Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Magic Maze Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Slite on Feb 26, 10 6:20 PM
First I'll confess I've only played the demo.

This is a really delightful and whimsical arcade game where your character goes around exploring a maze, shooting the "baddies" and collecting power-ups and treasure. There's a map which the player can choose to look at or hide so there's no chance of really getting lost.

There are twelve levels and each level adds at least one new twist (from what I've seen and heard about). Based on other's comments I think the game should last at least an hour and a half up to about three hours. If that is not your experience, please chime in.

One repeated criticism I'm reading with the game is that it is too easy. I don't need a game to be super hard, but I would agree with this criticism. Being able to ramp up the difficulty a little would have made the game both more enjoyable and replayable.

The power-ups are apparently used automatically in the right situation. I'm still a bit confused by them and how they activate. They haven't behaved in a super predictable way for me.

I think I would grab this as a Daily Deal but not for full price. It's a little frustrating cuz it's almost a great arcade game. In order to be worth full price (to me) it would need to be at least half again as long, have switchable difficulty levels, and offer keyboard control for the character movement. Maybe it's all the first person shooters I've played but keyboard control feels more intuitive and therefore more immersive.

I'd love to see a fuller review from someone who has played the full game. Thanks!

paloma18
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Magic Maze Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by paloma18 on Mar 21, 10 11:19 PM
I am not good at shooting games so I am glad that this one is so called "easy". Not easy for me, just right. I just love this game!! It is taking me longer than 3 hrs. I've been playing for days. A level or 2 a day. Lots of fun.

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Magic Maze Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Slite on Mar 22, 10 5:48 AM
Glad you are having fun Paloma! I think it's a good move to make shooting/arcade games than can be played and enjoyed by people who don't play a lot of them. I just wish there was a difficulty adjustment so that more people could enjoy it more. For myself, I'd probably play it once at the current setting and then ramp it up for a second play.

Nice little gem of a game.

Go to: