I can't find her friends!

[Post New]by harrypotterfan72 on Feb 25, 10 11:30 AM
I destroyed the orb but now I can't find the group. I thought they said Peliad. Can anyone help me?

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

Re:I can't find her friends!

[Post New]by STL531 on Feb 25, 10 12:10 PM
In the library in Peliad... top floor.

eliwin1021
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by eliwin1021 on Feb 27, 10 8:00 AM
but it takes you there automatically after smashing the orb... then the game ends so you can't look for them

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Feb 27, 10 10:32 AM
eliwin1021 wrote:but it takes you there automatically after smashing the orb... then the game ends so you can't look for them

No... you actually have to walk yourself to the library after the orb is smashed. Or at least I had to.

[Post New]by songsmith2003 on Feb 27, 10 10:41 AM
Yep, I had to walk there, too. I'm lucky Mel didn't get offed by a stupid snake on the way back since I forgot she was down to 2 hit points.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 27, 10 2:35 PM
The initial version on BFG had you walk to the library by yourself, the updated version takes you to the library automatically.

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Feb 27, 10 4:27 PM
That's interesting... do you know the reasoning behind changing that?

Shellikins
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Shellikins on Feb 27, 10 5:04 PM
I read in another forum the developers did that so that the ending is consistent with other Orb series games. Caused problems if you tried to finish quests and such after fighting the final boss.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Feb 28, 10 5:20 AM
Actually, the reason it was changed was that Mel couldn't fight large groups of monsters alone. A lot of people were having Mel die as she traveled back to Peliad.

In some Aveyond games, you can continue after the last battle, and they were fine that way since the entire party was still together. But TLO needed to be changed.

Edited on 02/28/2010 at 5:20:58 AM PST

Go to: