bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any 3 Cards to Dead Time technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 27, 10 1:41 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 3:15:39 PM PST

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:3 Cards to Dead Time technical issues

[Post New]by cesse47 on Feb 27, 10 11:27 PM
The game is not closing properly. I go to the main menu and choose quit. The program appears to close. However, I can still hear the music and a tab is on my bottom tool bar with the game name. If I click on it, nothing happens. I right click on it, get options, choose quit, and then the game closes.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 28, 10 8:08 AM
VERY SLOW, pages freeze up. Besides that - VERY SLOW, oh I said that. I uninstalled it, because you can't turn off the music or sound until after you start playing. And I always remove the custom cursor which you can't - not worth a game credit.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Feb 28, 10 11:36 AM
cesse47 wrote:The game is not closing properly. I go to the main menu and choose quit. The program appears to close. However, I can still hear the music and a tab is on my bottom tool bar with the game name. If I click on it, nothing happens. I right click on it, get options, choose quit, and then the game closes.

Same issue. In order to close file I must go to task manager and 'end task' Do you think it is a problem with adobe 10? A dialog box comes up if I right click the game to attempt to close, but there are no words in the box (except adobe 10 top border) and you can't 'x' out of this. Do you have this happen too? Are you also on Vista (64 for me)? I just updated my drivers and adobe last night before i installed this game so I know I'm good there. You also cannot 'alt-esc' and switch back to paused game, which has severely hindered my cheating ability!

On another note, both this game and the first 3 cards are a great spin on the HOG concept. I think the cut scenes are a nice segue into next scene of game and makes the game more of a story. Some HOG games are just seek/find (which I like too), but this is a refreshing change! I like a fun little ghost story with my HOG.

3 Cards to Dead Time technical issues

[Post New]by lavenderwerks on Mar 1, 10 12:03 PM
Question to anyone - are options showing up once you click on options? I'm attempting to get rid of the windows bar in the game at the top of the screen, thought maybe there would be a full screen button in options to do that. There are buttons there but grayed out and un-clickable.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Mar 1, 10 8:45 PM
I only had one issue with the technical part of this game. When I went to find the objects the answers were already in the slots, This happened about four times.I didn't even get the chance to find them.

LyndaLune
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

"validation code"??

[Post New]by LyndaLune on Mar 13, 10 9:35 AM
I played the trial version of this game and liked it so I bought it. Now when I click on "start game", it's asking for a validation code? Unusual inside a game, but I dutifully went back to my account, wrote down that really long activation/validation code (since cut/paste won't work inside the game). The field isn't long enough to take all 20 characters (23 if you include the dashes) and when I typed in as much of the "code" as I could, it gave me a message saying "not valid". Please advise...?

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Mar 13, 10 10:46 AM
cesse47 wrote:The game is not closing properly. I go to the main menu and choose quit. The program appears to close. However, I can still hear the music and a tab is on my bottom tool bar with the game name. If I click on it, nothing happens. I right click on it, get options, choose quit, and then the game closes.

The game does not close for me until I get the Microsoft error message that asks if you want to report this to microsoft. Did not buy because of this issue, otherwise would have.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Post any 3 Cards to Dead Time technical issues here only

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jun 12, 10 12:00 AM
Same issue as Cesse. Doesn't have anything to do with the operating system since it also happens on Windows XP. Same thing also happens when tabbing out.

Syrenia
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Syrenia on Aug 23, 10 10:29 PM
Yup. Me too. When I window out to check the walkthrough, I can't get back in. Have to right-click in the task bar, and get the box that tells me "this program is not responding" (no, really?) to get out.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Sep 4, 10 9:47 PM
get to where she found her boy friend outside,and game goes black,and computer crash,s.had to restore computer.i,m afraid to play any more.

Thefranjy
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Thefranjy on Oct 2, 10 5:31 PM
so many glitches don't know where to start....should've given this game for free...i'm deleting it...

[Post New]by Rodonn on Oct 4, 10 2:55 PM
I have the same problem of the game not exiting cleanly.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Sep 6, 14 4:50 PM
My computer froze! I mean totally, and for awhile I seriously considered going to the geeks at Best Buy ( I get the coverage for all computers), but after shutting down SEVERAL times I was able to shut the game down. Whew. Immediately uninstalled the game and I'm not re-installing. And for the few minutes it ran properly, it looked like a cool game!! Bummer.

Go to: