basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

update 8 2 2016

[Post New]by basmith12 on Aug 2, 16 8:38 PM
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THE UPDATE. I am so excited to see more levels to continue the journey! Happy gaming everyone!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:update 8 2 2016

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 3, 16 5:07 AM
Yes, yesterday's PC update seems to have added all 21 missing cities! But the number of cities that are actually available will be confirmed by the post in the PC Updates thread.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 3, 16 8:03 AM
WARNING: Do not try to unlock the new cities with vouchers unless you are prepared to lose them! I unlocked Athens and everthing is ok with that. I then went to my other game and unlocked Monaco, which is the last city available. Well, the game took my 400 vouchers and started the time countdown, but when I tried to play I got the message "DOWNLOADING ERROR- TRY AGAIN"! Tried several times to no avail! I wish I had followed my own advice and waited for the official post, but couldn't imagine my vouchers would be lost. I thought that at worst it would not let me pay and show the city as not available or something.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 3, 16 9:14 AM
Hi eli173,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us. I understand that you experienced an error when trying to use Travel Vouchers to unlock Monaco in the game. The Forum Moderation Team definitely doesn't want anyone to encounter problems or errors like this, and I've made sure to pass along your post. The appropriate team is in the process of looking into this, and the Forum Moderation Team will make sure to update the forum if we receive any relevant details on this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 3, 16 11:20 AM
Out of the 21 cities that were added, 20 were taken away, and now only Rio remains available as new content. So, not only did I lose my 400 on Monaco, but also lost the other 400 I had paid for Athens, where I was able to play several levels before they took it away. This is very disappointing, and proves that nothing has changed and the PC version is as neglected as ever. And I can't even ask for my vouchers back, (which it took many months to accumulate), because as far as I know, there is practically no customer support for the PC version. Should never have believed that they would bring it up to par with the mobile version, although the whole content is obviously there but for some unknown reason it is not being released. Because of all these problems I had started playing GD less and less, but now I'm giving up completely- fortunately there are other similar games around.

Misty_eyed1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Misty_eyed1 on Aug 3, 16 11:22 AM
Did the update. Gave me Rio...nothing else. Went to go to Rome to dig up chest...said I had to download Rome? same with Paris, Los Angeles.
Completely finished Havana so WT.....?
Should have waited. Now what...another 2 - 3 months for next fix

Edited: Eli173 and I posted same time for this one.

Because of his previous post it did stop me from using my vouchers. Thanks Eli

Edited on 08/03/2016 at 11:26:56 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 3, 16 2:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the posts here about this latest update.

Our teams are aware that some users were seeing additional cities beyond Rio de Janeiro available in the game. I do want to clarify that, at this time, Rio is the latest city available on the PC platform.

There are many different variables that go into creating, fine-tuning, and releasing content, and our teams definitely want to make sure players have fun and accessible cities to play in the game. Due to the different aspects that influence when content will be added to the game, the Forum Moderation Team doesn't receive any information on when updates will be released or what they will contain. However, I want to assure everyone here that we'll certainly make sure to post to the following thread when any new details are made available:

Update available for Gummy Drop! (PC) August 3, 2016

eli173, it sounds like some Travel Vouchers were spent on a couple of those cities that appeared, and I completely understand the concern this can cause. While I'd like to be able to assist here in the forums, they simply aren't equipped with the tools necessary to look into this. Instead, we do recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps can look further into the situation, and are always happy to help as best they can.

Misty_eyed1, I understand that some of the previous cities in the game are prompting you to download them again. This can happen after installing an update based on changes that may have been included in the new version of the game. However, while some of those cities may need to be downloaded again, this shouldn't affect your progress in the game. If you see any problems with your completed cities after re-downloading them, or are encountering any other technical issues, I suggest reaching out to the Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

Since our teams have worked to resolve that issue with the content of the update, I'm going to lock this thread. If anyone encounters any technical problems in the future, please feel free to post to the following:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! (PC) here!

Edited on 08/03/2016 at 3:09:03 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 3, 16 3:09 PM
Thank you for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: