bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Too much dialogue, too often

[Post New]by bluesinew on Feb 27, 10 7:33 AM
This game is unique in the way you find the hidden objects and some of the mini games are different, however the long, tedious dialogue prevented me from finishing the trial .. plus it was just boring. I do prefer IHOG's over HOG's so this one, although different, didn't to do it for me. I will not be buying game.

Re:Too much dialogue, too often

[Post New]by porambo707 on Feb 27, 10 7:54 AM
I felt the same way. I made it through 15 minutes of the trial before I became too bored to finish. Although they had some unique puzzles, the hidden item pages were too easy, only having to find a few things before you would be bombarded with tons of dialogue. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm going to have to pass this one up as well.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Feb 27, 10 7:57 AM
I agree with the comments of the posters before me!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Feb 27, 10 8:12 AM
Agree with everybody. Too much dialogue. I uninstalled after trying out the demo for just a while. Not worth my time.

pchy
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by pchy on Feb 27, 10 8:47 AM
way too much-----I didn't even finish the 3 cards in the demo and the first puzzle was really a waste of time

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Feb 27, 10 8:49 AM
I agree, way too much dialog. You can hit the space bar too skip it, but it's still bothersome the amount of times I have to hit that space bar. It's too bad because otherwise I really like the game. I like how you have to figure out the clues of what you are looking for. Another thing I don't like is that I can't seem to be able to turn off the music. I hate having to listen to the music during the game, I find it annoying. On the fence about this game, because I really do enjoy the hidden object part, but the dialog and the music is quite bothersome.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Feb 27, 10 8:52 AM
I disagree, I do love a good story ... and this game rocks... but there seems to be some problems with the 'getting out' of this game, but the game itself was running smoothly. it's only when i wanted to leave that it did not like it...

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Feb 27, 10 9:18 AM
There are 3 degrees of difficulty to choose from. If you pick "easy" then you will have more dialogue and fewer objects to find. I usually pick the middle and enjoy both the first time through but when I replay I'll pick the challenger mode.

MissJack08
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MissJack08 on Feb 27, 10 9:56 AM
Game was annoying and boring!
First one was good, but all the dialogue in this one was just too much for me.
Not a buy!

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Feb 27, 10 10:04 AM
I did not purchase the game, for that same reason.

kithain
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by kithain on Feb 27, 10 10:41 AM
Absolutely awful. Enough said.

kit

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Feb 27, 10 12:19 PM
This is the first time I've been totally disappointed with one of the games. You're reading or listening to the story 75% of the time.
Even when you need to reset a puzzle, the dialogue comes up again! I did purchase this after playing for a short time. The next time, I will let the free hour run out!

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Feb 27, 10 1:02 PM
THANKS FORUM FISHES---ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE SAVED ME TIME AND CREDITS. i WASN'T THAT FOND OF THE 1ST 3 CARD, BUT I STRUGGLED THRU THINKING IT WOULD GET BETTER. MAY LOOK AT IT BUT MOST LIKELY WON'T BUY. THE DIALOGUE THING IS A REAL DRAW BACK- YOU SHOULD AWAYS BE ABLE TO SKIP ESPECIALLY IF YOU GO BACK AND PLAY A GAME AGAIN.
TINK

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Feb 27, 10 4:01 PM
I also had a problem exiting out of the game and had to use the task manager to end it. Game exited to icon (minimiized) but could still hear the music playing, checked and game no longer responding.
I really wish the developer would have given you the option to turn off the music, since I never listen to it. Why give me an options section if you're only given me full or windowed mode?
I also agree with the others about the dialogue...could have been done much better. Too much and set at the wrong parts of the game. Put at the beginning or end of the chapters.
I do find the game more challenging with the word association, much different approach from other HOG games.I did purhase the first game but am on the fence with this one. I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings.
Happy Saturday fishies!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Feb 27, 10 5:16 PM
I totally agreed with you all, in the middle of a search for hidden objects, here it comes the dialogue and the scenes from the past memories, the puzzle are boring, the music annoying, too bad, because it could have benn a nice game to follow, I tought it would have been like 3 cards to midnight, in that sense is the sequel of it, but in there the dialogue was at the end of each card revelation or in the beninning, anyway a not buy!!

jacquibagley
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jacquibagley on Feb 27, 10 5:48 PM
I totally agree with you all............this has got to be the worst...boring game I have played in a while..........I have uninstalled...............absolute rubbish.

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Feb 27, 10 7:02 PM
Agree with everyone else's assessment re the dialogue. I enjoy a story when I'm playing a game, however, they could have cut the dialogue back by about 80%. I won't be buying this until (or if) they change this. Way too tedious to play a game with this much dialogue.

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 7:03:42 PM PST

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Feb 27, 10 8:15 PM
I agree with everyone else. The dialogue became annoying. To be constantly interrupted when you're trying to play a game made it not enjoyable. I won't be buying this one either.

sellers45
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by sellers45 on Feb 27, 10 8:20 PM
I absolutely agree with the "boring, too much dialogue" and every other negative aspect of this game. Will not purchase. Could not even finish the demo, was so bored.

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Feb 27, 10 9:10 PM
Everybody seems to agree - although there's a bit of a twist on identifying the hidden objects, the game is dialogue, upon dialogue, upon dialogue, and just when you think you can settle in and play the game, there's still more dialogue.

Frankly, I've never understood why game developers insist on fillng the games with inane talking, and the only reason I can think of is they want to extend the playing time - a time waster. Such games for me are a show stopper no matter how impressive the game is. I buy for the challenge of the game, and could care less about what the "characters" are thinking, or why they're going where they're going. Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 9:13:00 PM PST

Go to: