Update ideas for the creators of this game!

[Post New]by Waymus on Aug 2, 16 12:08 PM
I have one update that I would like to see for this game. It would be a confirm button for the use of the pearls. I've lost about 60 pearls on accidental boosts or uses that I didn't want to use my pearls for. I've been trying to save them for magic fountains which has taken forever because of this. Unfortunately I have big fingers and doing this on a phone so it becomes a challenge.

Anyone else have some ideas?

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

Re:Update ideas for the creators of this game!

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 2, 16 12:28 PM
I completely agree with that. Here’s a few more which I think would add to the game:

1. Add the ability for the player to change their name in the PC version.
2. Be able to search for a player by name to visit their island. The iOS version has the ability to have Facebook friends added in addition to the 20. So, this will help PC players who want to be friends with their real friends.
3. In the Players section, show the last 5(?) visited islands.
4. Increase the number of players it is possible to follow. My preference would be to allow infinite friends and 40 players that I follow, but don't follow me back.
5. Have some way of knowing who answered your call for help. At the moment, before I send thanks, every other player who visits my island can find out who helped me. But, for me, it’s kept a secret. The dialogue could just say, "Thanks sent to X"
6. Be able to click on the smiley player icons when they have bought something in someone else's market place as another way to get to new players' islands. It would be nice if you could do this on your own marketplace, but I'm not sure how that would work, as clicking gets the money.
7. Before starting a dive, tell the player how many green stones are needed.
8. Having some sort of indication of whether a friend/follower is still playing the game. Whether it is a last played date or a days since last played, or just an indicator that says they have been inactive.
9. Have the ability to remove inactive players who follow you.
10. Have some way for a player to flag that they have stopped playing the game, so their followers know to un-follow them. This should also result in the removal of all of the players they follow.
11. Have thanks sent automatically after a set time, 48h? This would then remove inactive players who didn’t send thanks from the “I Helped” section.
12. Allow players to see their storage while visiting other islands, rather than removing the icon.
13. It would help to have some way of being able to review recent broadcast announcements.
[14. Unnecessary]
15. Upgrading the magic fountains should increase the yield. Doubling the magic output and doubling the time isn't always that beneficial. In some cases, the yield even goes down.

Edited on 08/02/2016 at 10:29:45 PM PST

GemmaJ
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by GemmaJ on Aug 2, 16 2:31 PM
Great ideas. I'd throw a big thumbs up behind all of them.

One of the most important is the ability to delete or block followers or FB friends because they are either inactive or abusive outside the game and you just don't want to see them. With 200+ FB friends in the game and fewer than 24% of them still active, this has become a major issue.

Another thing that would be very helpful is to fix the option of scrolling through markets so it doesn't skip markets.

The pearls issue is a big one, but they aren't going to fix it. You can find over 1,000 requests on this forum alone.

madrabbit
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by madrabbit on Aug 2, 16 3:21 PM
I agree with 7 of these while 2 of them already exist
# 5 go to your "helped me" list it tells you last three players that helped you
#14 if top on market NOT spinning nothing left for sale move on

#2 would love a search bar to locate players it would be helpful finding friends who do not have face book accounts

#4 would love to follow more then 12 players

#6 yes would love to Be able to press on someone's icon in a market and visit that persons land

#8 yes it would be nice to know how long ago someone has played in order to know if it would be wise to remove that player from your watch list

#12 yes auto return after 48 hrs would be nice have so many that have asked for help and seam to have stopped player father I give them that help leaving them in my list for over months

#15 yes the fountain upgrades tend to be clashing increasing both the output and doubling the time tends to make upgrading seemingly useless as you can get same amount just by returning to that fountain 2 times in that same amount of time the upgrade puts it at
It should be upgrading should increase output but NOT double the time it takes

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 2, 16 10:28 PM
madrabbit wrote:# 5 go to your "helped me" list it tells you last three players that helped you.

I wondered if that was the case, but the "I helped" lists doesn't show the last people I helped, so I had no reason to think that it worked this way for for that. But, are you sure it does? How can we possibly know?

madrabbit wrote:#14 if top on market NOT spinning nothing left for sale move on.

That wasn't my experience, but I've just gone through a load of islands and found that I was clicking too quickly on the market. If I wait a second or two, it does start spinning. That's great. Thanks for that. I will update,

GemmaJ
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by GemmaJ on Aug 2, 16 11:05 PM
Unfortunately, the "Helped Me" list doesn't always show the most recent helpers. I know the players who answered my help calls today, and neither of them are on my list. The list of people helped isn't always accurate, either. Mine has some very active players. I can go to their island myself and see that they have clicked on my icon, but they have been stuck in my queue for weeks as if they have not sent thanks.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 3, 16 12:00 AM
Thanks GemmaJ

[Post New]by AllMenAreIslands on Aug 3, 16 2:13 AM
Thumbs up to the foregoing, esp a warning for pearls. After all, the game warns us when we are about to spend the last of a crop, and that is a much less serious and easily remedied "calamity." Spending a few coins at Peter Panda to restock an empty larder shelf is nothing. But the frustration at losing hard-won pearls is clearly not resonating with developers yet.

Please understand that the ease with which pearls get accidentally spent is a huge downside, and itself motivates players to vow Not to buy pearls. When they are so easily lost, and it would be so easy to provide a warning, The result could only be fewer sales. I've seen people say they won't spend a dime.

Make the game more user friendly vis-a-vis the pearls and you will likely see a rise in sales. Perhaps it seems counter intuitive, but it is about respect. Respect that players value the pearls and don't want to waste them, and that if there is protection against unwanted use of the pearls, players will feel confident about buying pearls because they know they will have full control over their use. Design that warning message, please.

Arachnea
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Arachnea on Aug 3, 16 9:36 AM
I agree with most of the points TMGamer99 asked for.
I would add one more:

The material used to upgrade the storage shouldn't be put in the storage !
You usually upgrade it in order to put more items, but it works for only a very short time:

- the upgrade is only 20 more items; after a while the material needed is much more than 20 ! So, each time you upgrade because there are more and more new fruits and vegetables, you actually struggle even more because you need so much material to upgrade. For example: going for 400, you need 45 crates. And until you reach that amount, they eat up too much storage.

So please, put the crates in the special items storage (with the runes).

Edited on 08/03/2016 at 9:38:34 AM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 3, 16 9:52 AM
Storage is one of the biggest frustrations for me, so I completely agree with Arachnea's suggestion.

I'd also like the 3 upgrade boxes to be more balanced in the frequency they come up.

Edited on 08/03/2016 at 9:54:28 AM PST

GemmaJ
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by GemmaJ on Aug 3, 16 10:23 AM
I've always thought increases in storage should be a benefit of leveling up.

Arachnea
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Arachnea on Aug 3, 16 12:17 PM
Ooh JemmaJ, I like your input !!!

It could be either a benefit of leveling up or/and be a benefit with what you buy. For example, when you buy a farm patch = +2 storage; when you de-curse a machine like the magic forest (log maker) = + 2 storage; when you buy a machine (juicer, oven,...) = + 2 storage. And for the fun of the game, the devs could keep the villagers exchanging goods for crates for 5 or 10 storage, becoming more expensive each time like now, but obviously with the crates stored in a separate area !

I'm not good at math, but I'm sure the devs could find a suitable and well balanced system, much less frustrating than the one we have now. I find that's the only bothering thing - with the cost of the diving lantern - in anotherwise wonderful game .

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Aug 3, 16 2:24 PM
Would love for the balloons the little people release would give us more time. I have a mouse with a wheel on it and if I'm scrolled either all the way out or all the way in and have to adjust it to see all the balloons, by then most are all gone.
Maybe you younger fishes can move fast but I need a little more time.

Edited on 08/03/2016 at 2:27:10 PM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 5, 16 11:54 AM
This is something incredibly minor and probably only annoys me. But I would be very happy with the removal of the noise and message telling me I can't move something that I didn't intend to move in the first place.

Stormy9
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Stormy9 on Aug 5, 16 12:09 PM
TMGamer99 wrote:This is something incredibly minor and probably only annoys me. But I would be very happy with the removal of the noise and message telling me I can't move something that I didn't intend to move in the first place.

Me, too!!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 5, 16 12:17 PM
While in the market please make it so if someone has all 12 baskets purchased that you can see them all at once without having to scroll to the side to see the last two.

The issue is that every time I scroll to view the last two baskets on the right the screen will lock up. You can't make a purchase (nothing happens when you click the items for sale) and you can't exit out of that window. You must use the escape key then exit the game altogether and re-open the game to get it all working again.

Because of this I have not been able to view all the items in a friends market (several have all twelve baskets available) potentially missing out on something I may really need. I would love to have an additional two baskets myself but don't want to be the cause of another player encountering the same problem in my market.

GemmaJ
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by GemmaJ on Aug 5, 16 1:52 PM
silver_hawk, I think you're dealing with a glitch that requires tech support. That shouldn't be happening. Some markets have 40+ baskets, and even in those you shouldn't be getting stuck like that.

[Post New]by chloe18 on Aug 5, 16 4:35 PM
GemmaJ wrote:I've always thought increases in storage should be a benefit of leveling up.

Totally agree!! But Yeh instead we have to fill up storage collecting the items required to increase storage and the amount is higher every time!!! Honestly...who comes up with these bright ideas?!?!

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Aug 7, 16 4:38 AM
The boxes needed to upgrade now take up about 60 slots, that's if I don't have any extra. This is rediculus

[Post New]by AllMenAreIslands on Aug 7, 16 4:42 AM
Solved, only 60? I'm well past, I now need 25 of each item, total 75, in order to increase from 580 to 600.

Go to: