent regarding this and I also called, stil no help.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 31, 16 10:31 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Access Violation

If you are receiving a message about missing a DLL file, receiving error 126, or an error that starts with 'Cannot find import', the following might be helpful to try:

Error 126

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible. If you receive an automated response, be sure to reply to it if you still need assistance. Replying directly will make sure that you receive personalized support.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jul 31, 16 5:27 PM
Also get same error message as CE, which I reported a month ago. No attempt to correct the problems by developer before SE released? Very disappointing.

JajsMother
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by JajsMother on Jul 31, 16 7:32 PM
I cannot believe we have been reporting problems for a month and no effort has made to rectify them. Now you are having more people purchase this software knowing it's defective. This was my first purchase since ending my subscription, it's been a month--asking for a refund and won't be back. This is unreal.

lacard
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lacard on Aug 2, 16 12:10 PM
I still have Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire. The game downloaded and installed. But, when I used the game cursor, the game dragged so badly that I sometimes wasn't sure where I had clicked. The little workers just ran around. I unchecked the game cursor and it ran better. But there's still a lag when I build a field or whatever. Never had that on the past Moai games. It really breaks up the play rhythm. I'm disappointed because I really enjoyed and bought the past Moai games. Wonder what happened this time?

lell3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by lell3 on Aug 2, 16 1:15 PM
Get access violation at 0x00527E30
Why?
Using windows vista

Edited on 08/02/2016 at 1:16:03 PM PST

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Aug 2, 16 5:47 PM
Windows XP. Installed, uninstalled, installed again. DLL error. Changed browser from Google Chrome to IE8, still gets DLL error. Will not be buying this game.

katiek

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Aug 5, 16 7:15 AM
PC win7.
Could not use SE-version due to access violation and had hoped for better.
Have downloaded regular trail version and Get access violation at 0x00527E30.
Not used to this error or why this particular developer have taken this long to react as their games have always worked for me. BF, take a stand and have the developer do "something" or remove it (the game)!

[Post New]by roudasu on Aug 6, 16 8:45 AM
PC XP

DLL missing or corrupt - error 0...... I've reloaded many times. Can I get credit if you can't get this to work?

[Post New]by beckych2 on Aug 17, 16 4:22 PM
On level 34 it says I need to feed all the crabs. When the task box says I have 6 left I can only find 5 and the starfish needed at that point was at 7 so I am short a crab and was given an extra starfish. I can't get past the level because of this glitch. =(

[Post New]by tinaw4227 on Aug 22, 16 3:28 PM
error 0x00527E30 Looks to me like no one cares to fix it. I will just delete the game and give it up to a lost cause. BTW I have also down loaded the same game on Game House with the same issue.

[Post New]by starlight4unow42 on Aug 25, 16 7:08 PM
On level 34 it says I need to feed all the crabs. When the task box says I have 6 left I can only find 5 and the starfish needed at that point was at 7 so I am short a crab and was given an extra starfish. I can't get past the level because of this glitch. =(

nerdynana
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nerdynana on Aug 29, 16 10:57 AM
level 17: found shield but it won't activate. I've played the level twice now... I'm playing on OS win 10. Whazzup? Glitch in the coding?

tmahler
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by tmahler on Oct 31, 16 8:04 AM
As all the below players reported, I cannot get this game to run. I want a refund.

[Post New]by Liz_Sal2012 on Nov 1, 16 4:28 PM
On Level 41 every time I get about halfway through the level I get kicked out of the game and it just shuts down. Anyone else having this issue? Any fixes for this?

[Post New]by Purple2762 on Dec 3, 16 1:51 PM
I keep getting an error about 3/4 into Level 44 that reads the game has stopped working. So I can't finish the level to move onto the next.
I've had no trouble with the game up to this point.
I'm playing on Windows 10 on an HP 15 Laptop.
Can you please tell me what to do to fix this issue?

Go to: