Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

So I restarted- How do I avoid the glove issue again?

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Aug 3, 16 6:28 PM
Bit the bullet and restarted, losing everything. What do I need to do this time around to avoid the Margaret's house/glove issue? Thanks!

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

Re:So I restarted- How do I avoid the glove issue again?

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Aug 4, 16 12:04 AM
1. When you get the quest to find the gloves in the Doll Shop, South Dakota, don't go there. Let the quest sit in your queue until Margaret's House is open.
Don't go to SD for anything until you are able to use the gloves.

2. If you have enough gold, you can choose to open Margaret's House early.

In any case, make sure you have enough energy to play the Doll Shop and Margaret's House in one session when you decide to go for it.

Edited on 08/05/2016 at 12:34:35 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 4, 16 3:29 AM
Aunt Margaret's opens for free at level 32 - I would leave the quest, second Old Friends, Fresh Memories, to find the gloves in SD sitting there as Dirk suggests and then play the cities until you level up and then proceed. This also means not playing SD for any reason once you get to the Setting up the Doll House quests alone too until you hit level 32.

With any of the "find" quests - if you get a quest that only has the one Find in it, that means there is another "use" quest following - one workaround is to do the find and then scroll down the queue until you find the subsequent quest (generally the same character on the icon). Always make sure you have enough energy to play the Find and Use in the same sitting - it is the turning off the game between them that louses people up.

With all this said, make sure you check mail, go into the auction, or throw keys each and every time before you log off to make sure you on the server. Otherwise, you are apt to lose progress because it was not registered on the server before you log off. Lost items, upgrades started lost, FIND items flung into thin air.

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Aug 4, 16 4:51 PM
Thanks all! Will the friends I had before resurface once I open the post office back open? Or will I have to add friends again?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 4, 16 4:58 PM
Your old friends should stay but I think you have to start adding again to get the achievement for lasagna rewards.

jknwilson
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jknwilson on Aug 21, 16 11:42 PM
I deleted the game from my laptop & redownloaded it, but it kept all of my same information. How do I start a new username so I can correct the whole game?

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Aug 22, 16 12:09 AM
Detailed instructions for a restart are in this post:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/180/348276.page#6455703

copy the entire link and paste it in the address bar of your browser.

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Sep 3, 16 9:01 AM
jknwilson wrote:I deleted the game from my laptop & redownloaded it, but it kept all of my same information. How do I start a new username so I can correct the whole game?

You need to restart it within the game- it is on the settings tab.

Go to: