Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Occultus: Mediterranean Cabal here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 1, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/01/2016 at 5:41:25 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Occultus: Mediterranean Cabal here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 1, 16 5:42 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

photograph
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by photograph on Aug 1, 16 10:05 AM
Game w/n open. Error message says, couldn't switch to requested monitor resolution.

Error: Access violation at 0x0053831b (tried to read from 0x04826a51) Program terminated.

Please advise. I am using a pc.
Janet Mcgowan

Edited on 08/01/2016 at 10:06:21 AM PST

dgbtrbgh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by dgbtrbgh on Aug 1, 16 5:34 PM
I'm having the same problem as 'photograph' is having. I deleted the game and then reinstalled it. Still had the same problem. I have a HP Envoy with Windows 10. The game will not open. I can't get into the main menu to try to make any adjustments. The message that comes from microsoft says they will contact me if they find a solution. My son tried to change the resolution and was unable to do it. The initial resolution tried about 10 different resolution settings and none of them would work.The resolutions ranged from 1920 X 1080 to the last being 640 X 480.

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Aug 2, 16 3:51 PM
The interface seems odd. I don't know if this is a tech issue or not, but it affected my willingness to play the game. You don't pick things up, you shove them along. The list of objects acquired vanished, never to return. twice. ( deleted the game and downloaded it again, just to make sure. This was not fun..

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Aug 2, 16 5:40 PM
Daxadillion: this game requires a drag-and-drop with everything, including inventory items. The drop zone though is a bit unusual; the mouse pointer from bringing an item from inventory onto the "zone" (eg placing a key in a lock) is -- from my experience -- based on where the key is and not where the hand/action icon is.

This creates a great deal of challenge -- and possible frustration. I did actually finish the game & the only item that I skipped was the "checker" board mini-game.

You can either find this as "challenging" or "otherwise." Personally, I found it challenging although a tad irritating at times.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Aug 3, 16 1:21 AM
Help! The game opens and I type in the Player name. Then the cursor does not move to the bottom of the page - so I can't even open the game!!! Playing on MacBook 10.11.6.

[Post New]by lizzanne77 on Aug 4, 16 5:25 AM
HETHIS GAME WOULD BE FUN IF YOU CAN PICK THINGS UP THE HAND SHOWS ITS PICKING IT UP BUT IT DONT IM BEGINNING TO DISLIKE THIS GAME I UNINSTALLED IT AND REINSTALLED SAME PROBLEM ON HP RUNNING SEVEN WINDOWS PLEASE SOMEONE HELP OR FIX THIS GAME

[Post New]by sam4tea on Jan 23, 17 4:21 PM
Can't download the update. Everything is up to date. Push on update button and nothing happens.

Go to: