bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to 3 Cards to Dead Time forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 27, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to 3 Cards to Dead Time forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other 3 Cards to Dead Time players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Welcome to 3 Cards to Dead Time forum

[Post New]by LilyCat on Feb 27, 10 1:28 AM
I want to like this game, I really do! But what on earth is going on? Maybe you need to have played the previous game (which I might, if it came up as a DD, hint, hint).

But I want to play the game, not have endless cut scenes and ghostly music. I like the idea of finding object with connections to a particular word, or to each other. I like what I've seen so far of the mini games. I don't want to skip the narrative in case I miss something but so far it doesn't seem to add much to the game.

And if you click on too many wrong objects you have to replay that scene from the beginning (which I did, because I have absolutely no idea which objects are shown on Tarot cards) and that includes not only finding the objects all over again but watching all the cut scenes (you can skip them of course but they still have to load). This could get very boring!

At least all those phobics out there will know exactly where they stand right from the start LOL.

Worst of all, the screen appears to be windowed, but I couldn't close the window, and there didn't seem to be anyway of quitting the game part way through a mini game without skipping it.

There's a really good game in here struggling to get out, and I'd love to play it!

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Feb 27, 10 3:05 AM
sorry dont like this game to much dialog it boring sorry loved all the other games this week but not this one besstan

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 27, 10 3:24 AM
I am on the fence with this one got through the hour. but had no idea how that mini game was done re the coliur to the item ande people. had to skip and hate that. I am going to go back and play the first again then make up my mind,as not sure if I finished.

Cheers
lineck

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 27, 10 3:46 AM
I've just finished the demo - played relaxed mode, skipped most of the puzzles - couldn't access the instructions for the balls one - and legged it through the story. It's such a beautiful game, I will purchase it and go for the challenge mode and try and get into the story more. But you're right - the dialogue is intrusive cos it's so frequent. May be it doesn't feel that way so much in challenge mode.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Feb 27, 10 4:45 AM
No, vicalana, I was playing in Challenge mode and it was just the same.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 27, 10 4:49 AM
Beta tested this game about a month ago and have been waiting for it to come out. I just downloaded the Demo so am off to give it a try. I had not played the first game in the series until after I tested this one. I did not care for it as much as I did Dead Time. Will be back with my up-date.

Edit:

I can see where those who played Midnight first might like it better than Dead Time as they are rather different. But since I played Dead Time first, I find I did not care nearly as much for Midnight.

This is a yes for me. Love it as much as I did the first time. I have filled 2 cards this month and Monday is the 1st, so will buy then.

This is a Seattle two thumbs up for me.

Thanks BF

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 5:46:09 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 27, 10 5:13 AM
I demoed it elsewhere and have been waiting. I'll buy at the first of the month when the punch card starts over. LOVE the word game aspect of this one's hidden object play. Also, being very much into stories in games I like the depth of this as well. I haven't finished the original though and think I'll try to get that wrapped up before playing this one.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 27, 10 5:18 AM
Good tip about the punchcard, poodlebear! And when I buy it, I'll pay more attention to the story. Shame about the dialogue intruding so often in challenge mode too. Thanks for letting me know!

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Feb 27, 10 5:28 AM
It is more likes listen to her life story than playing the game.Not for me.

amlldr
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by amlldr on Feb 27, 10 5:51 AM
I am al,ost finished with the game. I feel there was way too much yapping and not enough mini games.
WAS WONDERING - Does anyone know the answers to the last questions.? The multi-choice? That way I think I will be done.
Thank you- Amlldr

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 27, 10 6:10 AM
Poodlebear wrote:I demoed it elsewhere and have been waiting. I'll buy at the first of the month when the punch card starts over. LOVE the word game aspect of this one's hidden object play. Also, being very much into stories in games I like the depth of this as well. I haven't finished the original though and think I'll try to get that wrapped up before playing this one.

Poodlebear,

How soon do you think you will have your first Punch Card filled in March. I have several games I have put on hold as Monday is the first of the month.

This one is such a temptation to get today ... but will have to wait one more day.

Like you, I like a story instead of just looking for things to be looking for things. This one does have depth to it, and I also like the voices in this one.

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 6:11:27 AM PST

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Feb 27, 10 6:45 AM
patnsky wrote:

This one is such a temptation to get today ... but will have to wait one more day.

Like you, I like a story instead of just looking for things to be looking for things. This one does have depth to it, and I also like the voices in this one.

I completely agree! Usually I don't much care for stories, but the story in both this and the earlier game really hooked me. I have been anxiously waiting for this game to come to BF, but now I wish they'd waited two more days to make it available. I really don't want to wait till Monday, but no way am I starting a new punch card with only two days left in the month. Come on, Monday! (and how often do you hear someone say that? )

BTW, I am SO glad that the graphics issues I had with the earlier game have been cleared up. This game is very clear and beautifully done.

BBFinesse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by BBFinesse on Feb 27, 10 7:07 AM
amlldr wrote:I am al,ost finished with the game. I feel there was way too much yapping and not enough mini games.
WAS WONDERING - Does anyone know the answers to the last questions.? The multi-choice? That way I think I will be done.
Thank you- Amlldr

You can find those answers in the Walkthrough.

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Feb 27, 10 7:20 AM
Just not for me -- too much story and movie intrusions into the game. If I want a movie I have Nteflix. I did like the association part of the HOG, but just too slow between actual games.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Feb 27, 10 7:31 AM
Liked the 1st one...like this one.

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

[Post New]by Vaugh on Feb 27, 10 7:44 AM
I like it. Graphics are beautiful. Dialog is a little intrusive to game play but I like the story. It will be the 6th punch on my card.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Feb 27, 10 12:06 PM
I like the game, nice clear graphics, not blurry like the first one. I like the idea of finding things by word association. The only thing that may hold me back from purchasing is all the dialog. I am concentrating on finding the different objects for the words and then another dialog video comes up. It is rather annoying.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Feb 27, 10 6:04 PM
BBFinesse wrote:
amlldr wrote:I am al,ost finished with the game. I feel there was way too much yapping and not enough mini games.
Thank you- Amlldr

You can find those answers in the Walkthrough.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Feb 27, 10 11:42 PM
Wow, I do not like this game. Way too much movie, stopping you allll the time, and I thought the minigames I played in the demo were lame.

Go to: