genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

The Dracula Files Game UPDATED - Your New Reviews, Please!

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 25, 10 1:52 PM
From the Contest thread:

bfgOkeechobee wrote:Like everyone's favorite lord of the undead, The Dracula Files, the Gothic hidden object adventure game, has risen once more to confound the Pond with a contest and announce a new version available on the site!

According to pale-skinned winery owner Vladimir Draco, in response to feedback from players, the new version has lightened many of the scenes, found new hiding places for many objects, and gotten rid of that blasted calculator.

As a special bonus, anyone who downloads and installs the trial will receive a free digital copy of issue #1 of The Complete Dracula, no purchase necessary (a $5 value). It's an illustrated version of the beginning of Bram Stoker's novel, plus a look at his lesser-known short story, Dracula's Guest. The comic will appear on your desktop during installation.

So, I never tried the previous addition, but have downloaded the new trial and will be trying it shortly.

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 2:43:17 PM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:The Dracula Files UPDATED - Your New Reviews, Please!

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 25, 10 2:37 PM
I am 15 minutes into the game thus far. I don't care for the super-cartoony story part of the game, but the hidden object areas are lovely and challenging without being too hard.

so far!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

Re:The Dracula Files Game UPDATED - Your New Reviews, Please!

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Feb 25, 10 7:28 PM
D/l it again (hope I have time left) to see. I was one of the few ppl who thought it was OK to begin w/, so I'm interested to see Vlad's tweaking (get credit Sat LOL).

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 25, 10 7:48 PM
I finished the demo today, and the further I went, the less the cartoony story bothered me - I actually started to get into it It's not a buy-right-this-second, but it's definitely on my to-buy list.

Thanks very much for the update!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 25, 10 11:01 PM
I wanted to revisit the game, and since I have a new puter, decided to redownload the other day. Guess it was the new edition, because I was surprised to find the comic book on my desktop! Good comic book!

Haven't actually gotten around to replaying the demo, but am now more curious than ever to try it again. I, too, was one of the ones who liked it the first time. I never got around to buying it for some reason, but now I think might be the right time. I love it when developers hang out here and listen to the suggestions/complaints of the customers.

How to skip the cinematics/story screens - hit ESC

[Post New]by VladimirDraco on Feb 26, 10 1:23 PM
Hey gang,
One feature we weren't able to explicitly point out in the game (and believe me, I wish we were able to call it out), is that you can indeed skip the cinematics. Just hit the ESC key and you'll skip through it. Enjoy!

-Draco

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 10, 10 6:17 PM
VladmirDraco,

I wanted to let you know, as I stated in my original post, that I gave the game another try with the update/patch installed. Well done. I enjoyed playing it the second time around and I again applaud you for taking the time to review the concerns of BFG members and address the major issues BFG customers had with the game. We need more developers like you. Much appreciated and keep up the good work. The fact that time was taken to address customer complaints means a lot to those of us that pay money for a product; you have led by example and I hope more developers take notice and follow your lead.

Cheers,

mycatluna

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 15, 10 10:24 PM
I totally agree with the above post.

I was really looking forward to this game but didn't buy it the first time due to the negative reviews. When a new build was released I went ahead and bought it. I didn't mind the cartoony drawing. I really got into the story (I never skip story -- either reading or listening). The music is a somewhat short loop, but it isn't annoying. I liked the HOG screens. The puzzles were interesting and could be skipped. a definite plus in my book!

I really enjoyed this game and will buy the sequel. And the comic book IS cool!

Thanks for listening to us and giving us a game we can enjoy.

[Post New]by VladimirDraco on May 18, 10 7:10 AM
You're quite welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Aug 8, 10 12:00 PM
VladmirDraco,

Mycatluna sold me on buying The Dracula Files game today. I am happy to hear that you track the calls of the wild. It puts a big smile on my face.

Go to: